• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say, I'm really enjoying lollipop. The ui looks very clean, and everything functions well, apart from occasional stutter when opening apps. Battery is not any better from KitKat though, but the battery saving mode actually helps a bit. Also, does anyone here have a nexus 7 2013? I'm considering getting one until I can get the nexus 9 for $300

I know y'all swear up and down TouchWiz is laggy, but I was using my girl' year old S4 yesterday and it felt just as quick as my G3....except for the fact it's on Sprint's struggle data tho :lol:

Big retailers dun goofed and got Apple and Android users coming together for battle
laugh.gif

[h1]iPhone fans and Android fans finally find something they hate more than each other[/h1]
Apps & Software
androidios-e1346785636929.jpg

By Brad Reed on Oct 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Email@bwreedbgr

It looks like Walmart, CVS and other merchants have stepped into a major hornets’ nest. In the wake of news that several major retailers are turning off NFC payment sensors in their stores because they want to promote their own rival CurrentC payment platform, iPhone fans and Android fans have shown a rare willingness to cooperate to fight a common foe.

FROM EARLIER: Walmart and CVS are insane for blocking Apple Pay

Apple fans on Reddit, for their part, have started organizing store boycotts for any retailers that have decided to block Apple Pay and Google Wallet in favor of CurrentC, which is reportedly much more cumbersome and tedious to use than the mobile payment apps offered by Apple and Google. In addition to the aforementioned Walmart and CVS, other retailers that support CurrentC and thus will also be subject to boycott include 7-11, Rite Aid, The Gap, Old Navy and Dunkin’ Donuts.

Android fans, meanwhile, have started bombing CurrentC in the Google Play store with one-star reviews. As of this writing, the hated app has 626 one-star ratings out of 649 total ratings given. In other words, unless the Merchant Customer Exchange sets up thousands of sock puppet Google accounts to give its own app five-star ratings, it looks like CurrentC will be permanently stained with a poor reputation on Google’s app store.

To learn more about Apple fans’ and Google fans’ boycott efforts and to see a full list of merchants that support CurrentC, click the Reddit source link below.
Here is the reddit thread as well:

Last edited:
Got my free extra battery and cradle for the G3. Good looks on posting the promo. Battery life has been great so far but never hurts to have a backup.

Ok maybe not laggy but the performance is not where it should be. I would have took a lessor display instead. That is just me though.

I have had the g3 for a week or so and i havent experience any of this lag. On another note ... Maybe most of you knew this but i just found out now.

I took a screen shot to send my friend. Usually i open the message and look for the screen shot in my gallery but for some reason i long press for paste and what do you know. Yeap it paste the screen capture ... LoL probably late but ....

Ok maybe not laggy but the performance is not where it should be. I would have took a lessor display instead. That is just me though.

Examples? I haven't noticed this.

Not only would it be a strange decision not to, but the LG G2 got updated from Android 4.2 to Android 4.4. The update started rolling out roughly four months after Android 4.4 launched, so if the same thing happens again then you can expect the LG G3 to get it early next year.

Ugh.

dam...my OPO got pretty wet. Sitting in some rice now. smh....:smh: I just got this and got no dough for another phone if this one is trashed. SMH I was enjoying it too.

dam...my OPO got pretty wet. Sitting in some rice now. smh....:smh: I just got this and got no dough for another phone if this one is trashed. SMH I was enjoying it too.

Not sure how bad the damage is in your case but taking it apart really helps.

Last edited:
Android finally adding useful features to Vanilla. Nice. Nothing else is needed essentially. Just keep working on that messaging experience and it is about to be perfect.

Can't wait. Interface makeovers always come atva right time for android. I really do feel bad for iOS users when it come to that. IOS looks the same since day 1

That dialer screen really blurs the line into iOS. The N5 does have new life with L but I'm still shooting for that 6

Back
Top Bottom