Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by illmatic34

I'm new to Android (I plan to buy the Infuse when my contract ends in a month) and I had a question: when a new Android comes out, you can root it and customize right it away (with stuff like CM7 and MetaMorph) right? Or is it like an individual release for every phone? 

individual release........You`ll have to wait and see what devs will take on the challenge of making a rom for that phone.

I'm new to Android (I plan to buy the Infuse when my contract ends in a month) and I had a question: when a new Android comes out, you can root it and customize right it away (with stuff like CM7 and MetaMorph) right? Or is it like an individual release for every phone? 

individual release........You`ll have to wait and see what devs will take on the challenge of making a rom for that phone.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by Gordonson

I still have a MT3G too. I actually find it to be tolerable on 2.3.4 though.
pimp.gif
What kernel you rocking with... Cause im using gingeryoshi 2.3.4 and its still kind of slow/laggy
I was messing with that too, but that #%^@ kept lagging, my lock screen would randomly lose all touch sensitivity (locking me out of my phone indefinitely) and I couldn't restart my phone without having to completely re-flash the ROM.
I then learned a magnificent secret, MT3Gs can use G1 ROMS.
pimp.gif
eek.gif
I'm using ezGingerbread 2.3.4 with that "2.6.36.4-s1-ezgb-v1 ezterry@zack #1" kernel (Got it from the same thread as the ROM on XDA I think).

It runs smooth as hell given how old and underpowered this phone is by today's standards.

pimp.gif
What kernel you rocking with... Cause im using gingeryoshi 2.3.4 and its still kind of slow/laggy
I was messing with that too, but that #%^@ kept lagging, my lock screen would randomly lose all touch sensitivity (locking me out of my phone indefinitely) and I couldn't restart my phone without having to completely re-flash the ROM.
pimp.gif
eek.gif
I'm using ezGingerbread 2.3.4 with that "2.6.36.4-s1-ezgb-v1 ezterry@zack #1" kernel (Got it from the same thread as the ROM on XDA I think).

It runs smooth as hell given how old and underpowered this phone is by today's standards.

Are savaged zens roms good? He got rid of his evo and got a mt4g and everyone is geeked now on xda.

Cm7 runs good but I'm getting bored of it. I might give miui another try but idk if I wanna really learn it.

Are savaged zens roms good? He got rid of his evo and got a mt4g and everyone is geeked now on xda.

Cm7 runs good but I'm getting bored of it. I might give miui another try but idk if I wanna really learn it.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Damn. Guess I'll have to go with the Atrix.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Damn. Guess I'll have to go with the Atrix.

You can root the Atrix, but the bootloader is signed so there's no way for developers to make REAL custom roms yet. You can pretty much get rid of MotoBLUR and get a pseudo-rom that looks like stock Android if you want to though.

I want the Atrix too, but I'm not touching that thing until it's at least confirmed that it'll get the Gingerbread MotoBLUR that's on the Droid X2.

You can root the Atrix, but the bootloader is signed so there's no way for developers to make REAL custom roms yet. You can pretty much get rid of MotoBLUR and get a pseudo-rom that looks like stock Android if you want to though.

I want the Atrix too, but I'm not touching that thing until it's at least confirmed that it'll get the Gingerbread MotoBLUR that's on the Droid X2.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Was this the thread?
http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=882356

This the rom?
Gingerbread-ds-alpha-20110509-z.zip
This the kernel?

2.6.36.4-s1-ezgb-v1 

If so, do a backup, superwipe, flash rom, then flash kernel, then reboot? Or is there specific steps?
http://sandbox.devnull.name/android/gingerbread/GINGERBREAD-DS-Alpha-20110509-1.zip

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Was this the thread?
http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=882356

This the rom?
Gingerbread-ds-alpha-20110509-z.zip
This the kernel?

2.6.36.4-s1-ezgb-v1 

If so, do a backup, superwipe, flash rom, then flash kernel, then reboot? Or is there specific steps?
http://sandbox.devnull.name/android/gingerbread/GINGERBREAD-DS-Alpha-20110509-1.zip

Nope, that's literally all.

You won't regret it.

EDIT: The one I'm running is older than that though, so feel free to double check to see if that's the most up to date kernel. And you want to flash the appropriate GAPPS too.

Nope, that's literally all.

You won't regret it.

EDIT: The one I'm running is older than that though, so feel free to double check to see if that's the most up to date kernel. And you want to flash the appropriate GAPPS too.

It says the newest kernel comes in the rom, then just got to flash the newest gapps... Ill end up doing it tomorrow

It says the newest kernel comes in the rom, then just got to flash the newest gapps... Ill end up doing it tomorrow

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Leaked email on Phonearena.com says HTC Evo 3d launch date is June 4th

Was a 'rough' launch date, but I heavily doubt that now. 

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Leaked email on Phonearena.com says HTC Evo 3d launch date is June 4th

Was a 'rough' launch date, but I heavily doubt that now. 

Back
Top Bottom