Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The hell do you do...or download? :lol:
LG is trash. The last major buzz they got was for the x2 or 2x. And that phone was filled with bugs
Mostly just web browsing, Google play music, Spotify, and Google+. I also download my ROMs on occasion. That may be it. They are like 159 MB each.

Well i got in my S3 friday... drove home during my lunch time to pick it up from the house. Now that i am finally able to put it down (which i wanna pick it right back up again) i thought id jump on and ask a few newb questions (never had android, former iphone user). On the apps, i see a lot asking for different "permissions" that can allow malicious content to be installed and/or mailed to my contacts... do all of them say this? For instance, Instagram, i was gonna download it but noticed these warnings. Is there certain apps or widgets you should/shouldnt get? Also is there a way to make custom ringers and tones from songs? And can anyone help a man out on where to look for a better weather/time widget? Any help would be much appreciated fam.

Oh, and one more... do any of you have your card info in the app account? I wanna put it in just cuz im frequently buying apps or music with iphone, but wanna do the same on my S3... any advice on that?

Nevermind, I figured it out.
What case did you get for it? I bought a Sup case from Amazon for $20. It's not bad except for the fact that when I stand it up and press the screen it'll fall over :smh:. The base isn't sturdy at all.

Well i got in my S3 friday... drove home during my lunch time to pick it up from the house. Now that i am finally able to put it down (which i wanna pick it right back up again) i thought id jump on and ask a few newb questions (never had android, former iphone user). On the apps, i see a lot asking for different "permissions" that can allow malicious content to be installed and/or mailed to my contacts... do all of them say this? For instance, Instagram, i was gonna download it but noticed these warnings. Is there certain apps or widgets you should/shouldnt get? Also is there a way to make custom ringers and tones from songs? And can anyone help a man out on where to look for a better weather/time widget? Any help would be much appreciated fam.

It should be fine to allow those apps permission. You have to when you DL them at least. And yes, is i'm not mistaken, all of them say that.

For custom ringers, I usually use the Ringdroid app. You can also look at Zedge app for ringers people already made, so all you have to do is download.

Lastly, I would suggest to download HD Widgets. It's great for Weather, toggles, time, etc. It's worth it, dude.

-Drew

Last edited:
Anyone have any good tones for texts? Something good, but only around a second long.
From zedge i got three favorites. The old spice whistle, lex luger sound and rick ross ugh. search those.
I mainly use Ross ugh and now i'm so used to taking my phone out of my pocket when i hear ugh and well if i'm listening to his songs on my ipod and he says ugh i automatically take my phone out of my pocket.

Last edited:
Gnex doesn't buffer videos sometimes so I have to reset the whole phone plus tells me that the SMS is too big or something sometimes really annoying. Any one knows the solution?

I'm sick of Gingerbread .......

what phone you got?

and dis is why i roll with nexus devices only but thats a different story :lol:

Thunderbolt. :smh: . Verizon's "flagship" phone my ***.

I'm sick of Gingerbread .......

learn how to flash custom roms. t-mo/samsung ditched my phone after froyo. been able to run gb, ics and jb because of xda.

We just got the ICS leak a month ago. :lol:

Last edited:
umm hello everyone,

i am a brand new Android user! I bought the One-x yesterday and love it but there is one thing that drives me crazy. Whenever someone inserts a smiley face ":smile:", it shows up with a poorly designed cartoon face to represent it. Has anyone else dealt with this and do we know how to disable it?!
Thanks fam.

umm hello everyone,

i am a brand new Android user! I bought the One-x yesterday and love it but there is one thing that drives me crazy. Whenever someone inserts a smiley face ":smile:", it shows up with a poorly designed cartoon face to represent it. Has anyone else dealt with this and do we know how to disable it?!
Thanks fam.

there's probably a way of disabling it, but i recommend you use a third-party sms app anyway. check out gosms. if you're a former iphone-user, get the iphone theme and emoji add-on. play around with the settings so that you can get the notifications you want (e.g. pop-up screen when you get a new text).

Last edited:
Another dope app I just came across. :nthat:

Anyone use Chrome to Phone?

It just works. :smokin

-Drew

just flashed paranoid android but it deleted everything including my messages :smh:

son. always make a nandroid backup. and use sms backup & restore + titanium backup to transfer old data onto your new rom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom