• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of it has to do with location as well. I've lived all over the Northeast in the last 3 years and VZW has been the most consistent.

At school, it's the only carrier that I trust. If you're on Tmo or Sprint and you come to State College, RIP

I'm getting nervous because I'm not seeing any substantial news on the n5...

I need this phone to be out by end of October...

And I PRAY Google handles the release better this time...

It still blows my mind that AT&T has crap coverage in NYC of all places. Then again, it almost seems like a mini-monopoly is going on in that area with VZW. I think I even read an article where they are going to have service and coverage in the subways and everything :x

I am really tempted to hop on AT&T though just from the wide array of phones to choose from.

Edit: Found that article
http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/20/verizon-subway/

When it rains it pours -- and pouring rain only stops New York City's 100-year-old mass transit system some of the time. Following its fellow carriers underground, Verizon this morning let it be know that it has inked a deal with Transit Wireless (which has already announced similar partnerships with Sprint, AT&T and the like) that'll bring 3G and LTE voice and data to those 36 Manhattan stations that are already online, later this year. Phase two, meanwhile, will bring 40 additional stations throughout Manhattan and Queens. That part is expected to be completed early next year.

Last edited:
ATT sucks in the north east? That's crazy.

ATT crushes it in the south.

I think Verizon has the east and west coasts on lock, if I'm not mistaken. They're the leaders in quality in both places.

If I didn't live in a major metropolitan area I would be with one of those two carriers.

But since I'm a city boi... And I'm always in a city..

T-Mobile till the death of me...

:pimp:

It is debatable because most of these guys probably live in major populated cities where they are able to pick from almost any carrier and utilize the highest bandwidth possible on the phones.

I grew up on Sprint, but when I went to college, they had no service there, so we switched to VZW. Around my house, they are the best option, but I work in NoVA and go to Richmond a lot, so I could get another carrier since I am on WiFi at home anyways. I just haven't been that unhappy with them and my bill wouldn't be that much different to have me jump ship. I definitely will keep an eye out. I already if I leave, it will be for AT&T and nobody else though.

But yea Advanced Task Killer started off with a ton of hype, but then around 2.0/3.0, reports started coming out that it actually was worse for your phone. If I remember right it is due to the program just killing the apps/widgets/etc in whatever state they were in. Since it didn't gracefully close out the processes/programs, it caused your phone to work harder to essentially "put the pieces back together" (close threads, processes, & system files that were just left open even though they weren't in use)...I think :lol:

Word.
My beef with VZW is their prices and data. If im gonna spend $100+ a head /mo. I better get unlimited EVERYTHING. Not just "great service and coverage"

I'm not lying when i say that my Verizon coverage is 99% flawless. Phone calls, Internet, streaming are clutch most of the time with zero problems. I pay about 115/month for unlimited messaging unlimited data and 900 minutes. I have the friends and family feature so i basically get unlimited minutes as well.

Verizon is made up of Bell Atlantic and MCI and other smaller east coast companies which is why they have the east on lock. AT&T was of course Att, bellsouth, Cingular etc which were big in the south

I'm not lying when i say that my Verizon coverage is 99% flawless. Phone calls, Internet, streaming are clutch most of the time with zero problems.

Same here :smokin

I've come full circle, started on Verizon, went to T-Mobile :smh: never again, AT&T, great but spotty coverage especially where I lived and worked so I had to go back to big red.

Android KIT KAT

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/android-kit-kat/

I live in Oklahoma and spend a lot of time inTexas and VZW gets 18x faster coverage in my house out in the boondocks of rural Elgin, OK than Sprint does in Fort Sill with the 4g coverage icon flashing. As said before though, their prices suck for not giving unlimited data on their plan. I also get coverage in these federal buildings and the basement where most people have to go outside. The VZW 4g internet card is TERRIBLE though, but again we are in a basement. If I could go back I would have kept Sprint just for the unlimited data alone but they ********ted me on getting the S3 (at the time, I got a Note 2 once I switched instead).

I am on the phone with Samsung right now about this frying my sd card issue

Yeah man in terms of coverage and speeds, VZW is clearly the best. 

But their plans are pretty expensive. But you get what you pay for. And for me, at school where I'm living (basically in the middle of nowhere in State College, PA), their service has become a necessity. 

So much for all of the Key Lime Pie talk in the last year or so :lol:

Nokia and Windows Phone is dying a slow death. I'm surprised they're not already gone.

Last edited:
Nokia has been doing GREAT in emerging markets and thats where WP is gaining. The USA I see a person every now and then with one.

Windows is trying their BEST to hold on :lol:
Phones stay rotting and yellowing on the shelves. Just give up.

I been ready for klp :pimp:

So much for all of the Key Lime Pie talk in the last year or so :lol:

Nokia and Windows Phone is dying a slow death. I'm surprised they're not already gone.
Nokia windows phones are gaining ground believe it or not. I see a number of people with their phones.

Easy to gain ground when you're dead last. Microsoft and Blackberry fighting over scraps.

Microsoft is hurting because they have consistently took a dump on Windows Phone users. Windows Mobile was a buggy and drained battery. Then they would just stop supporting the OS with updates after a year. Microsoft has been burning mobile users for years and they wonder why no one wants to buy their phones.

I would buy an Iphone before I bought a windows phone.

Last edited:
Why the surprise. They are letting the 4s go on fire sale. The 2013 phone is coming out soon especially with 4.4 kit kat dropping soon.

Nexus 5 release date approahcing
Google’s Nexus 4 recently become one of the best smartphone deals on the planet when Google slashed the price of the entry-level model to just $199 with no contract — the same price carriers charge for most top smartphones with a two-year service contract. Needless to say, the 8GB model sold out fairly quickly following the price drop and it is currently out of stock on Google’s Play store. But that’s not the interesting part. Google on Monday confirmed to The Verge that it has no plans to restock the 8GB Nexus 4.

While the 16GB model is still available in Google’s online shop, this could be a very good indication that the next-generation Nexus 5 is on the way. And according unnamed sources speaking with Droid Life, the Nexus 5 will indeed launch sometime in October, likely toward the end of the month. Earlier reports suggested that LG will build the Nexus 5 and it will feature a 5.2-inch HD 1080p display, a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, a 13-megapixel rear camera, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, LTE connectivity, a 2,700 mAh battery and Android 4.4 Kit Kat, which will be the next major version of Google’s mobile operating system.

Yes, it’s called Kit Kat.

http://www.android.com/kitkat/

A lil too beastly for a Nexus.
5.2 is kinda large. Im willing to bet that it'll still be 4.7 or at least 5.0?

I wish nexus came bike to sprint.

Yea, I thought was a bit much for a Nexus type product myself. I think 4.7 is a good spot for the Nexus-line of phones.

Back
Top Bottom