Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a shame, you guys couldn't get the 8th seed. With the way you've been playing, you're right there with half of the East playoff teams.

Prepare for the Bandwagon to get full next year fellas......All aboard, last train leaving Union Station! 8)

I expect to see a lot more Wizards "fans" and folks who have "been supporting since the Bullet days...." come out of the word work.

Where are those who said John was a bust?

Bust and Kwame-like #1 picks don't have weeks/months like John has strung together.

I can say I never wavered on this dude....reading an article in the Post about him three years ago, how could you?

When healthy and in a positive environment/work setting...his ceiling his high, sky high.

It really is a shame, you guys couldn't get the 8th seed. With the way you've been playing, you're right there with half of the East playoff teams.

Yeah man....it sucks, but it's extremely encouraging how they've played since January 1. Those are the breaks of an NBA season tho.

All that said, this is one of my most rewarding seasons watching the team (since they became the Wizards) as a fan. I am very optimistic about the direction of the team going forward.

I think it would be in the team's best interest to see if they can move Nene this offseason. The money he's owed, coupled with his contract is slowly becoming a problem. I like the guy. When healthy, he's a smart/dynamic player. He also provides some great leadership. If he can't get on the floor, all of those intangibles go out the window.

Might be asking EG to do too much, but he absolutely needs to find a taker for Nene. I

Yeah man....it sucks, but it's extremely encouraging how they've played since January 1. Those are the breaks of an NBA season tho.

All that said, this is one of my most rewarding seasons watching the team (since they became the Wizards) as a fan. I am very optimistic about the direction of the team going forward.

I think it would be in the team's best interest to see if they can move Nene this offseason. The money he's owed, coupled with his contract is slowly becoming a problem. I like the guy. When healthy, he's a smart/dynamic player. He also provides some great leadership. If he can't get on the floor, all of those intangibles go out the window.

Might be asking EG to do too much, but he absolutely needs to find a taker for Nene. I
Yup I agree Nene has to go. I'm sorry that $13 million or whatever is just too much

^ yeah he's still more than serviceable but he's just overpaid. That summer we gave nene that big contract I was worried. So needless to say I'm glad we got rid of him, even tho he did a lot for the nuggets. But Wall is showing out, if he would have been playing at this level all year he would arguably be in the same.convo as Irving. The funny part is I'm friends with one of his best friends and one day we were talking about how bad Irvings play was making Wall look bad and my boy said true but john bout to come out strong. And I take what he say as the truth cause he does everything with Wall, he was even in his last Reebok commercial on the porch. But, next year should be yall year to make the playoffs :smokin

^ i feel we should ride out his contract with the history of this team we should think heavily before getting rid of a high iq player

Idc bout the bandwagon, i know the regulars, but meth needs to manage the thread the titles are too funny plus that def kept out trolls

Lol I feel he's def gonna flake

I didn't watch today but I see the stat line and only 3 assist I hope he doesn't become to shot happy next season,

nene needs more than 6 shots

Lol I feel he's def gonna flake

I didn't watch today but I see the stat line and only 3 assist I hope he doesn't become to shot happy next season,

nene needs more than 6 shots
:lol: People say this every time Wall has a low assist number.. I watched the game, trust me, it's because no one was hitting shots. Nene and Okafor were playing like ***. The team FG% only looks decent because guys hit shots in garbage time after the game was over. Wizards were shooting like 30-35% at the half.

I've never seen Wall ballhog ever, in any game I've watched. That's not in his personality. Anytime he has low assists it's because guys aren't finishing off the looks he gives them.

Last edited:
:lol: People say this every time Wall has a low assist number.. I watched the game, trust me, it's because no one was hitting shots. Nene and Okafor were playing like ***. The team FG% only looks decent because guys hit shots in garbage time after the game was over. Wizards were shooting like 30-35% at the half.

I've never seen Wall ballhog ever, in any game I've watched. That's not in his personality. Anytime he has low assists it's because guys aren't finishing off the looks he gives them.

I concur. When Okafor is not hitting that elbow/FT line jumper or the pick and pop & Nene is not finishing down low on great feeds.....what can you do?

Hopefully the continuity continues to build and the team gets healthy and improves where/when/if it can.

Wall's reverse lay-up alley oop last night :x :x :x

Sucks we lost to the big 3-less heat. Martell leaving really hurt the court spacing down the stretch. Wall 21st best player in the NBA....:smokin

In the last 20 games john is averaging 23.9 points per game on 48.3 percent shooting and 41.7 percent from three, plus averaging 7.8 assists per game. :smokin

I'm def gonna catch tomorrow's game

I'll be at tomorrow's game for sure.

I had tickets to the Nats/Braves game, but my job just hit me with tickets to a suite for the season finale tomorrow. No brainer.

Then I can finally find someone that has these Wall & Beal authentics.

Since it looks like the team will be drafting towards the back end of the lottery and will miss out on Otto...I wouldn't mind Glen Rob III (assuming he declares). Kid's potential is through the roof. With a point guard like Wall he would EAT on the fastbreak.

If the team drafts Cody Zeller I'm jumping ship.

The 2012-2013 season ended as it began - with a long, frustrating losing streak fraught with injuries.  

There were, however, quite a few bright spots along the way, and this thread has definitely been one of them.  Thanks so much to all of our participants - especially the regular crew of long-suffering Wiz fans - for making our season-long conversation together lively, interesting, and friendly.  

Everything that typically makes it miserable to discuss sports online - trolling, bashing, pettiness, pretension, and hyperbole - have been absent from our season thread, and I have each of you to thank for that.  

Let's hope we can keep it up throughout what promises to be a busy off-season, and into what could very well be Washington's first winning year in the John Wall era.  Though Washington's roster could use a few tweaks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, where this thread is concerned, we can bring this same team back next year.

Thanks for a great season!  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom