• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is considered an "average" price for a flagship Android phone, and a mid range one? $650 and $450 respectively?

So all the watches sort of due is keep you loyal to their brand? Imma pass .... I but a watch and I don't want to exchange it for next years model .... Watches are not yearly purchase I'm good.

So all the watches sort of due is keep you loyal to their brand? Imma pass .... I but a watch and I don't want to exchange it for next years model .... Watches are not yearly purchase I'm good.

I'm waiting for the next generation to drop to decide if I want to buy one. I just don't see the point yet unless you're really into tech.

I'm really interested in the Moto X, but the battery size is a concern to me... hopefully the rundowns and tests are positive because I can't have another phone with bad battery life.

Last edited:
so the new iPhone will be what android had 2 years ago.
iphone's major updates are that they are integrating their devices with being able to send be notified of texts on your macbook. that's where their strength and pride lie at, in addition to a fan base who will buy anything released no matter the "imporvements"

I'm really interested in the Moto X, but the battery size is a concern to me... hopefully the rundowns and tests are positive because I can't have another phone with bad battery life.
Motorola is really good when it comes to battery, I wouldn't be too concerned about that with them.

Speaking of Motorola

New and Improved Moto G starting at $179

Along with the new Moto X, Motorola also unveiled a new Moto G today. And yes, Motorola apparently doesn't like renaming things, because it doesn't have a new one -- it's still simply the Moto G. And seeing as this humble device was the company's best-selling smartphone of all time, it certainly behooves it to keep it as identifiable as possible. Indeed, the new Moto G will even retail at the same exact price: $179.99 (£144.99) unlocked.

Gallery|24 Photos
[h3]New Moto G hands-on[/h3]
But never fear: while the incredible price remains the same, the specifications haven't. It now has a much bigger display -- a 5.0-inch 720p HD IPS display made out of Corning Gorilla Glass. As a result, the overall phone is also slightly larger, measuring 70.7 mm wide and 141.5mm long. In my handling of the Moto G, it still felt nice and comfortable to hold -- the curved back maxes out to 11mm. Still, its increased heft doesn't hold a candle to the relatively svelte X I had played with just before. From what I saw, the display looks good, given the G's entry-level status.Other improvements to the G include two front stereo speakers for supposedly better sound compared to the single rear-ported one on the original, an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing one. Most notably, the G will also now finally ship with a microSD card slot, which is located underneath the back cover. It'll still come with 16GB or 32GB of built-in storage, but an expandable memory slot is nice for all those extra photos. The 2,070 mAh battery is the same as before, which is a little worrying -- the original G had only average battery life. We'll see if the new G's larger display hurts it come review time.

Underneath it all is the same processor (a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400) and from my initial playtime the G still handled smoothly. Well, aside from a noticeable shutter lag when taking photos. The photos themselves weren't terribly impressive, either, but at least now you can use volume buttons to take photos -- I guess that's a new feature compared to last year's model.

g2.jpg

The new Moto G runs on Android without any custom skins, which is great news for Android purists. It'll ship with Android 4.4 KitKat and is upgradeable to Android L whenever that's released. It does come with a few Motorola apps like Migrate, which helps you transfer old phone contacts to the new one, and Assist, which provides a voice-activated Drive Mode when you're on the road. And as always, you can customize the G to your heart's desire with a variety of different color shells, though you sadly won't get the leather options that the X gets. But at this price, we can hardly complain about that.

Perhaps the best thing about the all-new Moto G is that, as we said above, it's priced the same as its predecessor at $179.99 (£144.99) off contract. It'll be available starting today in the US, India, France, UK, Brazil, Spain and Germany.

So who here has a broken Nexus 4 or 5 that they bought from the Google play store?

http://slickdeals.net/f/7177944-goo...-5-devices-purchashed-thru-the-play-store?v=1

Google Play is offering a free replacement for broken Nexus 4 or 5 devices purchashed thru the Play Store!!!
This needs it's own thread!!! woot

Stipulations:
1) Has to be a Google Play purchased device, ie NOT thru a carrier such as T-Mobile. You don't have to be the original owner (YMMV on this one). Google will verify the IMEI against their records. IMEI stands for 'International Mobile Equipment Identity' which is a unique 15-digit number assigned to all cellular devices.
2) Has to be within 1 year of purchase.
3) Currently only applicable to purchases within USA

Call 1-855-836-3987. Option 4. Option 2.

They'll do a one time exception in which they will send you a temporary 24 hour email with which you must re-"purchase" the same device. They'll 1 day business ship the refurbished device. You then have 21 days to return your old broken device to them at which time they'll reverse the hold on your CC.

More info: https://plus.google.comhttps://niketalk.com/members/0"within 1 year of purchase" part [emoji]128557[/emoji] :lol:

[h1]The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LED flip wallet[/h1]

note_4_led_flip_wallet_top.jpg

ACCESSORIES
By Alex Dobie  | Sep 05 2014 | 4:22 pm  | 13 Comments

Between HTC's DotViewSamsung's S View  and LG's QuickCircle, smartphone cases have been getting a whole lot smarter over the past year. This week at IFA 2014  in Berlin, Samsung added another smart case to the list — the official Galaxy Note 4  LED flip wallet.

Unlike most smart accessories that reveal a portion of the screen to show information, this flip wallet uses LEDs in the front of the case to display text and icons while the phone's display is powered off. It encloses the Note 4 like many of Samsung's other cases, presumably connecting the display to the phone through contacts behind the battery door. Unfortunately the LED flip wallet display units at IFA were shown behind glass, so we weren't able to see exactly how the case will function, but the sample readouts showed music playback, volume levels, battery consumption, email message counts and the current time as examples.

note_4_led_flip_wallet_angle.jpg

Unlike HTC's DotView, which uses a partially translucent rubber layer covering the phone's screen, it appears Samsung's offering only shows you a single line of stuff. What's more, it's unclear how well-supported non-Samsung apps will be. Regardless, it's a neat concept that should allow Note 4 owners to view important info while protecting the full area of the phone's screen.

note_4_led_flip_wallet_close.jpg

Hit up ShopAndroid.com  to learn when the latest Android accessories become availabl

Anyone here have an issue with playing music from their G3 via a vehicle's Aux-In?
had a lot of trouble connecting via bluetooth. took me like 15 tries before it finally connected

if you're talking about connecting from the headphone jack of the g3 to a car's audio deck, the headphone jack on the g3 is weird. i've tried it on another car with one of those fm transmitters and had to unplug and plug several times before i got it to work. it would immediately work after i tried it on an old iphone (i would unplug the iphone and then plug the cable into the g3). there's discussion of this on android central forums i believe

Da note 4 wit that case tho... Game over.

Samsung won. LG n HTC dont eem try n nake oversized devices anymore. The note decimates. Im goin back im pretty sure. I miss the stylus mostly.

I wonder how many other devices can utilize the Surface Pro3 stylus other than the S5. I'd love for it to work with my kindle HDX....even with that Tab Pro 10 would be nice

Back
Top Bottom