Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Only reason i HATE the nexus device is because it doesnt come with removable storage........which i still dont understand why that isnt a feature on what is SUPPOSED to be the best phone.

Hell, the camera is only 5MP............its mind boggling that the features of that phone and not as good as the GSII line, very very odd i must say

I've rocked the Nexus S and now rocking with the Galaxy Nexus. The SD option is nice but i really don't care for swapping/upgrading my the SD even when i had a EVO 4G, i stuck with the 8GB it came with. The reason why Google decided to not add the feature of removable storage was because of speed. Internal memory is much faster than external memory (its some complicated algorithm article why google made this decision) some people want that removable storage but look at the iPhone users they aint complaining and the iPhone never had removable storage.

Lets be real the MP don't mean crap, yea its 5 but speed of the camera is
eek.gif
the shots come out very well if you tap & focus other than that I'm fine with the pictures it can shot. These are Google designs and decisions on what and what should go into a nexus device down to the curved glass.

But lets be honest here.........How much more money would it cost them to AT LEAST put 32gb of space in the phone instead of only 16? If they can make a 16gb memory card and a 32gb memory card the same size, why the hell are they BS`ing and only putting 16 in it?

If it was 32, it wouldnt bother me at all........thants PLENTY room. But i have about 18gb of music ALONE

I currently have a 32GB micro sd in addition to the 16bg thats already included with the phone.............and im using the new ICS rom from xda.............i dont notice any lag in anything i try to do on the phone concerning the SD card.

Whatevers clever..........but if they arent gonna include removable storage, at least give a 16gb or 32 gb option on the memory.

-----------
Any my wife has the Nexus S 4G and the pictures from my phone are noticably better.........

But lets be honest here.........How much more money would it cost them to AT LEAST put 32gb of space in the phone instead of only 16? If they can make a 16gb memory card and a 32gb memory card the same size, why the hell are they BS`ing and only putting 16 in it?

If it was 32, it wouldnt bother me at all........thants PLENTY room. But i have about 18gb of music ALONE

I currently have a 32GB micro sd in addition to the 16bg thats already included with the phone.............and im using the new ICS rom from xda.............i dont notice any lag in anything i try to do on the phone concerning the SD card.

Whatevers clever..........but if they arent gonna include removable storage, at least give a 16gb or 32 gb option on the memory.

-----------
Any my wife has the Nexus S 4G and the pictures from my phone are noticably better.........

-----------

Cost. Simple as that. Its overall cost they take to manufacture the phone and other things as well. The GSM Galaxy Nexus has 16gb, if anymore the overall retail cost will be significantly higher however they should give an option to have a 16gb model and 32gb model.

The lag you don't notice has is not part of the SD card. However the I/O algorithm goes into affect when booting up the phone and "SYSTEM TASK" not "USER TASK" thats where Google is trying to iron out and other things. Its complicated, but if i can find the article so you can get a better explanation on why no sd card ill post it up.

-----------

Cost. Simple as that. Its overall cost they take to manufacture the phone and other things as well. The GSM Galaxy Nexus has 16gb, if anymore the overall retail cost will be significantly higher however they should give an option to have a 16gb model and 32gb model.

The lag you don't notice has is not part of the SD card. However the I/O algorithm goes into affect when booting up the phone and "SYSTEM TASK" not "USER TASK" thats where Google is trying to iron out and other things. Its complicated, but if i can find the article so you can get a better explanation on why no sd card ill post it up.

List of HTC Android phones that will be getting ICS:
  • DROID Incredible 2 by HTC
  • HTC Amaze 4G
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Sensation 4G
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Raider
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Rhyme
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • HTC Vivid

• HTC Amaze 4G
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Sensation 4G
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Raider
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Rhyme
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • HTC Vivid

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

• HTC Amaze 4G
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Sensation 4G
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Raider
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Rhyme
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • HTC Vivid

but when?

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

• HTC Amaze 4G
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Sensation 4G
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Raider
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Rhyme
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • HTC Vivid

but when?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

grin.gif
i was da first cat in this thread with a highpowered android phone WAY back in 2010...

anyways, im leary of anything to which samsung galaxy series that isn't nexus...they make their phones and promptly abandoned em from updates...

T-mobile doesn't have the Galaxy Nexus but the international version works on HSPA+. Just drop the cash on it if YOU MUST have a Nexus device.
thats exactly what imma do, i just wanted to make sure there wasn't any other beasts..remember i did this 2 years ago with da nexus one..paid straight outta pocket since

t-mobile never offered da original nexus one...best phone i ever had at da time.
the age old android question/dilemma...........
upgrade to best phone right now or wait until the next big thing drops? ugghhh

i'm there right now with att and have been there for a few months.  unlocked galaxy nexus now vs wait for gs3

to complicate things more... throw in the $50 gift card from best buy for an upgrade this calendar year.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

grin.gif
i was da first cat in this thread with a highpowered android phone WAY back in 2010...

anyways, im leary of anything to which samsung galaxy series that isn't nexus...they make their phones and promptly abandoned em from updates...

T-mobile doesn't have the Galaxy Nexus but the international version works on HSPA+. Just drop the cash on it if YOU MUST have a Nexus device.
thats exactly what imma do, i just wanted to make sure there wasn't any other beasts..remember i did this 2 years ago with da nexus one..paid straight outta pocket since

t-mobile never offered da original nexus one...best phone i ever had at da time.
the age old android question/dilemma...........
upgrade to best phone right now or wait until the next big thing drops? ugghhh

i'm there right now with att and have been there for a few months.  unlocked galaxy nexus now vs wait for gs3

to complicate things more... throw in the $50 gift card from best buy for an upgrade this calendar year.

LOL!!! This worker at BestBuy was bagging on my Galaxy Note saying " It's too big and how does that fit in your pocket?" So I promptly slid it right into her pocket and said "just like that". Couldn't even tell it was in there and she had on some rather snug Khakis. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Face it people the phablet is great, and it's the perfect size. Only reason why people feel threatened is because it's bigger and has a much better screen than their favorite phones, so they look to nitpick it, when in all reality they are fascinated by it. I get stopped and asked about it so much that I had to get used to it. And I have flown three times since having it and it's a huge hit on the airplane. People either gawk at it when I'm watching movies on HD, or they start asking questions...then it is usually followed by " I gotta get em one of 'dese".

BTW...The desktop version of youtube...not the app, the same one you use on your computer is AMAZING on this device especially in Landscape. I watched All of the Lights video on it and the colors and effects was popping out so bright on it, and the black background was so deep black that I almost got a headache from watching it. BTW LTE is blazing. Fastest I got was 43Mbps download and 13Mbps upload. On the non-LTE 4G (HSPA+) it gets 5Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.

The Stylus is very handy to notate screenshots that you can grab...like circling and annotating a location on a googlemap screenshot, or highlighting a specific section of text. You absolutely don't need it for the phone to be functional, but it's good to have for those few times you can use it. Also it only takes 23 seconds to start-up from being completely off.

1080p video recording is awesome especially on that beautiful HD screen. The 8MP cam is great, the 2MP front cam is great as well. It has the dual Core 1.5Ghz Snapdragon 2 processor that is very snappy, and the 3d graphics look great as well.

Pretty much an awesome, and large phone.

LOL!!! This worker at BestBuy was bagging on my Galaxy Note saying " It's too big and how does that fit in your pocket?" So I promptly slid it right into her pocket and said "just like that". Couldn't even tell it was in there and she had on some rather snug Khakis. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Face it people the phablet is great, and it's the perfect size. Only reason why people feel threatened is because it's bigger and has a much better screen than their favorite phones, so they look to nitpick it, when in all reality they are fascinated by it. I get stopped and asked about it so much that I had to get used to it. And I have flown three times since having it and it's a huge hit on the airplane. People either gawk at it when I'm watching movies on HD, or they start asking questions...then it is usually followed by " I gotta get em one of 'dese".

BTW...The desktop version of youtube...not the app, the same one you use on your computer is AMAZING on this device especially in Landscape. I watched All of the Lights video on it and the colors and effects was popping out so bright on it, and the black background was so deep black that I almost got a headache from watching it. BTW LTE is blazing. Fastest I got was 43Mbps download and 13Mbps upload. On the non-LTE 4G (HSPA+) it gets 5Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.

The Stylus is very handy to notate screenshots that you can grab...like circling and annotating a location on a googlemap screenshot, or highlighting a specific section of text. You absolutely don't need it for the phone to be functional, but it's good to have for those few times you can use it. Also it only takes 23 seconds to start-up from being completely off.

1080p video recording is awesome especially on that beautiful HD screen. The 8MP cam is great, the 2MP front cam is great as well. It has the dual Core 1.5Ghz Snapdragon 2 processor that is very snappy, and the 3d graphics look great as well.

Pretty much an awesome, and large phone.

Study: most users want 4 to 4.5-inch smartphone screens

Strategy Analytics sees Apple out of sweet spot

The ideal smartphone's screen size for most prospective buyers is on the large side, Strategy Analytics determined from a study. Researchers talking to existing American and British owners found that the "sweet spot" for a phone was between four and 4.5 inches, as long as the phone was reasonably thin. About 90 percent of those asked chose a device larger than what they have, although the study didn't gauge how many would buy a larger phone if pressed.

Certain truisms about smartphone habits appeared to hold under scrutiny. Women were more likely to consider a slightly smaller device than a man. Likewise, current Android phone owners were more likely to want a larger device than iPhone owners.

The desire for bigger screens was pinned on a shift towards the mobile web as well as gaming and video, all of which tend to benefit from bigger screens. Phone calls and traditional text messaging have been on the decline among smartphone owners.

Although not a definitive examination, it suggests that Apple may be losing an opportunity to get more users through its current 3.5-inch display. Apple has had no problems becoming the top smartphone maker through its current design. Collectively, however, Android is currently more popular among smartphones, possibly helped by both larger screens overall and a wider range of options.

The range could spark a possible backlash to the latest crop of Android devices from hardware makers insistent that larger screens are always better. The 4.7-inch HTC One X, five-inch LG Optimus Vu, and 5.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note all fall clearly outside of the size class. Such sizes are known to create genuine usability problems, such as being unable to reach parts of the screen without shifting position, discomfort during voice calls, and trouble fitting into smaller pockets.

Read more: http://www.electronista.c...weet.spot/#ixzz1p9lwHBfb

The study shows we want large screen phones with slim designs, Samsung delivers that and does it well.
Rocking that GNEX 4.65 just feels right, the note is great the display is just insane.
SAMSUNG AMOLED> EVERYTHING

The ideal smartphone's screen size for most prospective buyers is on the large side, Strategy Analytics determined from a study. Researchers talking to existing American and British owners found that the "sweet spot" for a phone was between four and 4.5 inches, as long as the phone was reasonably thin. About 90 percent of those asked chose a device larger than what they have, although the study didn't gauge how many would buy a larger phone if pressed.

Certain truisms about smartphone habits appeared to hold under scrutiny. Women were more likely to consider a slightly smaller device than a man. Likewise, current Android phone owners were more likely to want a larger device than iPhone owners.

The desire for bigger screens was pinned on a shift towards the mobile web as well as gaming and video, all of which tend to benefit from bigger screens. Phone calls and traditional text messaging have been on the decline among smartphone owners.

Although not a definitive examination, it suggests that Apple may be losing an opportunity to get more users through its current 3.5-inch display. Apple has had no problems becoming the top smartphone maker through its current design. Collectively, however, Android is currently more popular among smartphones, possibly helped by both larger screens overall and a wider range of options.

The range could spark a possible backlash to the latest crop of Android devices from hardware makers insistent that larger screens are always better. The 4.7-inch HTC One X, five-inch LG Optimus Vu, and 5.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note all fall clearly outside of the size class. Such sizes are known to create genuine usability problems, such as being unable to reach parts of the screen without shifting position, discomfort during voice calls, and trouble fitting into smaller pockets.

The study shows we want large screen phones with slim designs, Samsung delivers that and does it well.
Rocking that GNEX 4.65 just feels right, the note is great the display is just insane.

Stop it. I just don't like the size of the phone and I am definitely not threatened
laugh.gif

Its a cool looking phone, but acting like everyone else is threatened and feeling its inferior is nonsense.

Stop it. I just don't like the size of the phone and I am definitely not threatened
laugh.gif

Its a cool looking phone, but acting like everyone else is threatened and feeling its inferior is nonsense.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

4.3 = perfect.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

4.3 = perfect.

I thought the 4.5'' screen on the T-Mo GS2 would be too big, but I got used to it and it feels weird handling a smaller phone.
It's all a matter of spending time with it. I'm sure if I had a GNEX I'd get used to the 4.65''.

I thought the 4.5'' screen on the T-Mo GS2 would be too big, but I got used to it and it feels weird handling a smaller phone.
It's all a matter of spending time with it. I'm sure if I had a GNEX I'd get used to the 4.65''.

Back
Top Bottom