• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the double tap to turn screen on OR off on the LG devices is awesome. I wouldn't change my lockscreen if it removed that feature.

SONY actually has this feature too. at least from the xperia z1 tablet. dont know if it made it through the z2 tab or the z1, z2, z3 phones. my LG Gpad has the feature. super useful. Apple has this feature in their dreams

i dont know if sony's did theirs native in the rom, or on the launcher, becuase i was able to change launcher and it still worked. Same with my LG Gpad 8.3

Isn't it on all device brands now? my HTC m8 does it. I also have motion decector, like if screen is off and if I Swype a certain way it automatically opens up to my text,app,phone or app

I have my M8 rooted just to use XposedInstaller
I watch a video on this earlier and maaaan that **** is incredible, I always wondered back in my HTC Evo days why this type of customization hasn't happened, I always liked what each custom rom did, but just didn't like the rom in a whole. Times have changed :wow:

What's the easiest, or simplest way to root an M8?

Last edited:
I have my M8 rooted just to use XposedInstaller
I watch a video on this earlier and maaaan that **** is incredible, I always wondered back in my HTC Evo days why this type of customization hasn't happened, I always liked what each custom rom did, but just didn't like the rom in a whole. Times have changed :wow:

I'd follow this guide, a little tedious. It's nothing like Apple JB or the simple set it and forget it. Try it out and lmk if you need help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2799796

It's a damn shame I have piss poor Verizon signal at my house. I'm currently getting 15 hours up time with 5 hours ost on an aosp ROM on my g2, if I had stable signal I'd be cruising.

man do don't it the other way the dude mentioned. that's the hard way. They made a all on in one toolkit that will root it for you easily

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2699065

man do don't it the other way the dude mentioned. that's the hard way. They made a all on in one toolkit that will root it for you easily

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2699065
Damn! Repped!

Can you run Xposed Framework on a stock recovery (after I unlock the bootloader) or do I need to flash a custom one?

Last edited:
Tbh, you're not missing anything.
this is true. i rooted my g3 like 1 week in and its no big deal. actually, i've noticed it doesn't charge as quickly as it did when it was out the box. still a quick recharge - full in about 2hrs 10 mins

Damn! Repped!

Can you run Xposed Framework on a stock recovery (after I unlock the bootloader) or do I need to flash a custom one?

yes or yes

Just install the best m8 rom Viper. Xposed is baked into the settings plus and of other goodies. You can also control app privacy through the settings,call recording and other stuff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2705292
Word.

So I unlocked my bootloader, now (in the video) its telling me to flash a custom recovery, but I don't want too, do I just skip that step and move on to the perm root option?

Word.

So I unlocked my bootloader, now (in the video) its telling me to flash a custom recovery, but I don't want too, do I just skip that step and move on to the perm root option?
You have to flash a custom recovery to flash roms.

Unless you just wanna root and use xposed and stay stock.

Word.

You have to flash a custom recovery to flash roms.

Unless you just wanna root and use xposed and stay stock.
Right, I found a stock recovery

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

D/L this: Download stock recovery 2.22.401.4

Follow the tool kit guide and selected this recover.img from the winrar, my screen turned black, a red triangle with an arrow in the middle appeared over a phone and it sat there for 5 mins, rebooted, and nothing happen, no super user or anything, phone is unlocked but no rooted still. What am I missing?

I have mine unlocked and rooted and run stock and I didnt do all that... Its the 1st thing I did when I got my N5. Took like 20 minutes tops

Last edited:

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

Follow the tool kit guide and selected this recover.img from the winrar, my screen turned black, a red triangle with an arrow in the middle appeared over a phone and it sat there for 5 mins, rebooted, and nothing happen, no super user or anything, phone is unlocked but no rooted still. What am I missing?
If your going to flash a custom recovery flash twrp recovery. It's what I have on mine. I'm not sure what android revolution is. There should be a an easy tutorial on YouTube you can follow. Just search how to install twrp recovery on HTC one m8

Held the iPhone 6 last night, it's nice and thin. Apple did a good job IMO.

...still won't go back tho.

If your going to flash a custom recovery flash twrp recovery. It's what I have on mine. I'm not sure what android revolution is. There should be a an easy tutorial on YouTube you can follow. Just search how to install twrp recovery on HTC one m8
Thats the thing tho, I dont want a custom, I want stock. Does a stock recovery NOT come with super user or something? I tried installing it from the store, no bueno.

Last edited:
**** it, I just flashed TWRP.

Running XFW now,

I have Android L Navi Bar, Blurred System UI, Protected Apps, Screen Off Animation, Tinted Status Bar, Translucent Style and YouTube AdAway. Any other good ones?

Back
Top Bottom