• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I asked awhile back and i dont think i got a response.. i got a replacement evo from sprint and it says manufactured in october on 2.2. Can i simply root it without any problems?

I asked awhile back and i dont think i got a response.. i got a replacement evo from sprint and it says manufactured in october on 2.2. Can i simply root it without any problems?

icon4.gif
 (Fix) Downloads for Music apps and faster 3G

PLEASE READ L-E-T-T-E-R FOR L-E-T-T-E-R, W-O-R-D FOR W-O-R-D.

As we all know, HTC and Sprint borked downloads for apps like Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay. 

I recently ran across the subject and i found a fix. It is very simple.

1. Get your MSL, There are many ways, call Sprint, Download the app MSL Reader from the market, CDMA workshop
2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
3. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address
6. Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0 (zero)
7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0
8. Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

3G speeds fix for SENSE ROMS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked perfectly for me.  The phone might freeze the first time, but it will work after you pull the battery and restart.

icon4.gif
 (Fix) Downloads for Music apps and faster 3G

PLEASE READ L-E-T-T-E-R FOR L-E-T-T-E-R, W-O-R-D FOR W-O-R-D.

As we all know, HTC and Sprint borked downloads for apps like Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay. 

I recently ran across the subject and i found a fix. It is very simple.

1. Get your MSL, There are many ways, call Sprint, Download the app MSL Reader from the market, CDMA workshop
2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
3. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address
6. Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0 (zero)
7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0
8. Go enjoy Downloads and a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds!

3G speeds fix for SENSE ROMS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked perfectly for me.  The phone might freeze the first time, but it will work after you pull the battery and restart.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

If im not mistaken, UnrEVOked works on all evo`s now..........but double check on their website first.q

If im not mistaken, UnrEVOked works on all evo`s now..........but double check on their website first.q

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Aight will do thanks.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Aight will do thanks.

Why does my phone use a little data when its connected to wi-fi, i only have the 200mb plan and i want to be very greedy with when my data is used. Is there anyway to stop this?

Why does my phone use a little data when its connected to wi-fi, i only have the 200mb plan and i want to be very greedy with when my data is used. Is there anyway to stop this?

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Since it seems that the 3DEvo will come with Gingerbread... does that mean that the regular Evo4G that's out now will get it too once the 3DEvo comes out?

Yes most likely a couple months after. Sprint will keep gingerbread exclusive on the Evo 3D for a while to make impatient customers like myself upgrade early.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Since it seems that the 3DEvo will come with Gingerbread... does that mean that the regular Evo4G that's out now will get it too once the 3DEvo comes out?

Yes most likely a couple months after. Sprint will keep gingerbread exclusive on the Evo 3D for a while to make impatient customers like myself upgrade early.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Samsung Galaxy S II Mini leaks out for Three, plus Nokia X7, Flyer and PlayBook release dates[/h4]
By Sean Hollister posted Mar 20th 2011 4:04PM

Exclusive

No, not the Galaxy Mini, that low-end Android sprout -- this is Samsung's smaller answer to the upcoming Galaxy S II superphone. We just got handed UK carrier Three's entire spring-summer lineup, and the Android 2.3 handset certainly stands out, pretending to be miniature in spite of a 3.7-inch screen (think Droid), a 1.4GHz processor (think Pre 3) and 21Mbps HSPA+ connectivity. But that's the tip of the iceberg compared to what's in store for Three -- it looks like the Nokia X7 is alive, well, and tracking for a June release (not to mention the LG Optimus 3D), and tablets will drop too, with May bringing the HTC Flyer and the WiFi-only version of the BlackBerry PlayBook launching in June. See specs and slated release windows in our gallery below, and join us in hoping these documents portend well for stateside launches as well.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Samsung Galaxy S II Mini leaks out for Three, plus Nokia X7, Flyer and PlayBook release dates[/h4]
By Sean Hollister posted Mar 20th 2011 4:04PM

Exclusive

No, not the Galaxy Mini, that low-end Android sprout -- this is Samsung's smaller answer to the upcoming Galaxy S II superphone. We just got handed UK carrier Three's entire spring-summer lineup, and the Android 2.3 handset certainly stands out, pretending to be miniature in spite of a 3.7-inch screen (think Droid), a 1.4GHz processor (think Pre 3) and 21Mbps HSPA+ connectivity. But that's the tip of the iceberg compared to what's in store for Three -- it looks like the Nokia X7 is alive, well, and tracking for a June release (not to mention the LG Optimus 3D), and tablets will drop too, with May bringing the HTC Flyer and the WiFi-only version of the BlackBerry PlayBook launching in June. See specs and slated release windows in our gallery below, and join us in hoping these documents portend well for stateside launches as well.

Evo users what ROMs are yall rocking with? Getting kinda tired of Sense based roms and thinking of moving on to better pastures. I heard cyanogenmod has 4G capability now and that was really the only thing keeping me on the Sense roms. Any experiences with CM?

Back
Top Bottom