• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ good points @whywesteppin

I cam relate to the last paragraph,
My exposure to android devices was mainly samsung, they had impressive screens and the unlock animations was nice, but then i go to the desktops and just found it ugly. They had cursive fonts, home screens that were hideous. :lol:

Up to when i decided to buy this m8, i also had the impression that android didnt have a lot of apps too, well i was super wrong. Being able to pick a keyboard app is one thing that i really like about my switch to android.

Last edited:
1) Lag: iPhone does have its advantages. To be fair, most Android phones are absolutely terrible at updates. That's why they lag so much after one year out. But, if you actually give a damn and spend a couple hours every few months, you can run the latest software pretty smoothly for up to 3 years out. It's a double-edged sword.

2) NFC: not sure what argument you're trying to make. Yes, Apple has pull, and the addition of NFC (like LTE and many other technologies before it) on the iPhone will boost the market. But, thanks to forward-looking Android manufacturers who weren't limited by the same-ness of Apple, our phones that are 1 or 2 years old will be perfectly able to handle it when NFC becomes big over the next year (in the same way they were ready for LTE, wireless charging, etc.). The same can't be said for owners of an iPhone 5.

3) Spec stuff: I think we're divided in here on how much specs matter. I agree that you don't really need that much power to run the basic things. But an incredibly smooth phone DOES lead to a better experience, even if it's for something as simple as browsing through settings.

4) Can do what IOS can't: my experience with jailbroken iPhones is limited, but it's not just about running mainstream apps. Customizing the phone is what we mean by Android doing what iOS can't.

Anyway, the main discrepancy is that the majority of non-Nexus devices have terrible stock software and even worse updates (and the majority of Android-haters have probably only tried those phones). And I'll give Apple credit for changing the cell phone market completely with the original iPhone. But, since then, and especially the past 2-3 years, they have not been the ones pushing the envelope (not that they need to).

what is customizing? lol changing skins and icons? man I`m too old for that crap, it was fun in college yea but I don't have time for that stuff I just want to use my phone the end. You still use rap songs for ring tones too?

I rock with android because I can do more with my phone. I just moved and don't have internet yet. I got a hot spot though for free with a simple download. Now my roommates with iPhone are sitting by me with their tablets.

Every carrier gives free mobile hotspot besides sprint I think, so not sure why they don't use it.

I'm really interested in the Moto X, but the battery size is a concern to me... hopefully the rundowns and tests are positive because I can't have another phone with bad battery life.
Motorola is really good when it comes to battery, I wouldn't be too concerned about that with them.

I have seen that so that eases my concern a bit... but I'm still using a Galaxy Nexus and the battery life struggle is real. :lol:

I just want to use my phone on a day to day basis and not have to check my battery every 30 minutes or have to turn off data while I'm not using it, etc.

I still laugh when I think about Samsungs commercial in regards to apple having NFC on their next phone. LM@0 they knew it.

Point blank, you don't need all that extra crap to use Facebook, Text, Tweet,etc. Dudes talk all that spec stuff to justify why they want to buy a new phone every year.
You have a point there.
So?  Thats like asking why someone buys a Benz when a Honda Civic will get them from point A to B just fine.  You dont need those massage seats and Heads Up Display and Lane Assist and 1000000x buttons to drive 6 miles to work right?  Well, guess what....some people like the extra options.  Some people do actually use the extra abilities.  Who are you to tell someone what they dont "need"?

So?  Thats like asking why someone buys a Benz when a Honda Civic will get them from point A to B just fine.  You dont need those massage seats and Heads Up Display and Lane Assist and 1000000x buttons to drive 6 miles to work right?  Well, guess what....some people like the extra options.  Some people do actually use the extra abilities.  Who are you to tell someone what they dont "need"?

I'm not telling anyone what they need or don't need. Obviously we all know the reasons why people want the latest and greatest; in most cases the purchaser doesn't really need it. We all know this and it's their choice obviously. It is what it is.

Last edited:
You still use rap songs for ring tones too?
Who doesn't use rap songs for ringtones on NT?
laugh.gif

Any note 3 users jailbreak their phone? Is there a difference in performance?

My phone seems to be lagging smh

There can be. If you root you can do things like over clock and remove bloat, if you unlock the boot loader you can flash custom Roms, which will mist likely be smoother than touchwiz.

So who is yo say ios sucks? If the i6 does everything i need, why hate? I say note 4 is dope but im getting the i6 and im called a hater? Lol the stupidity in this hread is astounding.

I'm just happy we have options. I may give apple another serious look, but, I still haven't seen anything that makes me want to put down my g2 yet.

My Note 3 hasn't started lagging at all. My one and only complaint is the battery life has gotten horrible. It used to be outstanding...smh

My Note 3 hasn't started lagging at all. My one and only complaint is the battery life has gotten horrible. It used to be outstanding...smh

Do you have Instagram? I think there's something wrong with the latest update. Once I deleted it off my G2 everything went back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom