Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by illmatic34

When ICS comes out for the GSII, does that mean the GSII variants (Skyrocket, Captivate Glide) will get it the same day too?

Nope. The first version to get it will be the international version, then it will trickle down the other versions after the carriers approve it. There's also the issue of some of the variants having different SOC's, so it might take a while for those to get ICS.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

When ICS comes out for the GSII, does that mean the GSII variants (Skyrocket, Captivate Glide) will get it the same day too?

Nope. The first version to get it will be the international version, then it will trickle down the other versions after the carriers approve it. There's also the issue of some of the variants having different SOC's, so it might take a while for those to get ICS.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

The note looks good but seriously, unless I have cargo pockets that open on the side instead of the top like regular pockets I cant see me being able to fit it in my pockets. Also if I'm walking around looking for directions on my phone I will be a prime target for a robbery. :ohwell:

It will fit. I got some skinny jeans where i thought it wouldnt, but it did.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

The note looks good but seriously, unless I have cargo pockets that open on the side instead of the top like regular pockets I cant see me being able to fit it in my pockets. Also if I'm walking around looking for directions on my phone I will be a prime target for a robbery. :ohwell:

It will fit. I got some skinny jeans where i thought it wouldnt, but it did.

Any news when the Samsung galaxy S3 coming out? Was thinking about the Galaxy Note, but ya ...its to big for my liking to carry everywhere in my pocket.
embarassed.gif

Any news when the Samsung galaxy S3 coming out? Was thinking about the Galaxy Note, but ya ...its to big for my liking to carry everywhere in my pocket.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

embarassed.gif
I've had no problems at all. I wear jeans, sweats, khakis, bball shorts, you name it and have absolutely no problems at all. 
The whole "its huge" argument is stupid imo. It's perfect. Unless you wear strictly skinny jeans. 
eyes.gif

The way I see it now is every other phone is too damn small. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

embarassed.gif
I've had no problems at all. I wear jeans, sweats, khakis, bball shorts, you name it and have absolutely no problems at all. 
The whole "its huge" argument is stupid imo. It's perfect. Unless you wear strictly skinny jeans. 
eyes.gif

The way I see it now is every other phone is too damn small. 
tongue.gif

How do I get notifications to pop up on my lock screen. I have the motorola photon and have tried magic locker and Golocker and its not working out well so far. 

How do I get notifications to pop up on my lock screen. I have the motorola photon and have tried magic locker and Golocker and its not working out well so far. 

i have the SGSI and THAT feels like the perfect size (4" screen). if i'm using the phone with one hand, i don't have to move or adjust my hand at all to reach any one side of the screen.

ib4 "you have small hands"

still going to pick up the SGSIII regardless of size
pimp.gif

i have the SGSI and THAT feels like the perfect size (4" screen). if i'm using the phone with one hand, i don't have to move or adjust my hand at all to reach any one side of the screen.

ib4 "you have small hands"

still going to pick up the SGSIII regardless of size
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Target.com also has the Galaxy Nexus for $99.99
pimp.gif

thats what up, you don't have to worry about what i said if you were to cancel. When you get it from retail stores the subsidy price is just like buying it from a Verizon store.

I was using the EVO 4G and EVO 3D which both phones have 4.3 inch screens, once your a custom to that size you'll will never want go smaller. i had gotten a Nexus S 4G which is fine phone in its self but i going smaller was a litter cumbersome when typing and overall viewing. (AMOLED really did compensate for the experience, cause LCD sucks which the EVO had) now I'm using the Galaxy Nexus the screen quality is so damm good. People say why do i need a 720p display at the size of 4.6 inches is that even necessary? Its necessary if you truly value a high quality picture and this phone delivers that by miles. I've played with the Galaxy Note and the phone is great, would i get? Yes. Do i need it? No. The galaxy Note is truly a niche device but niche device for the masses. People have these small phones but have terrible vision. How can you expect to see well with phone with small text and a terrible display? The bigger the display the more you can see, the higher the pixel density you have on a display the easier it will become to read. If you have a certain type of threshold on what size phone you want you can pick, Samsung do sell phones from 3' to 7.7'(galaxy tab euro edition) the choice is given, Pick one out and enjoy it.

ANTIDOPE
To get notifications, you must have sync turned on all the time, and the apps that push notifications must be on too. However i don't know how moto treat notifications, but it is android is hold be showing in the notification bar at all times. Its not like a iPhone where it pops up at you.

pimp.gif

thats what up, you don't have to worry about what i said if you were to cancel. When you get it from retail stores the subsidy price is just like buying it from a Verizon store.

I was using the EVO 4G and EVO 3D which both phones have 4.3 inch screens, once your a custom to that size you'll will never want go smaller. i had gotten a Nexus S 4G which is fine phone in its self but i going smaller was a litter cumbersome when typing and overall viewing. (AMOLED really did compensate for the experience, cause LCD sucks which the EVO had) now I'm using the Galaxy Nexus the screen quality is so damm good. People say why do i need a 720p display at the size of 4.6 inches is that even necessary? Its necessary if you truly value a high quality picture and this phone delivers that by miles. I've played with the Galaxy Note and the phone is great, would i get? Yes. Do i need it? No. The galaxy Note is truly a niche device but niche device for the masses. People have these small phones but have terrible vision. How can you expect to see well with phone with small text and a terrible display? The bigger the display the more you can see, the higher the pixel density you have on a display the easier it will become to read. If you have a certain type of threshold on what size phone you want you can pick, Samsung do sell phones from 3' to 7.7'(galaxy tab euro edition) the choice is given, Pick one out and enjoy it.

ANTIDOPE
To get notifications, you must have sync turned on all the time, and the apps that push notifications must be on too. However i don't know how moto treat notifications, but it is android is hold be showing in the notification bar at all times. Its not like a iPhone where it pops up at you.

Thanks I didn't even notice that lol. What about a pull down from the lock screen like ICS has?

Thanks I didn't even notice that lol. What about a pull down from the lock screen like ICS has?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

pimp.gif

We went through the same lineup of phones and I agree 100% anything under 4.3 is too small. Also once you have owned a Super Amoled phone it's impossible to go back to LCD ips or not. A few of my friends have iphone 4's and when I had my Evo 3D I thought the retina display was amazing but after owning the NS4G for a few months the iphones display now looks a little washed out to me with it's dark grey "blacks" don't get me wrong the iphone's retina display is amazing but it doesn't pop or have the true black levels that Super Amoled has. I've never seen the Galaxy Nexus in person but I can imagine how great Super Amoled looks in HD and in 4.65 inches. A couple of months ago I would have never considered a switch to Verizon but after getting some info from Sprint about how much data I use the most I have used in a month was like 800 MBs because im connected to a wifi network 85% of the time. Also I rarely talk on the phone at all and if I do it's always after 9 so me paying like $110 a month on Sprint for it's unlimited data service is kind of an oxymoron considering my part of NYC Sprint's "4G" has topped out at about 5 mbps and the move to Verizon would be cheaper for me. 450 anytime minutes and 4GB of data should be way more than enough fespecially since im always connected to wifi but the first thing im doing when i get my Nexus is setting the data usage feature to completely shut down after 3.5 gigs because im gonna be streaming alot of video on that LTE network for a couple weeks on my way to work and school
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

pimp.gif

We went through the same lineup of phones and I agree 100% anything under 4.3 is too small. Also once you have owned a Super Amoled phone it's impossible to go back to LCD ips or not. A few of my friends have iphone 4's and when I had my Evo 3D I thought the retina display was amazing but after owning the NS4G for a few months the iphones display now looks a little washed out to me with it's dark grey "blacks" don't get me wrong the iphone's retina display is amazing but it doesn't pop or have the true black levels that Super Amoled has. I've never seen the Galaxy Nexus in person but I can imagine how great Super Amoled looks in HD and in 4.65 inches. A couple of months ago I would have never considered a switch to Verizon but after getting some info from Sprint about how much data I use the most I have used in a month was like 800 MBs because im connected to a wifi network 85% of the time. Also I rarely talk on the phone at all and if I do it's always after 9 so me paying like $110 a month on Sprint for it's unlimited data service is kind of an oxymoron considering my part of NYC Sprint's "4G" has topped out at about 5 mbps and the move to Verizon would be cheaper for me. 450 anytime minutes and 4GB of data should be way more than enough fespecially since im always connected to wifi but the first thing im doing when i get my Nexus is setting the data usage feature to completely shut down after 3.5 gigs because im gonna be streaming alot of video on that LTE network for a couple weeks on my way to work and school
pimp.gif

i need help guys, I'm new to this rooting thing I have a mytouch 4g , I'm trying to get it rooted using this , the link download "bootloader" but the link for it is through megaupload which is down. how else can i get to download "bootloader"

i need help guys, I'm new to this rooting thing I have a mytouch 4g , I'm trying to get it rooted using this , the link download "bootloader" but the link for it is through megaupload which is down. how else can i get to download "bootloader"

Back
Top Bottom