Was the Brandan Wright trade a good move for the Warriors?

I liked him but he made me mad, he would settle for jump shots way to much, and hardly ever took it to the hoop.

JapanAir21 said:
J-Rich didn't fit that well with the Warriors style of play and your right about the 6 game losing streak but I still think that it was a good move and besides Monta is ballin and he would not get nearly as many minutes if J-Rich was still around. Also Azubuike wouldn't get as much playing time either.

J-Rich didn't fit into the Warriors style of play?

Give me a break.
laugh.gif

He didn't. J-Rich needed to work on his ball handling. He can't dribble and create his own shot off the dribble consistently. He'll dribble upcourt and "try" to penetrate but will take the ball back out.
[h3]JapanAir21 said:[/h3]
I'm probably the only person that will say it's a bad move.

Yes, it's obviuosly bad short-term because your not getting anything productive from Wright for a while.

Yeah, you'll save money to sign other FA's they want to build up, but this team doesn't have what it takes to get on the next level, the elite level, and getting rid of J-Rich wasn't the answer, needed to get rid of a lot more than that, I'm still upset Jason Richardson isn't a Warrior.

Don't get me wrong... I love my Warriors, but I don't think the Warriors are going to be on the same level with San Antonio and Phoenix with J-Rich.What seriously makes you think that we'll be an elite team with J-Rich? What does he bring to the table that we don't already get with the players wealready have (don't say heart/intensity because we have Jackson and Baron who bring that)? We're not going to be an elite team either way but this way,we can create cap space to sign Monta and Andris to long term deals to build while we're still competitive. Competitive teams attract FA's... FA'swould think that they are the "missing piece" to the puzzle.

I think it's very good pick for the warriors, we are looking at it as a long term goal to keep this guy and progress in the future. He's alreadygetting better and better everytime he steps on the court, I mean did you see him caught that alley from gordon?...The future I tell yah the future...

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

I think it's very good pick for the warriors, we are looking at it as a long term goal to keep this guy and progress in the future. He's already getting better and better everytime he steps on the court, I mean did you see him caught that alley from gordon?...The future I tell yah the future...
You mean Hudson?

Yeah I mean Hudson...thanks for the correction...lol..
laugh.gif
btw..can anyone hookup a fellow 510 a goldenstate tag?

No, I don't think keeping J-Rich would have made them elite.

But trading away J-Rich wasn't the answer either.

If your going to trade away a key player, then get the job done and get the team the best you can make it.

Marco, Wright, Hudson, and Croshere are those keys? No.

On top of that, the Warriors have to rebuild their heart.

J-Rich WAS the heart and soul of this team. Yes they're doing well, ans SJAX is stepping up to try and be the leader, but it takes time, it doesn'thappen overnight.

J-Rich developed that heart for being with the Warriors so long. Who has the longest tenure with the Warriors? And how long is it?

The hell? What do you want them to do then? If they keep him, they'll still need more money to sign both Andris and Monta or else they'll walk.

If your going to trade away a key player, then get the job done and get the team the best you can make it.

I think you want back Jason Richardson for an all-star, am I correct? You want a sudden impact player for right now, right? That's how you're making itout to be. Again, this move was made for the long term in mind. Before Nellie came, the Warriors had no sense of direction. We had no plan for the future. Nowthat he's here, we have direction. We have a plan for the future. Now that we have a plan for the future, you don't like it.

J-Rich WAS the heart and soul of this team. Yes they're doing well, ans SJAX is stepping up to try and be the leader, but it takes time, it doesn't happen overnight.

S-Jax is ALREADY the leader. How do you not see that? Jackson is more vocal than Baron! We started 1-6 without S-Jax and tell me what our record is with S-Jax?If that doesn't scream leader, I don't know what does.

You don't become s leader overnight? Newsflash! S-Jax wasn't just traded to the Warriors... he was with the Warriors last season too.

J-Rich developed that heart for being with the Warriors so long. Who has the longest tenure with the Warriors? And how long is it?

Pietrus is the longest tenure Warrior now... does that make him the heart and soul of the team? If Foyle was still with us, is he the heart and soul for theWarriors? Kevin Garnett was just acquired by Boston, doesn't he bring heart and soul to the Celtics? Your reasoning for Richardson being the heart and soulof this team is flawed. I'm not denying the fact that Richardson brought that to the table, but your logic is flawed.

I believe this is the right move. We haven't regress thus far without J-Rich and I think we can do no worse but improve with our current squad. Not thatI'm satisfied with we have right now, but if we play our cards right when opportunity comes, we can make acquisition to take it to the next level.

J-Rich was the face of the organization since he got here but his game just wasn't making us better. At first it was pretty shocking that they traded himaway but after I got past that, it was definitely a good decision in my mind.

I believe this move was made more for long-term success rather than short-term.. Not to mention they are getting equal production from Monta Ellis and Kelennathat Jason Richardson would of provided.. It's even very hard for me to recognize the fact that J Rich is not on the team anymore, B/C they are playing thesame basketball w/o him.. And like people said earlier his contract stinks.. The Warriors still have to resign Baron Davis, Biedrins, Monta Ellis, Matt Barnes,and so on. They got rid of his contract while regaining the same play from his specific postion.. Sounds like a win situation to me so far..

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

The hell? What do you want them to do then? If they keep him, they'll still need more money to sign both Andris and Monta or else they'll walk.

I think you want back Jason Richardson for an all-star, am I correct? You want a sudden impact player for right now, right? That's how you're making it out to be. Again, this move was made for the long term in mind. Before Nellie came, the Warriors had no sense of direction. We had no plan for the future. Now that he's here, we have direction. We have a plan for the future. Now that we have a plan for the future, you don't like it.

J-Rich WAS the heart and soul of this team. Yes they're doing well, ans SJAX is stepping up to try and be the leader, but it takes time, it doesn't happen overnight.

S-Jax is ALREADY the leader. How do you not see that? Jackson is more vocal than Baron! We started 1-6 without S-Jax and tell me what our record is with S-Jax? If that doesn't scream leader, I don't know what does.

You don't become s leader overnight? Newsflash! S-Jax wasn't just traded to the Warriors... he was with the Warriors last season too.

Pietrus is the longest tenure Warrior now... does that make him the heart and soul of the team? If Foyle was still with us, is he the heart and soul for the Warriors? Kevin Garnett was just acquired by Boston, doesn't he bring heart and soul to the Celtics? Your reasoning for Richardson being the heart and soul of this team is flawed. I'm not denying the fact that Richardson brought that to the table, but your logic is flawed.

My dude Paul (nh ) just shut him down.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
No offense JapanAir, but Paul is right.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

^Of course he didnt look the same he was injured for a good part of the year last year. I think last year shouldnt be looked at as a down year for jrich since he was injured

have you seen him this year? hes still playing like a @@*!*. and the second injury he had was to his hand
eyes.gif

Read my second post in this thread, second injury or not, he was still INJURED
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Jrich is my favorite player still and probably will still remain so [color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]because I grew up watching him as a Warrior,[/color] but it was a good trade because we gain a lot of cap space to sign our other young guys, like Monta and Andris. He's a helluva clutch player and scorer, but that role can be filled by the players we have...we're rollin right now without him. And by trading him, we also get a prospect with high potential in BWright....if BWright turns out to be a star this trade would be very lopsided. Even if he doesn't, it allows us to sign the players we have now to long-term deals. So there's nothing negative about this trade from the Warriors' standpoint other than that they lose a fan favorite and the person who defined the Warriors for so many years.

how old are you? 5?

the warriors made the right move. in the long run, this was obviously the better move. we have azubuike and monta still growing and now we have belinelli too.we were way overloaded at the spot, had young talent, and saved a bunch of money to resign players. obviously it hurt to see him get traded because he was theface of the warriors for so long and the warriors were finally on their way up, but if you factor in all the positives and negatives, then you'd find outthat this was the best move for the warriors.

J-Rich still going to be a great player but unfurtunately not with the warriors. One of the reason why we let him go cause of his reaccuring injuries but if Iwas to make a decision I would've keep him as a role player in the team. However, this is a business first and the warriors are always looking for youngtalent.

The trade was a GREAT move, especially long term. Short term it isn't even really hurting us, as Azubuike and Ellis are playing great at the 2 spot andproviding plenty of scoring and playing decent defense as well. Really, how much more would J-rich help this team? I mean we're getting almost the sameamount of production out of the young guys at a fraction of the cost. Plus, Azubuike is still young and will continue to get better. He was a GREAT pickup forthe warriors from the d-league.

As far as long term goes, we got Wright who is showing flashes of being a very good player even as a rookie, and now we'll have the room in the budget toresign Ellis and Biedrins. Ellis, Biedrins, Azubuike, & Wright could be a great nucleus down the road, and keep us a very good team into the future.

Honestly, having J-Rich would only be good for sentimental reasons. From an unemotional perspective, there is no way that J-Rich move was bad.

Trading J-Rich was painful and shocking. It hurt to see him go because he was the epitome of what Warriors fans were. Somebody who resided in the Bay Areanever getting close enough to even sniff the playoffs. But at the same time he never threw crybaby fits that attracted national attention. So when last yearhappened you just got the feel good vibe for Richardson because he's finally tasting success. Then comes draft night and the world learns that he wastraded for Brandan Wright. I'll admit I didn't like the move at first because I liked the chemistry of the team at the time. But Stephen Jackson hasproved to me that since he came back that the trade was the right move. A $10 million trade exception? That is a crapload of money. But it was also supposed tobe spent trying to acquire Garnett. It was supposed to be Ellis, Harrington, and Wright but Minny said no to that. Oh well, they're doing just fine withouthim...for now.

how old are you? 5?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
if u really have to know i'm a soph in college rightnow, so yeah i'm a 5 year old genius dude, get off me!

of course i meant, i grew up watching him as a warrior during my middle school/high school years. when you're 5 you don't even understand basketball.i know you're joking but that don't even make sense.

Back
Top Bottom