• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, I'm not a big talker on the phone so T-mo's $30/mo 100 minute, unlimited data (throttle after 5GB) and text plan works perfectly for me.

You might wanna hold off on the S5 for another month. S6 announcement's coming up.

Yea, I'm not a big talker on the phone so T-mo's $30/mo 100 minute, unlimited data (throttle after 5GB) and text plan works perfectly for me.

You might wanna hold off on the S5 for another month. S6 announcement's coming up.

Thats why Im buying the S5 soon, im looking forward to a price drop.

Anyone in NYC, specifically Queens and Manhattan, have experience with the ATT coverage versus Tmobile?
Im happy with Tmobiles coverage but the prices for their phones is whats pushing me away.

I need 2 phones and a family plan for 2.

Thats why Im buying the S5 soon, im looking forward to a price drop.

Anyone in NYC, specifically Queens and Manhattan, have experience with the ATT coverage versus Tmobile?
Im happy with Tmobiles coverage but the prices for their phones is whats pushing me away.

I need 2 phones and a family plan for 2.

How much are the plans and what do they include that you are seeing with ATT?

To give you a quick and easy comparison, ATT for 2 lines and 6gb shared data on 2 year contract is $150mo before tax. $40 per line access charge and $70 for the data plan

Tmobile is 2 lines with 3gb data each for $100(recently had unlimited data for that price). You would only be taxed on the $100 so that is saving you there, then EIP on the GS5 is $25.40 per month, say you got 2 of those that is $100+tax+ $50.80. You are paying less on tax so your monthly bill would be lower, especially with the taxes in NYC. Also up front you are just paying tax on the phone, so the up front cost is cheaper.

Not being under contract also has more benefits, you aren't stuck into a whack *** 2 year upgrade deal. Once you pay off your phone your bill is going to drop, that could be as early as you chose and gives you more control over what you are paying.

Don't let the upfront cost of a phone dictate what is and is not a deal.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as being stuck on a contract with any carrier.

Tmobile has really mind ****** yall into paying full retail price for your phones.

100 bucks a month for 3 gbs is a rip off.

For 110 you get 10 GB a month from Verizon or ATT.

20gb if you go with Verizon and live in Texas

Last edited:
There is no such thing as being stuck on a contract with any carrier.

Tmobile has really mind ****** yall into paying full retail price for your phones.

100 bucks a month for 3 gbs is a rip off.

For 110 you get 10 GB a month from Verizon or ATT.

20gb if you go with Verizon and live in Texas

For a single line? not even that. Direct from ATT website. 10gb data is $100, then you have your line access charge which is $25 on the next program (+ monthly phone installments) or $40 on contract.

A single line with Tmobile with fully unlimited is $80. Even with a Note 4 or iPhone 6 Plus on EIP that is less than $32/mo. T-Mobile blows ATT and Verizon out of the water on pricing especially when you start increasing data usage.

The US wireless industry has brain ****** people like yourself SP into thinking that buying a subsidized phone is a deal, nowhere else in the world do they do that, because it is not a deal at all. Wireless carriers like Verizon and ATT have those sheep by the balls.

Last edited:
325 a month for 10 gigs for 6 s,art phones and a yAblet on Verizon.
sick.gif

I hope you split that with some people and you not putting out $325/month for smartphones and a tablet yourself!

Verizon for 10GB is 80 bucks + 15 a line if you go no contract or finance the phone.

Verizon will also let you trade in any phone and get $200 for it. Emmm them $20 prepaid joints. Then they give you $150 per line you port over.

Given the example originally listed when you take into account all the options and promotions T mobile is not always cheaper.

Of course if you need unlimited and are using 40gbs a months then your only options are Sprint and T mobile.

some of you guys are right as far as the price difference in plans. It doesnt help that these carriers change their plans quite often. I looked at ATT plans back in december and theyre different today.

You basically either pay more for the phone and less on a plan, or less for the phone and more on the plan depending on the carrier.

Tmobiles plans are cheaper, but the phones are pricey as heck.

Im not comfortable buying a cell phone from craigslist. Too many scammers on there and theres always a risk when buying used electronics.

Hopefully there will be some great deals for valentines day.

some of you guys are right as far as the price difference in plans. It doesnt help that these carriers change their plans quite often. I looked at ATT plans back in december and theyre different today.

You basically either pay more for the phone and less on a plan, or less for the phone and more on the plan depending on the carrier.

Tmobiles plans are cheaper, but the phones are pricey as heck.

Im not comfortable buying a cell phone from craigslist. Too many scammers on there and theres always a risk when buying used electronics.

Hopefully there will be some great deals for valentines day.
you know you can finance the phone and pay monthly installment with tmo and the plan all together is cheaper. Depending on your credit, you might be able to get a Note 4 with nothing down.

superb superb
I'm looking at target, the store, their website had the same price. The final price for a galaxy 5 is $99. FINAL PRICE. No monthly installments for the phone after that.

You pay for it in your monthly bill. Subsidized. It's hidden in there plans,it's called subsidized that is why vzw att plans cost a lot.

Once they went to finance phone such as tmobile and Sprint you noticed there plans cost lowered

The phone is probably a contract 2 year so you pay for the phone during them 2 years

You think they will give out $700 phones for $100 and take a $600 loss. Nope

They all come out to the same price for most part. Evens out monthly
Plus with tmobile you can buy cheap used phone on craigskist like the s5 is going for $300 of you wait and search you can find a gem or even LG g3 and then you can add it to tmobile and not pay any finance and get a cheap monthly price

Last edited:
I'm more of a fan of buying my phone outright and choosing a plan from there. Found some gems on Craigslist in the past and of course the Nexus program...... :smh:

Plus you can use the free magic app on WiFi to make business calls or when you going to talk for a long time

I'm on that same $30 plan and I use Vonage to circumvent the minutes restriction. Uses very little data and on LTE its very clear. 

I'm on that same $30 plan and I use Vonage to circumvent the minutes restriction. Uses very little data and on LTE its very clear. 
Is this plan still readily available.?
It's still on their website so I think so its available. Whether its "readily" available is another question, these dudes did their best to make sure the average consumer cant find it 
laugh.gif

Is this plan still readily available.?
It's still on their website so I think so its available. Whether its "readily" available is another question, these dudes did their best to make sure the average consumer cant find it :lol:

The $30 plan?

Yeah, they're real ******** about it.

Since I upgraded to Lollipop my G3 has gone from 3 and half hours OST to 2-2 and half hours OST. This is BS. Gimmee a root or imma smash this piece of ****. Well battery, the phones great.

Since I upgraded to Lollipop my G3 has gone from 3 and half hours OST to 2-2 and half hours OST. This is BS. Gimmee a root or imma smash this piece of ****. Well battery, the phones great.

I'm probably sticking with kit kat since a lot of the xposed modules that I have installed won't work with lollipop. What carrier are you on?

Last edited:
I'm probably sticking with kit kat since a lot of the xposed modules that I have installed won't work with lollipop. What carrier are you on?

Yeah I wish I did but cant be f'd reverting back. Just gonna persist till a root comes out. Surprised how much a difference in battery life it made now I look bacl.
Im with a Australian Carrier (Optus)

Yeah I wish I did but cant be f'd reverting back. Just gonna persist till a root comes out. Surprised how much a difference in battery life it made now I look bacl.
Im with a Australian Carrier (Optus)

That's interesting that your battery drained that much. Wonder what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom