• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am willing to compromise on certain things when it comes to phones, but phone & wifi signal is not one of them
laugh.gif
Im with you 100%. I feel that sometimes we all (not you just in general) forget about the basics. The whole point of having a phone is to be able answer/receive calls and text messages. While i do realize that society communicates on different platforms, these phones should be able to do what their basic functions are. 

I am willing to compromise on certain things when it comes to phones, but phone & wifi signal is not one of them :lol:
true. When u first got the op3, it did everything fantastic except for call quality. A ton of glitches and drops. I almost returned it. Good thing the next software update fixed it. I actually need my phone to he a phone.

Last edited:
Wi-Fi signal is a nonnegotiable feature in any device for me. I have had phones that had weak Wi-Fi radios in them (Galaxy Nexus for example), and they made using the phone a pain in the ***. 

My bad. :lol: Don't get me wrong, the HTC 10 is a great device. It just lacks character. It feels like a Toyota Camry in phone form. The Toyota Camry is a great car for practical shoppers. The only issue with that is that the HTC 10 is sold at a premium price. A Toyota Camry is cool, paying BMW money for one isn't.

Want an ice view case to make up for it? :D

HTC 10 user here.. Will go back to my favorite phone ever Nokia 1520 as soon I get a new screen.. The 10 is a cool phone but the price is not.. That Axon looks good..

Kind of but I mainly want them to move away from SMS/mms technology and move on to something better like RCS. SMS is such an out dated thing now I feel like. But it isn't just on android it's on the carriers too, to implement it.

word, thanks.

Guess I never gave it much thought lol

looked into the RCS tech. this is a good article for people wondering, like myself:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/google-jibe-say-goodbye-sms-mms-messages/

The first SMS text message was sent in 1992. At the time, the idea of sending text messages to people all over the world for a flat fee was nothing short of revolutionary. But that was then, and in the 20+ years since, it has been supplanted by online services like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.

No surprise. There’s something tangibly passé about text messaging, especially with its lack of group messaging and the arbitrary limit of 160 characters per SMS. Other carrier-based message services, like Multi Media Messaging (MMS), are also a bit dated, struggling to handle rich media like photos and video.

But now there’s something new. Something that might actually replace, or at the very least augment, old-school text messaging. It’s called Rich Communication Services (RCS), and it might be coming to an Android phone near you thanks to the efforts of Google. Here’s what you need to know.
How RCS > SMS & MMS

Over the past few years, there’s been a gradual drift from carrier-delivered communications (like texts and voice calls) to services provided by third parties (called over-the-top (OTT) services) — and carriers are worried because they can’t profit from SMS or MMS if people aren’t using them anymore.

And that’s why RCS is so fascinating, as it’s another step forward for mobile standards. To be clear, it’s not replacing SMS. Rather, it’s a competing standard that’s being developed by the GSM Association (GSMA). It actually started way back in 2007 and has been flying under the radar up ’til now.

read the rest of the article at the link I provided above.

when your first experience with android n is with a damn nexus player :x

why did the hell did the make the UI look like some hybrid tablet nonsense with these tiny *** icons :x

word, thanks.

Guess I never gave it much thought lol

looked into the RCS tech. this is a good article for people wondering, like myself:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/google-jibe-say-goodbye-sms-mms-messages/

The first SMS text message was sent in 1992. At the time, the idea of sending text messages to people all over the world for a flat fee was nothing short of revolutionary. But that was then, and in the 20+ years since, it has been supplanted by online services like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.

No surprise. There’s something tangibly passé about text messaging, especially with its lack of group messaging and the arbitrary limit of 160 characters per SMS. Other carrier-based message services, like Multi Media Messaging (MMS), are also a bit dated, struggling to handle rich media like photos and video.

But now there’s something new. Something that might actually replace, or at the very least augment, old-school text messaging. It’s called Rich Communication Services (RCS), and it might be coming to an Android phone near you thanks to the efforts of Google. Here’s what you need to know.
How RCS > SMS & MMS

Over the past few years, there’s been a gradual drift from carrier-delivered communications (like texts and voice calls) to services provided by third parties (called over-the-top (OTT) services) — and carriers are worried because they can’t profit from SMS or MMS if people aren’t using them anymore.

And that’s why RCS is so fascinating, as it’s another step forward for mobile standards. To be clear, it’s not replacing SMS. Rather, it’s a competing standard that’s being developed by the GSM Association (GSMA). It actually started way back in 2007 and has been flying under the radar up ’til now.

read the rest of the article at the link I provided above.

Yea pretty much the jist of it. Tbh, messaging is one feature. To me it is important though since my wife and my immediate family mainly have iphones. I travel a lot including international travel. It's just convenient. Around the world though people are using other apps, like line in Japan or whatsapp all over europe. It just never caught on out here because sms and imessage.

I think it's time for our phone carriers to innovate though. They are so behind. The tech in Asia for service is awesome vs what we get here. The phone carriers are just milking it before they have to catch up.

I remember 5 years ago I was with a friend in Japan and we drove into an underground tunnel, and he let the person on the line know to hold up. The call didnt hang, it just waited to get connection again. As soon as we exited the tunnel, the call connected instantly because they both didnt hang up. Here in the states you lose connection its game over. Plus people are more well versed with apps overseas, even the older folks (no offense). They use whatsapp or line etc, because it is well advertised what the benefits are.

anyways /rant lol

Have you ever used the phone? Probably not.. If you have you would know that phone was smooth on 8.1.. Best experience on an OS.. one of these best cameras.. But I'll wait for you say something about Windows being trash or the app store.

hell no, used a 520 and a 640 that my aunt currently uses (bless her poor soul :x ). no need to bother with high end windows phones when those two confirmed that the app store is too lacking. 8.1 was smooth on budget hardware and i'm sure it has a good camera (not a camera person) but best experience on an os with the worst availability of apps? plz.

I gotta use the stock Samsung messenger app to get notifications on the gear fit [emoji]128529[/emoji]. This messenger app is so bland.

Note 7 is back at the store.

I'm back on my 1+2 and this thing is flying around.

It was noticeably struggling to keep up.

Pure to close to pure Android #masterrace

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom