• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I wasn't getting the i6, the Note 4 would def be copped. How do notes do after updates? From what I see Galaxy S phones are terrible after updates.

If I wasn't getting the i6, the Note 4 would def be copped. How do notes do after updates? From what I see Galaxy S phones are terrible after updates.
Why would u get the i6 then?  if you want that thing, might as well save some money and go cop a used Galaxy s3 or s4 
laugh.gif

meh I understand you dislike iOS, but joke was lame. lol go root ya phone to look like an iPhone pleighboi.
Not a joke. Apple is just now catching up with what Samsung (and others) has been doing. If you're even considering the Note, which it seems you are, i have no idea why you would be buying the iphone. Just because Apple made it?

Last edited:
Not a joke. Apple is just now catching up with what Samsung (and others) has been doing. If you're even considering the Note, which it seems you are, i have no idea why you would be buying the iphone. Just because Apple made it?

catching up like what? lol everyone can attest samsung has been playing Mr. Me Too with apple since the galaxy s1. Hell the 5S destroyed every flagship in Benchmarks that Android users brag about so much. Apple did 64 bit first, Android users respond "iOS don't utilize it" now every Android manufacture is rushing to put out a 64bit chip. Pretty sure the A8 chip is going to be insane too.

let me guess next you will bring up NFC, news flash nobody uses it, and if Samsung or whoever had so much pull it wouldn't take Apple adding it to make it pop off bigger.

Literally all these phones do is run apps, so not sure what you mean by Android can do what iOS can't, they all literally have the same apps, and iOS apps tend to have more support with working with 3rd party devices.

lol ask yourself, why is it quad core phones running android start running like crap after a year if they are so amazing?

Point blank, you don't need all that extra crap to use Facebook, Text, Tweet,etc. Dudes talk all that spec stuff to justify why they want to buy a new phone every year.

Root your phone to look like an iPhone?
roll.gif

catching up like what? lol everyone can attest samsung has been playing Mr. Me Too with apple since the galaxy s1. Hell the 5S destroyed every flagship in Benchmarks that Android users brag about so much. Apple did 64 bit first, Android users respond "iOS don't utilize it" now every Android manufacture is rushing to put out a 64bit chip. Pretty sure the A8 chip is going to be insane too.

let me guess next you will bring up NFC, news flash nobody uses it, and if Samsung or whoever had so much pull it wouldn't take Apple adding it to make it pop off bigger.

Literally all these phones do is run apps, so not sure what you mean by Android can do what iOS can't, they all literally have the same apps, and iOS apps tend to have more support with working with 3rd party devices.

lol ask yourself, why is it quad core phones running android start running like crap after a year if they are so amazing?

Point blank, you don't need all that extra crap to use Facebook, Text, Tweet,etc. Dudes talk all that spec stuff to justify why they want to buy a new phone every year.
Seems to me that you have clearly never owned any smartphone besides an Iphone. Carry on

People brag about benchmarks :nerd:

You said 5s crushed everything.. It had a new chip inside but performed no different than the 5. You said your main reason for upgrading to the 5s was for the specs(new chip) inside..also mention in your previous post how insane the A8 chip will be. Don't say we talk about specs to justify purchases

The same goes with Android no matter how many cores, these phones aren't going to get much faster than they already are.

For the record I think the i6 will be great.

Last edited:
Idk man, wireless charging and nfc have been so key for me and alot of other people I know.

Apple does make good stuff but they lack in areas of technology. I can't comment on the iPhone 6 but the 5 wasn't any better than any top tier android phone

People brag about benchmarks
nerd.gif

You said 5s crushed everything.. It had a new chip inside but performed no different than the 5. You said your main reason for upgrading to the 5s was for the specs(new chip) inside..also mention in your previous post how insane the A8 chip will be. Don't say we talk about specs to justify purchases

The same goes with Android no matter how many cores, these phones aren't going to get much faster than they already are.

Even if they do regular joes really won't be able to tell

People brag about benchmarks :nerd:

I never said I`m going form the 5S for the chip. I`m getting a i6 because of the new screen size, the i6 could possibly be the last phone I buy for a while. And the 5S beat majority of the android phones that came out AFTER it (i.e. the S5) in benchmark test. The chip goes to work during gaming and things like that, of course you don't utilize fully the chip when using twitter, same can be said with the quad core android phones. Once again I ask what all is the iPhone catching up with when all smartphones do essentially is launch apps? Novelty features are fine but most users don't even use them, hell I used Siri 2 times literally from the time I had the 4s, the 5 and 5s.

I just say for Android phones to have 2 and 4 cores, why is it that they run like crap after a year ? Dual Core gets frowned upon now when its MORE than plenty for a mobile device.

Literally only reason dudes have been sticking with Android is because of Screen size and y'all know it.

I recall seeing a post from you when the 5s first dropped saying something along those lines when responding.. You did say if you already have a 5 it's probably not worth the upgrade but you did it because the new chip inside.

I can't answer why people stick around everyone has their own reasons.. I use both and enjoy both don't eem care. Don't get the Android gets slow after a year stuff :lol: my phones run fairly normal after a year.. My 5 has lag here and there it might be due to jailbreak tho

Last edited:
I recall seeing a post from you when the 5s first dropped saying something along those lines when responding.. You did say if you already have a 5 it's probably not worth the upgrade but you did it because the new chip inside.

I can't answer why people stick around everyone has their own reasons.. I use both and enjoy both don't eem care.

Typically when you have a non S device the S isn't worth it, same can be said with Android devices, you shouldn't have to upgrade but 2 years. I buy phones every year because I don't spend money on kicks or drugs or alcohol, so I enjoy "being up" on tech since I work in the IT field. Hell there is literally no reason anyone in this thread with a Note 3 should buy a Note 4 but they will lol. I bought the 5S because I wanted to use the upgraded camera and finger print scanner, the iPhone 5 is plenty fast and probably won't feel dated until the iPhone 7S drops.

Literally only reason dudes have been sticking with Android is because of Screen size and y'all know it.
Ummmmm, no.  I stick to Android because i actually use each phone and see which one i like better.  Rather than choosing my phone based on some biased review or useless benchmark test

PS: Watch me stick to Android when Apple releases their super revolutionary "Phablet", so screen size is no longer a difference

Last edited:
We stick to android because we have choices, and do whatever the hell we want out da box.

But da i6 is tempting. We shall see.

Idk man, wireless charging and nfc have been so key for me and alot of other people I know.

Apple does make good stuff but they lack in areas of technology. I can't comment on the iPhone 6 but the 5 wasn't any better than any top tier android phone

I rock with android because I can do more with my phone. I just moved and don't have internet yet. I got a hot spot though for free with a simple download. Now my roommates with iPhone are sitting by me with their tablets.

1) Lag: iPhone does have its advantages. To be fair, most Android phones are absolutely terrible at updates. That's why they lag so much after one year out. But, if you actually give a damn and spend a couple hours every few months, you can run the latest software pretty smoothly for up to 3 years out. It's a double-edged sword.

2) NFC: not sure what argument you're trying to make. Yes, Apple has pull, and the addition of NFC (like LTE and many other technologies before it) on the iPhone will boost the market. But, thanks to forward-looking Android manufacturers who weren't limited by the same-ness of Apple, our phones that are 1 or 2 years old will be perfectly able to handle it when NFC becomes big over the next year (in the same way they were ready for LTE, wireless charging, etc.). The same can't be said for owners of an iPhone 5.

3) Spec stuff: I think we're divided in here on how much specs matter. I agree that you don't really need that much power to run the basic things. But an incredibly smooth phone DOES lead to a better experience, even if it's for something as simple as browsing through settings.

4) Can do what IOS can't: my experience with jailbroken iPhones is limited, but it's not just about running mainstream apps. Customizing the phone is what we mean by Android doing what iOS can't.

Anyway, the main discrepancy is that the majority of non-Nexus devices have terrible stock software and even worse updates (and the majority of Android-haters have probably only tried those phones). And I'll give Apple credit for changing the cell phone market completely with the original iPhone. But, since then, and especially the past 2-3 years, they have not been the ones pushing the envelope (not that they need to).

Back
Top Bottom