Was the Brandan Wright trade a good move for the Warriors?

giantsytigers

Banned
To me it seems like the Warriors made a smart move in trading for Brandan Wright because J-Rich would not help them that much if so at all. I know Wright mightnot help them for a couple years but it seemed smart to me. What do you think.

Has Michael Jordan made any right moves as an executive???

-Drafting Kwame
-trading Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse
-trading his lottery pick for J-Rich(results pending)

what the hell are you talking about? jrich would not help at all? you must be kidding right? as opposed to a bench warming rook? wow. his scoring wouldnt help?his rebounding wouldnt help? his leadership wouldnt help? i guarantee if we had jrich during our 6 game losing streak we wouldnt have been winless. and likeyou said wright wont be much help for a couple of years but by the time he's ready baron is probably past his prime maybe jackson too.

stoneface for you. because i'm typing this in quick reply.

edit*

i also dont understand this "we save a crapload of money" idea. uhhh we traded him to save moeny to sign a bunch of scrubs.(t-hud, croshere)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

-Drafting Kwame

still infinitely better than isaiah thomas!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jal22588

what the hell are you talking about? jrich would not help at all? you must be kidding right? as opposed to a bench warming rook? wow. his scoring wouldnt help? his rebounding wouldnt help? his leadership wouldnt help? i guarantee if we had jrich during our 6 game losing streak we wouldnt have been winless. and like you said wright wont be much help for a couple of years but by the time he's ready baron is probably past his prime maybe jackson too.

stoneface for you. because i'm typing this in quick reply.

I think it helped. The saved so much money. Wright will help soon.

Baron is still awesome.
indifferent.gif
at you

I think it was a good move. Save a lot of money and give Kelena and Monta a lot more playing time.

Plus I think a few years from now Wright is going to be a solid player in this league.

J-Rich didn't fit that well with the Warriors style of play and your right about the 6 game losing streak but I still think that it was a good move andbesides Monta is ballin and he would not get nearly as many minutes if J-Rich was still around. Also Azubuike wouldn't get as much playing time either.

your reasoning? baron is awesome but he isnt getting any younger or faster.

edit* you guys are replying way too fast

so what part of jrich's game didnt fit in the system? he shot well from 3 point land. he was able to run. he rebounded. the only knock would be hishandling.

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

-Drafting Kwame

laugh.gif

Isiah's drafted Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, T-Mac.......thats about it
laugh.gif

the money free'd by trading away jrich is not being used to sign croshere hudson etc, its going to be used to sign biedrins monta. The trade isnt good forthe short term b/c u need jrichs experience/leadership etc for a run in the playoffs this year, where bwright wont give u significant help right now but willin a few years. and like someone said above, bwright will probably start to pan out when bd is already at a decline in his career. bwrights going to be a beastthough, if you seen him play in the little time that he gets playing, he does really good on the boards, and is very active

JRich is shooting
39.9% from the field
56.8% FT shooting
5.4 Rebs
2.6 Assists
16.9 pts

JRich is due to make
$11.1 M this year, $12.2M 08', $13.3M 09', $14.4 M 2010-11

The move was mainly financial but they got a young prospect out of it. Monta and Buike are playing good basketball at the SG spot. Bellinelli should be fine inthe long haul as well. I don't think they miss JRich's numbers at all. I think they're playing better ball without him.

Of course they'll miss the intangibles that JRich brought to the team but it was a good move by Mully.

Originally Posted by EG47

JRich is shooting
39.9% from the field
56.8% FT shooting
5.4 Rebs
2.6 Assists
16.9 pts

JRich is due to make
$11.1 M this year, $12.2M 08', $13.3M 09', $14.4 M 2010-11

The move was mainly financial but they got a young prospect out of it. Monta and Buike are playing good basketball at the SG spot. Bellinelli should be fine in the long haul as well. I don't think they miss JRich's numbers at all. I think they're playing better ball without him.

Of course they'll miss the intangibles that JRich brought to the team but it was a good move by Mully.

I bet u if he was still with the warriors he wouldnt have had such low numbers. New system, new coach, new city etc takes getting used to. I think hewould have done great this yr with the Ws

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

-Drafting Kwame

laugh.gif

Isiah's drafted Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, T-Mac.......thats about it
laugh.gif

yes. clearly the best exec ever. i mean, he's been so successful with the knicks.
wink.gif

JRich is a good player to have on any team.

JRich's contract is terrible.

I'd say good long-term. Bad short-term.

We are not hurting without him.
nerd.gif
He had a huge contract for someone thatwas almost just a shooter. Wasnt worth his contract. Dont get me wrong, dude is still one of my favorite players though.

Jrich is my favorite player still and probably will still remain so because I grew up watching him as a Warrior, but it was a good trade because we gain a lotof cap space to sign our other young guys, like Monta and Andris. He's a helluva clutch player and scorer, but that role can be filled by the players wehave...we're rollin right now without him. And by trading him, we also get a prospect with high potential in BWright....if BWright turns out to be a starthis trade would be very lopsided. Even if he doesn't, it allows us to sign the players we have now to long-term deals. So there's nothing negativeabout this trade from the Warriors' standpoint other than that they lose a fan favorite and the person who defined the Warriors for so many years.

Originally Posted by jal22588

i also dont understand this "we save a crapload of money" idea. uhhh we traded him to save moeny to sign a bunch of scrubs.(t-hud, croshere)

your math skills aren't that great
laugh.gif

Richardson was a good player for our team. However, he is not the same player that he was 2 seasons ago. He has turned from a high flying star to a jumpshooting @+++!. He progressed every season that he was with the Warriors until last season. He just didn't look like the same player to me anymore. Sure, I would love to have him on the team, but hes gone.

^Of course he didnt look the same he was injured for a good part of the year last year. I think last year shouldnt be looked at as a down year for jrich sincehe was injured

No. Golden State now only has 8 perimeter players in the lineup instead of 9.
eyes.gif

Of course it was a smart move by the Warriors.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

^Of course he didnt look the same he was injured for a good part of the year last year. I think last year shouldnt be looked at as a down year for jrich since he was injured

have you seen him this year? hes still playing like a @@*!*. and the second injury he had was to his hand
eyes.gif

"^Of course he didnt look the same he was injured for a good part of the year last year. I think last year shouldnt be looked at as a down year for jrichsince he was injured"

Mullin could have seen a red flag with JRich's injury as well. Although JRich has made himself into a better player throughout the years, he mainly got byon sheer athleticism. After the surgery he was never quite the same and his game was exposed (Kobe had the same knee surgery and I don't really see itaffecting him).

Also, JRich did NOT fit Nellie's system. Nellie likes his wing players to be able to drive and dish, JRich was horrible driving to the cup. His inabilityto drive past anybody in the Utah series exemplifies this. Like I said earlier, Monta and Kelenna more than make up for JRich's numbers.

Finally, with all the scoring the W's have on their team JRich's numbers would probably look similar to his Bobcat numbers (which are similar to whathe was avg. last yr) if he were on the W's this yr.

Juwan's
-Drafting Kwame

id say bringing hughes to Washington and getting rid of juwan's contract which made it possible to sign Arenas were good moves

J-Rich didn't fit that well with the Warriors style of play and your right about the 6 game losing streak but I still think that it was a good move and besides Monta is ballin and he would not get nearly as many minutes if J-Rich was still around. Also Azubuike wouldn't get as much playing time either.

J-Rich didn't fit into the Warriors style of play?

Give me a break.
laugh.gif

I'm probably the only person that will say it's a bad move.

Yes, it's obviuosly bad short-term because your not getting anything productive from Wright for a while.

Yeah, you'll save money to sign other FA's they want to build up, but this team doesn't have what it takes to get on the next level, the elitelevel, and getting rid of J-Rich wasn't the answer, needed to get rid of a lot more than that, I'm still upset Jason Richardson isn't a Warrior.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Jrich is my favorite player still and probably will still remain so because I grew up watching him as a Warrior, but it was a good trade because we gain a lot of cap space to sign our other young guys, like Monta and Andris. He's a helluva clutch player and scorer, but that role can be filled by the players we have...we're rollin right now without him. And by trading him, we also get a prospect with high potential in BWright....if BWright turns out to be a star this trade would be very lopsided. Even if he doesn't, it allows us to sign the players we have now to long-term deals. So there's nothing negative about this trade from the Warriors' standpoint other than that they lose a fan favorite and the person who defined the Warriors for so many years.
Truth!

Back
Top Bottom