• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I disagree. Google could never put out another phone and they would be fine.

Yea I see what you're saying. I guess it really wouldn't matter what they decide to do. They just do it haha. And for the cellphone class it's competing with it is the best priced!

I'm all about price since I refuse to get locked into another contract. Nexus line is what brought me to Android, sucks, but it is what it is.

What I really want from google is an aftermarket car audio maker to have Android Auto. Pioneer has whatever the apple version is hopefully they get Android. I really want to put Android Auto in my truck.

If I recall, they still don't make money on anything they do besides Google Search/Ads. Which in the grand scheme of things is amazing when you think about it.

Here is an article from last year I just searched and found real quick:
Google has managed to transform itself into a “mobile first” company. Currently, the majority of Google’s $8B run-rate mobile revenue derives from advertising (excluding Motorola). That’s why the company is totally restructuring the way its pay-per-click advertising platform, AdWords, works – Google wants more businesses advertising on mobile, so it’s making mobile PPC radically simpler with the introduction of enhanced campaigns, as well as new mobile conversion types, offer extensions and a mobile app ad type, all specifically created to address mobile-centric use cases.
$8B!!!

Reading around and Google broke a lot if hearts today. Seems like the price point is turning a lot of people off.

Damn nexus 9 is $400? Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that joint gonna be like 700 after tax for the base model. I bet the phone is fire but damn. Looks like it is going to be the first nexus that most get on contract.

I could have swore folks were saying why don't Google just make a premium device
laugh.gif
now they do and now they want the budget joint back
lol true. people want a premium device for under $400 

I really wanted to go back to android with the new nexus but 6.26 x 3.24 x 0.39 inches.............. :smh:

I'll rather not walk around with a TI-84 Calculator in my pocket..

Hopefully Android L breathes new life into my device. I havent even had it for a year yet I knew I wasnt truly going to get rid of it.

The way I saee it that nexus 9 is a lot more than I would to pay for a tablet....but somehow the stars aligned and I have the money so I am copping this as my first ever tablet. :tongue:

The way I saee it that nexus 9 is a lot more than I would to pay for a tablet....but somehow the stars aligned and I have the money so I am copping this as my first ever tablet. :tongue:

I doubt you will be disappointed with that choice. I have had all the Nexus tablets so far. I even traded the first gen 7 for a 2nd gen LTE version with a cracked screen (replaced the screen myself :smokin). They have all been great and even better than this iPad that I have. Luckily someone is looking to buy my iPad which means I will be grabbing the 9 as well 8)

Hopefully Android L breathes new life into my device. I havent even had it for a year yet I knew I wasnt truly going to get rid of it.

At least we still got to look forward too :lol: :frown:

Saw the price at $649 for the base model.....your boy has officially been priced out. That OPO all of a sudden looks really good :lol:, but most likely I won't be changing phones this year. Google had my hopes up for this phone but forgot what made the Nexus line stand out from the competition, or is looking to change the budget image

I was gonna say that as well. OPO looking really nice right about now.

I gave an invite to a fellow NTer yesterday for the 64 GB model :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom