• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the price sucks but a) at least it is more premium and b) at least we can get it on contact. that said, I'm a little disappointed they are going back to the on-contract model of selling phones. I wonder how much at&t and others lobbied for that.

anyway I will be buying on day 1. it's big but the extra real estate will be nice. and l + bigger battery will hopefully make for a great experience.

Does anyone else feel that there is no longer a need to root phones? Let me know why or why not.

Currently rooted on a Nexus 4 but don't seem to use many root features.

Does anyone else feel that there is no longer a need to root phones? Let me know why or why not.

Currently rooted on a Nexus 4 but don't seem to use many root features.

im not into roms as much i used to, but i think rooting is still great for Xposed modules :smokin

Never rooted my N5 and don't see a reason to unless it can improve my battery life.

As for that Nexus Player, I'm confused as to it's purpose. For $35 isn't a Chromecast a better deal?

currently on tmobile with nexus 5. one of the main reasons i left verizon was that they **** on their nexus device by slowing down updates to 2 updates behind sometimes.

after doing the reading today, someone correct me if im wrong:

the nexus 6 will be sold unlocked and work on all carriers, including verizon. meaning, i can rock with this phone on verizon and get updates DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE?

this is huge to me if im understanding this correctly...:nerd:

Rooting is bomb on Nexus devices. Not really needed but the dev community is DEEP

I feel annoyed when I have to root my phone to get it to run properly though.

Never rooted my N5 and don't see a reason to unless it can improve my battery life.

As for that Nexus Player, I'm confused as to it's purpose. For $35 isn't a Chromecast a better deal?

I found that my battery life improved on the Nexus 5 when I rooted running custom Kernels.

I'm still not sure why there's such an aversion to rooting a phone. It takes a few minutes and you can get so many more features with a nice boost in performance.

currently on tmobile with nexus 5. one of the main reasons i left verizon was that they **** on their nexus device by slowing down updates to 2 updates behind sometimes.

after doing the reading today, someone correct me if im wrong:

the nexus 6 will be sold unlocked and work on all carriers, including verizon. meaning, i can rock with this phone on verizon and get updates DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE?

this is huge to me if im understanding this correctly...:nerd:

I was shocked to see Verizon will be carrying the new Nexus.

But knowing Verizon ... who knows.

I'm still not sure why there's such an aversion to rooting a phone. It takes a few minutes and you can get so many more features with a nice boost in performance.

I just dont like it because I have to factory reset my entire phone when a big update comes out. It's a pain to set up all my apps again.

I just dont like it because I have to factory reset my entire phone when a big update comes out. It's a pain to set up all my apps again.

I guess you haven't been introduced to titanium backup. Works great.

And yea unless it's a major update, you won't have to backup at all. Just dirty flash and all of your apps should be the same

This. But I just found out how to make a Nandroid backup and that saves all your apps and custom settings. IDK if thats gonna work being that this is a whole new OS but I hope it does.

I only back up data, being that its where all your apps and settings and kept. Then clean out the phone and flash a new rom.

I guess you haven't been introduced to titanium backup. Works great.

And yea unless it's a major update, you won't have to backup at all. Just dirty flash and all of your apps should be the same

I have titanium backup. It's ont the best solution though. I remember when 4.4 broke it and it took forever for everyone to figure out how to use it again.

This. But I just found out how to make a Nandroid backup and that saves all your apps and custom settings. IDK if thats gonna work being that this is a whole new OS but I hope it does.

I only back up data, being that its where all your apps and settings and kept. Then clean out the phone and flash a new rom.

This isn't going to work. When you restore, everything restores with your nandroid. You'll go back to the last OS you backed up.

Anyway, thanks everyone for contributing to the original question

i've found rooting to be rather overrated to be honest

Me too. Was good when I greenified and changed a couple settings but since then nothing else ive wanted to do. Maybe cos I haven't found or seen anything else I dunno. But im not into custom roms and ****, don't wanna go playing with stuff I don't comprehend 100%

^ I'm not sure what you mean by overrated. I don't think anybody who roots their phone brags about it. If you don't want/need the features that are available after rooting, then that's fine. Stay stock. But I don't like how people complain about performance or not having a certain feature when it's available to them via rooting/flashing/whatever. The phone owner's experience can be improved by A LOT if they'd just spend some time looking up some stuff on the interwebs.

Last edited:
Anybody here have a portable Bluetooth speaker? Thoughts on yours? Just bought a Sony SRS-X5 blindly for $85 shipped on eBay. Probably should've done more research before buying it.

pSNYNA-SRSX5~BLK_main_v786.png

Back
Top Bottom