Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

so im probably getting a new phone in about a month since my current contract will be up. i looked at those 3 sites posted on the first page but i dont really know what to make of all that. im definately looking into smartphones but dont know what to get. from the looks of things the evo would probably be my best investment (since im interested in jailbreaking and whatnot). would that phone be dated soon when the knight hits? im open to going to any service provider... just want some advice.

what do you want to do with the phone?
 is a physical keyboard a must?
 is size an issue?

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

so im probably getting a new phone in about a month since my current contract will be up. i looked at those 3 sites posted on the first page but i dont really know what to make of all that. im definately looking into smartphones but dont know what to get. from the looks of things the evo would probably be my best investment (since im interested in jailbreaking and whatnot). would that phone be dated soon when the knight hits? im open to going to any service provider... just want some advice.

is size an issue?
i dont care much for a physical keyboard, if it has one, then thats cool.. but its not big deal to me.  size isnt really an issue either, as long as the phone doesnt double as an industrial sized paperweight. 
laugh.gif

is size an issue?
i dont care much for a physical keyboard, if it has one, then thats cool.. but its not big deal to me.  size isnt really an issue either, as long as the phone doesnt double as an industrial sized paperweight. 
laugh.gif

From what i've seen most devices reach their EOL(end of life) at around 8 months. Doesn't mean they won't be supported or receive updates, but they'll be eclipsed by 3 or 4 newer devices after that time period.

Most of the 2009 android devices are considered somewhat outdated right now(hero, droid 1, eris, devour etc...), and i'm sure that trend will continue into the future.

There's quite a few good phones out today, but if your concerned with having a device with some serious longevity i'd wait until January. Dual core phones on the horizon.

From what i've seen most devices reach their EOL(end of life) at around 8 months. Doesn't mean they won't be supported or receive updates, but they'll be eclipsed by 3 or 4 newer devices after that time period.

Most of the 2009 android devices are considered somewhat outdated right now(hero, droid 1, eris, devour etc...), and i'm sure that trend will continue into the future.

There's quite a few good phones out today, but if your concerned with having a device with some serious longevity i'd wait until January. Dual core phones on the horizon.

is size an issue?
laugh.gif
Guess you should go for the evo, if you dont mind the $10 bucks extra a month, since there's a huge community behind it.
me personally, just because im obsessed, i'd get either the Vibrant for T-Mobile or the Epic on Sprint, or whatever the galaxy S is called on Verizon. AT&T can go to hell.

is size an issue?
laugh.gif
Guess you should go for the evo, if you dont mind the $10 bucks extra a month, since there's a huge community behind it.
me personally, just because im obsessed, i'd get either the Vibrant for T-Mobile or the Epic on Sprint, or whatever the galaxy S is called on Verizon. AT&T can go to hell.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

if you dont have pandora, you should just break your device with a hammer. that is all

I have it but rarely use it. I'd rather just put my own music from itunes on my Evo.
i have my own music from my pc on my device as well, but i use pandora to listen to new songs/ explore different genres. i've found so many new songs i like
eek.gif
I just invested in Pandora One, 2nd greatest buy for the year.
By Rank...

1. iPad

2. Pandora One

3. iPhone 4

4. Nexus One

All can use #2 of course 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaky

if you dont have pandora, you should just break your device with a hammer. that is all

I have it but rarely use it. I'd rather just put my own music from itunes on my Evo.
i have my own music from my pc on my device as well, but i use pandora to listen to new songs/ explore different genres. i've found so many new songs i like
eek.gif
I just invested in Pandora One, 2nd greatest buy for the year.
By Rank...

1. iPad

2. Pandora One

3. iPhone 4

4. Nexus One

All can use #2 of course 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

snap20101024_082349.png

Tweaked with my home screen again. And Boost, I see you on xda all the time 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm cheating on NT with XDA 
embarassed.gif
, dope screen son 
pimp.gif

EDIT: For all you dudes that are rooted, if I root and want to go back to stock, will I be able to, or am I stuck on root forever?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

snap20101024_082349.png

Tweaked with my home screen again. And Boost, I see you on xda all the time 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm cheating on NT with XDA 
embarassed.gif
, dope screen son 
pimp.gif

EDIT: For all you dudes that are rooted, if I root and want to go back to stock, will I be able to, or am I stuck on root forever?

Originally Posted by sam206

I want to replace my iphone with an android phone.
Which is better samsung vibrant or G2?

imo, i'd get the vibrant just because of the screen but if you want to get the latest updates first, you'd be better off with the g2 since it runs vanilla android

Originally Posted by sam206

I want to replace my iphone with an android phone.
Which is better samsung vibrant or G2?

imo, i'd get the vibrant just because of the screen but if you want to get the latest updates first, you'd be better off with the g2 since it runs vanilla android

Testing out SwiftKey. better than the stock android keyboard that's for sure.

Man, if only Niketalk was on vBulliten. NT + vB + tapatalk = win

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

AGREEEEEEEED!

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

AGREEEEEEEED!

im running myns warm rom and kings kernel #11 and my battery went from 100 to 82 in like 15 mins with moderate texting
indifferent.gif

im running myns warm rom and kings kernel #11 and my battery went from 100 to 82 in like 15 mins with moderate texting
indifferent.gif

boost. i rooted with unrevoked and now i'm "unrooted", i can put it back on though. (had to unroot for that software update)

the only way you're 'unrooted' is when u have the Ship-S ON, rooted is Ship-S OFF

boost. i rooted with unrevoked and now i'm "unrooted", i can put it back on though. (had to unroot for that software update)

the only way you're 'unrooted' is when u have the Ship-S ON, rooted is Ship-S OFF

Back
Top Bottom