• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On Tap is dope, it will be replicated in the iPhone 7 as "Apple iQ" and be called revolutionary. :lol:

But it sucks I can't get Android M, I can imagine how large the file will be and I'm strugglin w/ storage (16gb Nexus 5) and can't afford a new phone right now. How it down for me until I upgrade fellas :smokin

When my Nexus phones get here you can have my Moto Nexus 6. I'll throw Marshmallow on it.

My man :pimp: Appreciate it but this something I gotta handle on my own, teachin me more discipline if you dig where I'm comin from. I could've been squandered money or looked for a bail out but want to discipline myself financially.

Alright, man. I respect that.

You know NTers are getting old when people are casually lobbing up $400 phones and they're declining the offer because they want to show fiscal responsibility :lol:

Wish I had a Nexus solely for Google Now on Tap. I got an international LG G4 and LG actually pushed the Lollipop update to the G3 last year not long after it was released. They beat Motorola so hopefully this is the case with the G4. Apparently they've skipped 5.1.1 to work on Marshmallow, which would make sense. And Marshmallow is already on LG's support page for the G4.

Last edited:
On Tap is dope, it will be replicated in the iPhone 7 as "Apple iQ" and be called revolutionary. :lol:

But it sucks I can't get Android M, I can imagine how large the file will be and I'm strugglin w/ storage (16gb Nexus 5) and can't afford a new phone right now. How it down for me until I upgrade fellas :smokin

When my Nexus phones get here you can have my Moto Nexus 6. I'll throw Marshmallow on it.

My man :pimp: Appreciate it but this something I gotta handle on my own, teachin me more discipline if you dig where I'm comin from. I could've been squandered money or looked for a bail out but want to discipline myself financially.

You know NTers are getting old when people are casually lobbing up $400 phones and they're declining the offer because they want to show fiscal responsibility :lol:

:lol: true, a couple years ago I would've been all over it.

But even now, I can't take a handout, how am I gon be able to look at my son knowing I let another man take care of me? That aint a boss move b. I might as well keep my head down and hold his pocket. :lol:

Wait we can't throw marshmallow on if we only have 16gb? [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Gonna flash 6.0 on N5 in a bit. Let's see if this really does improve battery life :nerd:

Last edited:
:tongue:

lmao take this rep

Last edited:

Well, since you won't be using it...that offer good for anyone else? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

has anyone upgraded to marshmallow on a nexus 6? I'm wondering if it is worth it to flash or just wait for the update.

Yep, flashed the stock system image using fastboot. Its worth the update. You can tell Google spent some time optimizing the software for the Shamu/Nexus 6. First boot was remarkably fast for a clean install, and everything about it is just about what you'd expect; refresh on app permissions and defaults, new but familiar app drawer, etc. It gives it that "finished" feel...idk if most people won't notice it but if you are a heavy user, set animations to .5x scale and you'll feel like you're flying.

You can flash Marshmallow on any newer Nexus device. As long as its from Q3 of 2013 or later you're probably good. Nexus 5, 6, and the newer 7 will all be getting over the air updates in the coming weeks.

Gonna flash 6.0 on N5 in a bit. Let's see if this really does improve battery life :nerd:

Remember: battery life is pretty much a moot point until the kernel settles.

Last edited:
Well, since you won't be using it...that offer good for anyone else? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Yep, flashed the stock system image using fastboot. Its worth the update. You can tell Google spent some time optimizing the software for the Shamu/Nexus 6. First boot was remarkably fast for a clean install, and everything about it is just about what you'd expect; refresh on app permissions and defaults, new but familiar app drawer, etc. It gives it that "finished" feel...idk if most people won't notice it but if you are a heavy user, set animations to .5x scale and you'll feel like you're flying.
No. You can flash Marshmallow on any newer Nexus device. As long as its from Q3 of 2013 or later you're probably good.
Remember: battery life is pretty much a moot point until the kernel settles.

Thanks! Its a N5 so I am assuming it should work.

Thanks! Its a N5 so I am assuming it should work.

Yep, though you might want to clear up some space in preparation for the over the air update, unless you're going to use fastboot to flash the system image from Google. The system image was a little less than 1GB, so you'll probably need at least 1GB of space clear if you're going to wait for the OTA update. OTA won't work if you're on a non-stock based ROM/kernel though.

Last edited:
Yep, though you might want to clear up some space in preparation for the over the air update, unless you're going to use fastboot to flash the system image from Google. The system image was a little less than 1GB, so you'll probably need at least 1GB of space clear if you're going to wait for the OTA update. OTA won't work if you're on a non-stock based ROM/kernel though.

Got it. Hopefully it helps give this phone some more life

Yea, if u have the space. I don't forreal that's why I said what I said.

those nexus phones really intrigue me especially the 6p, (i've only ever had HTC android phones from evo 4g-M9) but man that price tag on em kills me. just can't see myself dropping that much when I can upgrade my 2 year contract and get a newer flagship for $100-200. Maybe ill grab a 6p in a few months off craigslist when prices drop into like the $300 range for a used one

those nexus phones really intrigue me especially the 6p, (i've only ever had HTC android phones from evo 4g-M9) but man that price tag on em kills me. just can't see myself dropping that much when I can upgrade my 2 year contract and get a newer flagship for $100-200. Maybe ill grab a 6p in a few months off craigslist when prices drop into like the $300 range for a used one

In the long run that $500 phone is cheaper than your $200 phone.

In the long run that $500 phone is cheaper than your $200 phone.

would you mind breaking that down for me? cause we have unlimited everything right now with sprint for about $200 after tax and everything for 4 lines. with tmobile we would get 10 gb only per line for about $150 after tax which is cheaper but not unlimited service (granted it is better coverage than sprint though). When I upgrade my plan pricing isnt going up I just lock into the service which we have no problem with for another 2 years. Also being a college student there's no way I can drop $5-600 for a 6p straight out to cop that phone :lol:

I'm also having trouble understanding how paying full price for a phone is cheaper than paying 200+tax for it in the long run on a two year contract.

I'm also having trouble understanding how paying full price for a phone is cheaper than paying 200+tax for it in the long run on a two year contract.

The cost of subsidizing the phone is integrated into the plan price. If u don't upgrade after your two years is up, you're still paying that subsidized price, even if the phone is essentially paid off.

It bothers me that people still don't realize that they're paying the full cost (and possibly more) of their phones via their phone plan. No your carrier isn't paying that extra $400 difference vs. retail for you just because they like you.

Snapdragon 820 is gonna be a beast. Hope the Nexus 5 2016 (if there is one) has it. Would likely get rid of the 6P if it does.

• Speed - 35% faster compared to SD 810
  • GPU - Better performance ( +40%)
  • Quick Charge 3.0 - 85% in mere 35 min
  • X12 LTE - up to 600 Mbps Cat. 12 LTE downlink , up to 150Mbps Cat 13 uplink

http://www.mobipicker.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-820-in-depth-testing-finished/

Wow we just got all these new phones and already were waiting on the next nexus lol

The cost of subsidizing the phone is integrated into the plan price. If u don't upgrade after your two years is up, you're still paying that subsidized price, even if the phone is essentially paid off.

It bothers me that people still don't realize that they're paying the full cost (and possibly more) of their phones via their phone plan. No your carrier isn't paying that extra $400 difference vs. retail for you just because they like you.

I'm still having trouble with this maybe I'm just an idiot and don't understand this. In my case I'm on a family plan, 4 phones monthly bill $200 for 8gb data with Verizon. Paid 200+tax for all the phones on the plan. Once the contract is up the price of the plan isn't changing so how exactly am I paying the extra cost?

Back
Top Bottom