• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My upgrade is here and I am itching to get rid of my laggy HTC Inspire. Unless I see something drastically different I am going with the S4. Not sure about Sense on the HTC One and just want to get the best right out of the gate so hopefully a year in I won't be itching to get a new device like I have been the last 2 times I got phones.

I haven't dealt with Sense since the original EVO. It didn't exactly blow my mind then.

Why would they? I'm sure they wouldn't mind selling another 5 million phones before winter.

The iPhone is losing its luster. I was an Apple stan one of the worst kinds at that. A spec bump is not going to win the battle this year with the same exact design and the same locked down OS. I don't see how people are thinking this is a marginal update. Can the Note II do any of the things that they debuted at the press conference today? I know the iPhone can't.

Does the HTC one have the Multi-window/tasking feature like the Note 2 and S4?

And yeah some of Samsung's features are corny, but idc what y'all say though, EVERY phone should have SmartStay. Being able able to read articles on my phone w/o constantly having to adjust the screen settings or touch it to keep it awake is much appreciated

Does the HTC one have the Multi-window/tasking feature like the Note 2 and S4?

And yeah some of Samsung's features are corny, but idc what y'all say though, EVERY phone should have SmartStay. Being able able to read articles on my phone w/o constantly having to adjust the screen settings or touch it to keep it awake is much appreciated
not to insult you, no offense AT ALL...but how long does it take you to read one page/paragraph if your phone falls asleep without you touching the phone? ive wondered this since they introduced smart stay. because android automatically resizes/wraps text unlike the iphone to fit at any zoom level. if your phone is set to sleep at 1 minute of idle time, that means it takes you a minute to read one page on a phone? see what im saying?

not to insult you, no offense AT ALL...but how long does it take you to read one page/paragraph if your phone falls asleep without you touching the phone? ive wondered this since they introduced smart stay. because android automatically resizes/wraps text unlike the iphone to fit at any zoom level. if your phone is set to sleep at 1 minute of idle time, that means it takes you a minute to read one page on a phone? see what im saying?

Thing is I normally set my screen timeout to 15 seconds because I'm notorious for not turning the screen off if I answer a quick text and put it back in my pocket, so I don't want the screen on for whole minute draining battery, if that makes sense.

Or if I'm trying to respond to a email/text and pause to think what I want to say. It's better for me for the screen to stay on while I'm still reading the message and thinking of my response then the screen cut off, now I have to unlock it again, and it f's up my train of thought.

But nah, I actually read pretty fast bruh :lol: No offense taken tho.

Last edited:
The iPhone is losing its luster. I was an Apple stan one of the worst kinds at that. A spec bump is not going to win the battle this year with the same exact design and the same locked down OS. I don't see how people are thinking this is a marginal update. Can the Note II do any of the things that they debuted at the press conference today? I know the iPhone can't.

iPhone 5 sold faster than ever, and there are more jailbreakers than ever. Multiply that with Sprint/Verizon ip4/4s users who will be able to upgrade I don't see it slowing down. Especially with iPad mini being as popular as it is, and possible iwatch.

S4 will do good. Apple will still do better. For now.

Just renewed my contract a few weeks ago and got a note 2 and I after watching the s4 announcement today, i decided im going to sell my note 2 when the s4 hits... without a doubt

iPhone 5 sold faster than ever, and there are more jailbreakers than ever. Multiply that with Sprint/Verizon ip4/4s users who will be able to upgrade I don't see it slowing down. Especially with iPad mini being as popular as it is, and possible iwatch.

S4 will do good. Apple will still do better. For now.

You do know Android dominates ios as far as global market share percentages right?

You do know Android dominates ios as far as global market share percentages right?

Now did I say Android or S4?

Android crosses more carriers more devices more manufacturers etc. Thats why I was being specific to this new product launch and specifically the comment to Apple slowing down THIS year.

Sigh...

Would you guys happen to have the numbers on iOS 6 adoption rate vs whatever the most current version of Android is?

Last edited:
Now did I say Android or S4?

Android crosses more carriers more devices more manufacturers etc. Thats why I was being specific to this new product launch and specifically the comment to Apple slowing down THIS year.

Well what does the ipad mini and iwatch have to do with anything than?

Last edited:
Well you mentioned the ipad mini and iwatch than mentioned apple in the end and that it'll still do better. That's kind of vague and when you mention apple will do better it seems like you're saying ios will do better.

I'm saying Apple as a company will do better BECAUSE of iOS. People like the simplicity of iCloud and have already invested so much money into iTunes and app stores that it keeps them around. iPad and watch only amplify that. Especially for early Verizon/Sprint adopters when ip4 dropped for them have the chance to get the "5s" or 5 at subsidized rate.

This isn't about one company/software/whatever beating the other. It's about the right one for the right user. I'm a diehard Apple fan yet I'm praising the S4 and other devices in here to see what else may be out there for me but you're still trying to argue about market share. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm saying Apple as a company will do better BECAUSE of iOS. People like the simplicity of iCloud and have already invested so much money into iTunes and app stores that it keeps them around. iPad and watch only amplify that. Especially for early Verizon/Sprint adopters when ip4 dropped for them have the chance to get the "5s" or 5 at subsidized rate.

This isn't about one company/software/whatever beating the other. It's about the right one for the right user. I'm a diehard Apple fan yet I'm praising the S4 and other devices in here to see what else may be out there for me but you're still trying to argue about market share. :lol:

No one's arguing bruh, you mentioned a vague statement and all i said was android has more market share than ios.

My only guess as to why Samsung did this is because during the past fiscal half, there's obviously been a lot of buzz about the S3 that has the ear of a bunch of iPhone users. This may be their chance to add a bunch of "features" that seal the deal and gets a bunch of people to switch over and they'll experience the phone and maybe never look back?

I don't know, I can't figure out why Samsung would do this 180 and blatantly insult the users of their previous products with this gimmicky nonsense. That's not how Samsung built up such a strong userbase, and this isn't the right direction for the company, unless their only interest is higher market share/returns for their shareholders.

I think a lot of people thought the S4 would blow the HTC One out of the water and HTC wouldn't have a chance. I don't think that's the case though. With all things considered, I personally believe that the HTC One is the better device. When both form and function are taken to account, I think the HTC One is the way to go. If only that battery life was better though, I think it would've been a no brainer

many people In here were swearing days ago the htc one didnt stand a chance, despite the fact nothing about the s4 was known for sure. but after this release... LOL s4 pulled an apple. honestly, if i was htc...id make a last minute tweak and squeeze in a 2500mAh (preferrably 2600) battery. they would literally steal at LEAST 20% of the s4s sales based off that alone. the only negative difference between the one and the s4 is that battery. lets see if theyll swallow pride and make a necessary correction

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S4 software improvements headed to the Galaxy S3[/h1]

By Richard Devine   | Mar 14 2013 | 9:57 pm  | 8 COMMENTS

samsung-galaxy-s4-8.jpg

Samsung showed off a whole bunch of new software improvements launching with the Galaxy S4, but apparently they won't remain exclusive to Samsung's latest. 

PC Mag managed to catch a word with Nick DiCarlo, Samsung's VP of Portfolio Planning, right after the Unpacked event in New York City. While discussing the new software features on the Galaxy S4, the topic of what might see its way onto the Galaxy S3  cropped up:
Anything that we can do that's not dependent on hardware like infrared, we'll definitely bring to all the flagship devices
This could also include the Galaxy Note 2, though that wasn't specifically mentioned. That opens the door to a whole bunch of the new features such as dual-camera, S-Translator, S Health, and perhaps even the Smart Pause and Scroll features. We've seen a real push on the software front in recent months from Samsung, highlighted by launching the Galaxy S4 on Android 4.2.2  -- the latest and greatest. 

It's by no means a concrete confirmation, nor do we have any idea when such updates may appear. But, the Galaxy S3 was a worldwide smash for Samsung, it's not unreasonable to think they'll support it as long as they can. 

Source: PC Mag

Back
Top Bottom