• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BTW, frost 4.0 is sense based, but has a aosp feel to it. Loving it so far go cop that...

Got it from xda BTW pg.3 in the ev0 development thread

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Xoom > Evo view 4G

I like the honeycomb over the HTC Sense on the tablet.

BTW.....Xoom blows the ipad2 out of the water. I got a chance to mess with both of them over a friends house. His wife had the ipad and he has the xoom. She was talking about selling the ipad and getting the xoom soon.

Motorola has set the bar as far as Android tablets go..........That thing is ridiculously nice.
if i were to buy a tablet it would probably be android based.  the xoom looks awesome.  too bad some people aren't open minded.  it seems that a majority of consumers and reviewers still would choose an ipad regardless of what other options are out there.
has honeycomb been pushed out to phones yet?  i want to see how it is.  the most annoying thing about android is that they don't put out all the updates at once.  they take long enough for the update, they should have it ready for all the phones on the same day.  
mad.gif

Xoom > Evo view 4G

I like the honeycomb over the HTC Sense on the tablet.

BTW.....Xoom blows the ipad2 out of the water. I got a chance to mess with both of them over a friends house. His wife had the ipad and he has the xoom. She was talking about selling the ipad and getting the xoom soon.

Motorola has set the bar as far as Android tablets go..........That thing is ridiculously nice.
if i were to buy a tablet it would probably be android based.  the xoom looks awesome.  too bad some people aren't open minded.  it seems that a majority of consumers and reviewers still would choose an ipad regardless of what other options are out there.
has honeycomb been pushed out to phones yet?  i want to see how it is.  the most annoying thing about android is that they don't put out all the updates at once.  they take long enough for the update, they should have it ready for all the phones on the same day.  
mad.gif

I for one am an Android user, Evo, but I would personally choose the iPad2 over the XOOM.  I just don't see Motorola keeping up with system updates on it and the rumors that production has stopped also adds to it.  I was actually using my mom's iPad OG this morning and I like it.  Feel free to educate me on why you'd choose the XOOM over the iPad2, I am ignorant about what pluses the XOOM has.

I for one am an Android user, Evo, but I would personally choose the iPad2 over the XOOM.  I just don't see Motorola keeping up with system updates on it and the rumors that production has stopped also adds to it.  I was actually using my mom's iPad OG this morning and I like it.  Feel free to educate me on why you'd choose the XOOM over the iPad2, I am ignorant about what pluses the XOOM has.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

BTW, frost 4.0 is sense based, but has a aosp feel to it. Loving it so far go cop that...

Well maybe he does, lol.  I swear he said he wasnt gonna post it on xda anymore, ah well.

Well maybe he does, lol.  I swear he said he wasnt gonna post it on xda anymore, ah well.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

i was watching a review of the xoom and really liked the user interface and how you can customize it.  honeycomb looks great.  i'm in no rush to buy any tablet so i'll wait a few years and see what crazy stuff companies put out.  the ipad has itunes which is a big plus for me.  the stock android music app needs a lot of work.  the ipad also has way more apps available and it takes a while for some to get on android.  you also have to look at the price comparison.  it's hard to make a definite decision until you check both of them out at stores.  i was actually thinking about buying my dad an ipad.  the layout is pretty simple and he learn how to use it pretty quick.

i was watching a review of the xoom and really liked the user interface and how you can customize it.  honeycomb looks great.  i'm in no rush to buy any tablet so i'll wait a few years and see what crazy stuff companies put out.  the ipad has itunes which is a big plus for me.  the stock android music app needs a lot of work.  the ipad also has way more apps available and it takes a while for some to get on android.  you also have to look at the price comparison.  it's hard to make a definite decision until you check both of them out at stores.  i was actually thinking about buying my dad an ipad.  the layout is pretty simple and he learn how to use it pretty quick.

^ had to bring it up
laugh.gif
i guess this will be his last post?
nerd.gif

I dont know.....It was the dude barnacles.  They mentioned that he wasnt developing on xda, only on his website.  I think this was before 4.0 came out and he started again.  Im not sure anymore, i stopped keeping up with it when i saw he wasnt dev`ing anymore.......so i switched ROMS.   I probably used frost most of last year.

^ had to bring it up
laugh.gif
i guess this will be his last post?
nerd.gif

I dont know.....It was the dude barnacles.  They mentioned that he wasnt developing on xda, only on his website.  I think this was before 4.0 came out and he started again.  Im not sure anymore, i stopped keeping up with it when i saw he wasnt dev`ing anymore.......so i switched ROMS.   I probably used frost most of last year.

Its all preference bro.  Like the reviews say....Apple products are easier for people to learn and get used to using....While android takes some time to get used to but is a better experience when you do. 
Apples products are pretty straight forward.....but its simplicity keeps it from its full potential.  

I dont know exactly, but i would think the Android OS was preferred by the tech-heads and people who learn more complex things easier than most.  Apple products for people who just want everything cut and dry and explained with little to no instructions.

Its all preference bro.  Like the reviews say....Apple products are easier for people to learn and get used to using....While android takes some time to get used to but is a better experience when you do. 
Apples products are pretty straight forward.....but its simplicity keeps it from its full potential.  

I dont know exactly, but i would think the Android OS was preferred by the tech-heads and people who learn more complex things easier than most.  Apple products for people who just want everything cut and dry and explained with little to no instructions.

hey was having trouble tryna flash my mt4g everytime i flash the clockworkmod and reboot into recovery i always get a red triangle and not the usual menu can anyone help?

hey was having trouble tryna flash my mt4g everytime i flash the clockworkmod and reboot into recovery i always get a red triangle and not the usual menu can anyone help?

I see where you're coming from on that, as I do enjoy the techie part of owning an Android, i.e. flashing new roms, rooting other androids, etc, but I'll have to see the Xoom in person.  Being able to watch Veetle on the iPad is sort of the deal maker, not to mention that Comcast can be watched on Demand.  I know SlingBox is available, but that's another $230 or so and the apps are free from Apple. 

I see where you're coming from on that, as I do enjoy the techie part of owning an Android, i.e. flashing new roms, rooting other androids, etc, but I'll have to see the Xoom in person.  Being able to watch Veetle on the iPad is sort of the deal maker, not to mention that Comcast can be watched on Demand.  I know SlingBox is available, but that's another $230 or so and the apps are free from Apple. 

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

Do it manually,  Take the battery out and hold the power button and volume down on reboot.  Look to make sure S-Off is showing.  If it is then just select recovery and flash from there.  The new Clockwork Mod hasn't been that cooperative some times and I've rooted 2 MT4G's

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

Do it manually,  Take the battery out and hold the power button and volume down on reboot.  Look to make sure S-Off is showing.  If it is then just select recovery and flash from there.  The new Clockwork Mod hasn't been that cooperative some times and I've rooted 2 MT4G's

Its not Motorola Handling the updates for the software, its Google. Since their is no Motorola bloatware, and the Android Software Development uses their own xooms as an Reference model, what ever stable enhancements they to do their own, you'll get the same stable software. Motorola just made the hardware. Also Honeycomb (imo) isn't full completed there are still certain features in the OS that haven been tapped to say "Its complete device"

I've used both the ipad and a xoom, I feel that when your using a ipad you must own a computer to sync it, even when you 1st open up from the box you must sync with itunes to use it. On the xoom(Honeycomb) it requires no computer, no syncing with a cable when you crack out the box, just sign in with your gmail account and you good to go, all you apps, all your info comes through am wireless internet connection . The Xoom tries to replace your laptop, and desktop in terms of mobility and ipad is almost the same thing, but its that same sense like owning a ipod you must sync you music to enjoy whats inside your ipod.

Its not Motorola Handling the updates for the software, its Google. Since their is no Motorola bloatware, and the Android Software Development uses their own xooms as an Reference model, what ever stable enhancements they to do their own, you'll get the same stable software. Motorola just made the hardware. Also Honeycomb (imo) isn't full completed there are still certain features in the OS that haven been tapped to say "Its complete device"

I've used both the ipad and a xoom, I feel that when your using a ipad you must own a computer to sync it, even when you 1st open up from the box you must sync with itunes to use it. On the xoom(Honeycomb) it requires no computer, no syncing with a cable when you crack out the box, just sign in with your gmail account and you good to go, all you apps, all your info comes through am wireless internet connection . The Xoom tries to replace your laptop, and desktop in terms of mobility and ipad is almost the same thing, but its that same sense like owning a ipod you must sync you music to enjoy whats inside your ipod.

Back
Top Bottom