• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
and why is the iphone 5 the standard? when the iphone 5 came out it couldnt beat the s3 or ANYTHING since then...why is it still the standard?

i actually like the s4. they were so successful with the s3, why make any significant changes to the design language of the s4? i like the plastic because it keeps the phone light and allows me to change the battery or put in my microSD card very quickly.

someone made these comparisons to the s3:

1) Thinner bezel makes for larger screen without actually making the device bigger.

2) Slightly smaller device, thinner, slimmer in width but the same height.

3) Faster more powerful processor.

4) Larger core memory 2GB.

5) Higher resolution screen, full HD at 1080p.

6) Higher 13mp camera and loads of new features.

8) Larger more powerful battery, still user replaceable.

9) lighter than Galaxy S3

10) New Touchwiz software features , eye control and hover select etc

11) Wireless charging.

12) New Gorilla Glass 3, even more resistant to scratches and breaking.

i actually like the s4. they were so successful with the s3, why make any significant changes to the design language of the s4? i like the plastic because it keeps the phone light and allows me to change the battery or put in my microSD card very quickly.

someone made these comparisons to the s3:

1) Thinner bezel makes for larger screen without actually making the device bigger.

2) Slightly smaller device, thinner, slimmer in width but the same height.

3) Faster more powerful processor.

4) Larger core memory 2GB.

5) Higher resolution screen, full HD at 1080p.

6) Higher 13mp camera and loads of new features.

8) Larger more powerful battery, still user replaceable.

9) lighter than Galaxy S3

10) New Touchwiz software features , eye control and hover select etc

11) Wireless charging.

12) New Gorilla Glass 3, even more resistant to scratches and breaking.

Hmmmm

See I wanna upgrade and all..
But I always like to see what apple rolls out.

Damn..

I'll prolly just upgrade.
The Iphone 5 was such a disappointment tho

Hmmmm

See I wanna upgrade and all..
But I always like to see what apple rolls out.

Damn..

I'll prolly just upgrade.
The Iphone 5 was such a disappointment tho

I had an iPhone 4 and was ready to upgrade late summer last year to the s3 but I figure I'll just wait to see what apple brought with the 5. Was extremely disappointed so I went android. Ended up going with an unlocked galaxy nexus cause I'm not down with two year contracts anymore.

Last edited:
Still torn between the S4 and HTC One. One is the phone I want, but I really don't wanna just throw away my 32 GB card... Just don't wanna feel like I'm settling...

Pretty sure iphone 5 destroyed the s3 in the little quadrant type apps you people love to base phones off of

Here we go with this crap again.

Who the **** cares which phone yall think is better.............Just buy what you LIKE/PREFER and let other people do the same.

I buy phones if i like them...........not just because its the most popular. I had the iPhone 5, and i HATED IT.......But thats MY preference. (and it was CERTAINLY not because of the quadrant score, which means absolutely NOTHING to 90% of the people that buy the damn phones)

I'm this -- close to buying a note 2 right now. The HTC one is the phone I want but im getting impatient. Really wish it had a 5" screen though.

No one's arguing bruh, you mentioned a vague statement and all i said was android has more market share than ios.

Well, duh. That argument is flawed though because of the amount of devices running the current software version and not the most up to date. The amount of iOS devices running 6.1.2 is far greater than devices running whatever the current version of Android is.

And considering there's 50 different versions of Android with bloat ware from each company, market share isn't surprising at all.

Quick question, if there is no rom on an android phone ... Do I have to put the factory rom back on before I could install a custom rom?

whats the main difference between the S4 and HTC One? I just see the HTC has a slightly smaller screen and worse battery

Last edited:
no.

Get into download mode & install a recovery...then flash your rom

My question is how the hell does he have a phone without a ROM on it in the first place? lol

I would assume it has to have a recovery already on it because they would have had to be in recovery mode to delete the rom from the phone in the first place. (unless there is a way to do that without being in recovery in the first place)

no.

Get into download mode & install a recovery...then flash your rom

My question is how the hell does he have a phone without a ROM on it in the first place? lol

I would assume it has to have a recovery already on it because they would have had to be in recovery mode to delete the rom from the phone in the first place. (unless there is a way to do that without being in recovery in the first place)

That's actually exactly the case. Sold my girls one s on eBay, buyer had it for 12 days then they hit me up saying wouldn't boot. They took to a "tech" who had it for 2 weeks and said there's nothing he could do to fix it. They sent it back to me so now im trying to get it back working...i wouldn't have even took it back if they already left feedback.

That's actually exactly the case. Sold my girls one s on eBay, buyer had it for 12 days then they hit me up saying wouldn't boot. They took to a "tech" who had it for 2 weeks and said there's nothing he could do to fix it. They sent it back to me so now im trying to get it back working...i wouldn't have even took it back if they already left feedback.
SMDH.....rookies trying to play in the big leagues, lol.

HTC one looks good..... but they still do that locked bootloader and no S-off  crap dont they?
No, i think they have a website setup to unlock it. (at least they do for the older HTC phones)

No lie....HTC`s hardware DOES look allot better than the galaxy phones.......but if you are gonna put a case on it anyway, it doesnt matter how it looks.

whats the main difference between the S4 and HTC One? I just see the HTC has a slightly smaller screen and worse battery
at this point,

HTC: has better and more useful camera FEATURES. better hardware design. better sound, better build quality, technically a better screen (but the difference wont be noticeable)

S4: bigger screen, better AND removable battery, supposedly better camera (yet to really be tested), possibly more cores for the cpu (which also isnt confirmed nor proven to have an effect...yet), and you can add a memory card

I dont mention touchwiz or sense because thats a personal preference really. much less, its android. you can make your phone look like whatever you want. The s4 needs more field testing to see this if the battery will be a big improvement or a slight nudge due to the bigger screen.

at this point,

HTC: has better and more useful camera FEATURES. better hardware design. better sound, better build quality, technically a better screen (but the difference wont be noticeable)

S4: bigger screen, better AND removable battery, supposedly better camera (yet to really be tested), possibly more cores for the cpu (which also isnt confirmed nor proven to have an effect...yet), and you can add a memory card

I dont mention touchwiz or sense because thats a personal preference really. much less, its android. you can make your phone look like whatever you want. The s4 needs more field testing to see this if the battery will be a big improvement or a slight nudge due to the bigger screen.

Also, the S4 is on 4.2 and the HTC one is on 4.1. If that matters to anybody.

I'ma ask this question again, does the One do the split-screen multi-tasking like the Note 2 and GS4?

Back
Top Bottom