~~~+++Warning April Fools Day Virus+++~~~

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'm scared.
ohwell.gif

man up jus make sure you are up to date and disable auto play

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Ok someone help me update my windows and firewall. Where do I do that at? I don't know any of these things and I haven't touched my PC in forever.
to update windows hop on internet explorer go to saftey on ie8 and hit windows update or on ie 7 go to tools and update. for your firewall go to options and hit update

Good looks.

Here's another link if some of you want to read up on the virus. http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464;_ylt=As98klUxKoj0cOrBY7N1JA4azJV4

disconnecting your comp. will probably not help unless you plan to keep it disconnected forever. i would guess that the instructions will be sent continuously.
if you dont have it already you have nothing to fear, to check if you have it:
check your windows updates
if automatic update is off, and you cannot manually update you may have this particular virus

I'm running Avast 4.8 Home Edition and I just opened it up for the first time in months. I read a message saying that April 1st yadda yadda yadda, and theyare prepared yadda yadda yadda. I think I'm good, I just won't be visiting ANY pron sites for a while.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

what if the real virus is in the anti virus software? scaring all these people to use the infected anti virus software

eek.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Ran a scan and I'm good to go. Kinda suprised but, not 1 virus detected.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]took microsoft a few min to load....thank god my connection is slow, i thought i was attacked[/color]
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

windows prompted me for an update i installed and my computer was unbearable...had to do a factory restore. has anyone else done such recently?
^ yeah, about 2 weeks ago. I was in the same boat. Luckily I had just backed up my cpu or I would've been hella pissed.

Why are people diconnecting your computer and turning it off. They already announced that wont do you any good because whenever you choose to turn on yourcomputer, you can still get the virus.

I hope my job gets infected for a good week or so...........damn, actually nah, playing with people and their meds would be FTL.

lol im talking to my friend she telling my her office doesnt have an antivirus protection
%%!? That is not a good look. I am the sole IT person (Systems Administrator) for a company of 50 people. We got client-server Trend Micro running24/7 on all of the computers and they are all updated with the current Microsoft security patches. I'm honestly not too worried. I didn't do to much toprepare and I'm hoping for the best. I have talked to a bunch of other IT people and they all agreed that this whole thing is a little overblown. I'mnot losing sleep over it and I'm hoping for the best.

im to scared to do the update, I downloaded that microsoft malicious software removal though. Scanning it now along with my avast.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

If you want to check if your computer's been infected already, go to sites like www.microsoft.com or www.f-secure.com

The conficker virus blocks your computer from going there so if you're able to load the site, you don't have it... yet

Also turning off your computer won't help. But I'm still doing it anyways
laugh.gif

Some conficker removal tools:

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool:

http://mscom-dlcecn.vo.ll...indows-kb890830-v2.6.exe

F-Secure removal utility

ftp://193.110.109.53/anti-virus/tools/beta/f-downadup.zip

McAfee's removal tool

http://67.97.80.71/vil/co...ger/Stinger_Coficker.exe

This $@!! is not touching me
pimp.gif
This joint aint loading for me.