• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Textra... I've been a fan since it was first recommended in here and their constant updates have been great.

I'm still not a fan of their Material Design update. I just really liked their old design better, but it's obviously done well and it's the direction Google is going.

I am currently using Hangouts, though, just because I've had issues with MMS with Textra and Hangouts tap to download has been more convenient than Textra. I'm going to switch back as soon as I get a new phone.

If there’s one area OnePlus really skimped on to save money, it’s the camera. There are much worse cameras on the market. But there are also much better ones. In most images I took, whether in daylight or low light, there was noise and visible graining. To add to it, colors are  washed out.

Yes there are 13 megapixels. And yes, it can record 4K resolution video, but the results in both still and moving images leave much to be desired. Compare it to devices like the LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2 and even the iPhone 5s in photography and videography and it becomes very clear that – at least in this category – it’s not a “Flagship Killer”.
Main reason I decided to give my OP invites out lol.  If the Nexus 6 has a killer camera, watch outtttttttttttt

OnePlus really grabbed my attention either the One but shenanigans like the invite system have made me lose all interest in the phone. It's either the Nexus 6 or I keep my Nexus 5 for another year

OnePlus really grabbed my attention either the One but shenanigans like the invite system have made me lose all interest in the phone. It's either the Nexus 6 or I keep my Nexus 5 for another year
Seriously.  Coulda been a "game changer"  (I know that phrase is overused lol) Definitely coulda make a mark.  Instead that company is a joke lol.  Even cancelled their "bamboo" covers, and JUST "designed" some headphones that shoulda came with the phone in the first place haha. 

is whatsapp not a thing in the states? i dl'd textea to see what its about but very rarely do i use a text messging app. Same with imessage when i had an iphon . Its alwasy been whatsapp or if its someone from china, wecha . Those guys use we chat like a walkietalkie

is whatsapp not a thing in the states? i dl'd textea to see what its about but very rarely do i use a text messging app. Same with imessage when i had an iphon . Its alwasy been whatsapp or if its someone from china, wecha . Those guys use we chat like a walkietalkie
That's big with Asians, and foreigners in general Lol

Yeah, apps like Whatsapp, wechat, and line are real popular in Asia. It's to a point where I don't think ANYONE uses SMS tbh.

My friends/fam and I use WeChat because some of them are in Asia.

Last edited:
I see. Used to have line too but found it annoying cus of the 5-6 liner smileys. Theyre really big though, they have stuffed toys of their mascots, and mainstream ads

Never used Line, but it's real popular out in Taiwan. Think most people use that out there.

Wechat - China, Kakaotalk - Korea.

Yea, I say that because the only reason I know what it is is because a straight from China girl I used to mess with introduced me to it.  Her and alll her friends used it and I was like whaaaaat lol.  Glad to see I got some back up haha

Last edited:
I never really understood why tho.

I know data out there is SUPER cheap .. do providers not do unlimited text or something?

I have a 60sgd/mnth plan, which is probably the most popular plan and i get i think 200 free texts a month. To me i find whatsapp faster, like a lot faster than imessage.thats why i never used i message. As for texting im not sure either,probably cus its you dont get a lot of free texts

this is how **** australian plans are

Google now launcher>

If you guys haven't tried blur I recommend it, it feels like the gpe launcher but with nova tweaks

I tried using a launcher for my G2, but it disables my double tap to turn the screen off.

In the Middle East and Africa, WhatsApp is extremely popular. Almost all my friends, and family who can afford smartphones use it exclusively. None of my American friends use it though so they are the only people I SMS

In the Middle East and Africa, WhatsApp is extremely popular. Almost all my friends, and family who can afford smartphones use it exclusively. None of my American friends use it though so they are the only people I SMS
it's because text plans are relatively cheaper here in the usa while in other countries they tend to be expensive so people opt for apps like whatsapp, line, etc which exchange messages over data

text plans are becoming outdated anyway, so phone companies here in the usa are increasing prices and limits on data plans as they see this style of messaging going in the same direction as they have in other countries throughout the world

if the nexus 6 is indeed smaller than the iphone 6, with a 5.9 screen/ decent battery/ good camera......instacop

the double tap to turn screen on OR off on the LG devices is awesome. I wouldn't change my lockscreen if it removed that feature.

SONY actually has this feature too. at least from the xperia z1 tablet. dont know if it made it through the z2 tab or the z1, z2, z3 phones. my LG Gpad has the feature. super useful. Apple has this feature in their dreams

i dont know if sony's did theirs native in the rom, or on the launcher, becuase i was able to change launcher and it still worked. Same with my LG Gpad 8.3

it's because text plans are relatively cheaper here in the usa while in other countries they tend to be expensive so people opt for apps like whatsapp, line, etc which exchange messages over data

text plans are becoming outdated anyway, so phone companies here in the usa are increasing prices and limits on data plans as they see this style of messaging going in the same direction as they have in other countries throughout the world

You're right. In Sudan a text message is like $0.10 a message which to them is way too much. Hell that's too much for me here in the states :lol:

[h1]This is Android L on the Samsung Galaxy S5[/h1]

gs5-l.jpg

NEWS
By Alex Dobie  | Oct 02 2014 | 12:15 pm  | 121 Comments

[h2]Eight-minute video shows next version of Android on Samsung's flagship phone[/h2]
As we approach the anticipated launch window for Android L, it's not unexpected that major OEMs might have their hands on pre-release code for the next version of Google's OS. What's a little more unusual is seeing one of these unreleased builds being laid bare online, and that's exactly what we're seeing today courtesy of Samsung fansite SamMobile. And on the whole we're witnessing a surprisingly comprehensive overhaul of Samsung's TouchWiz UI, mostly thanks to Material Design.

The publication has published screenshots and video from Android L build LRW58J for the international Samsung Galaxy S5  (SM-G900F), showing some significant design changes to the TouchWiz UI reflecting Google's new Material Design  language. In contrast to the dark teals shades of old, TouchWiz on Android L incorporates lighter colors — including a lot of white, surprising for a SuperAMOLED device due to the high battery consumption of that color.

Floating circular buttons are also present throughout the UI, and the new design language appears to have touched every corner of Samsung's software, including the Settings pane. The redesigned notification shade and lock screen are also present in this early L build, matching what we've seen in the earlier developer previews.

It's unclear how complete this build is at present; aside from a few performance hitches everything seems to function as expected in the video. SamMobile  describes it as an "alpha" though, suggesting there's much work to be done before OTAs start rolling out. Nevertheless, it's a tantalizing look at a work-in-progress build of the next version of Android.

Got thoughts, comments or theories on Android L for the Galaxy S5? Share them down in the comments!

Galaxy S5 Android L

gs5-l-9.jpg

1  / 9

gs5-l-9.jpg

gs5-l-8.jpg

gs5-l-7.jpg

gs5-l-6.jpg

gs5-l-5.jpg

gs5-l-4.jpg

gs5-l-3.jpg

gs5-l-2.jpg

gs5-l-1.jpg

Source: SamMobile

the double tap to turn screen on OR off on the LG devices is awesome. I wouldn't change my lockscreen if it removed that feature.

SONY actually has this feature too. at least from the xperia z1 tablet. dont know if it made it through the z2 tab or the z1, z2, z3 phones. my LG Gpad has the feature. super useful. Apple has this feature in their dreams

i dont know if sony's did theirs native in the rom, or on the launcher, becuase i was able to change launcher and it still worked. Same with my LG Gpad 8.3

double tap to wake/off has been a feature on custom kernels for years.

Back
Top Bottom