• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phone's battery just started draining quickly last night and I haven't downloaded any new apps in about a month. Any one know what the issue could be?

*edit* I know it must be the media, but why is it doing that?

Last edited:
Phone's battery just started draining quickly last night and I haven't downloaded any new apps in about a month. Any one know what the issue could be?

has anyone else experienced this? A google search has not helped at all.

has anyone else experienced this? A google search has not helped at all.
You playing music or something b?

Have you tried clearing defaults and resetting everything from that Media app or whatever

moto x will soon be the price it should of launched at on contract.
:pimp: now that they're not only comparing it to an iPhone...

that used to be the MAIN comparison tool. :lol:

any news on the nexus 5? i have a week to take this s4 back...

i have an old HD2 that can tie me over until the nexus 5 comes out... but i cant go more than a month without copping a new phone.

that n4 was my favorite device... :pimp:

also, the development community on the nexus 5... do yall think its going to be strong as the n4

EDIT

Found an article...

http://m.fashionnstyle.com/articles...-similar-nexus-7-2-tablet-rumors-continue.htm

Hmmmmm...

DAT battery. :x

I'd cop that 16gb for $380..$430 after tax and shipping.

Last edited:

moto x will soon be the price it should of launched at on contract.
:pimp: now that they're not only comparing it to an iPhone...

that used to be the MAIN comparison tool. :lol:

any news on the nexus 5? i have a week to take this s4 back...

i have an old HD2 that can tie me over until the nexus 5 comes out... but i cant go more than a month without copping a new phone.

that n4 was my favorite device... :pimp:

also, the development community on the nexus 5... do yall think its going to be strong as the n4

EDIT

Found an article...

http://m.fashionnstyle.com/articles...-similar-nexus-7-2-tablet-rumors-continue.htm

Hmmmmm...

DAT battery. :x

I'd cop that 16gb for $380..$430 after tax and shipping.

Since nexus 4 is based on the LG Optimus G, and since the nexus 5 will also be an LG phone, there's a good chance that the N5 will be based on the G2. But who knows.

You happen to have an SD card in that joint?

no SD card, no music or movies on the phone. It magically went away last night though, I read this comprehensive reasoning behind why it happens sometimes. Something about the cpu trying to read every single file on your phone due to a process with Jelly Bean. I guess it just happens every now and then.

Meizu MX3 unveiled with Exynos 5 Octa, 5.1-inch screen, Wolfson audio and 128GB option

meizu-mx3-launch-1378127546.jpg

5.1-inch display, though with an odd 1,800 x 1,080, 15:9 panel from Sharp and JDI to follow Meizu's string of odd aspect ratios. At the same time, the manufacturer has managed to keep the screen bezel at 2.9mm thick, making the carefully curved body 72mm wide (as well as 9.1mm thick and 143g heavy).As a close buddy of Samsung's semiconductor division, it's no surprise to see Meizu embracing an Exynos 5 Octa SoC for the MX3. Assuming it's the same 5410 variant as used by the Galaxy S 4, we should be looking at quad Cortex-A15 1.6GHz plus quad Cortex-A7 1.2GHz cores, along with 2GB of RAM and SGX544 MP3 graphics. As for the camera, rather than joining the 13-megapixel hype, Meizu's opted for Sony's third-generation 8-megapixel sensor, along with a fast f/2.0 lens (with second-gen sapphire glass), zero-delay image stabilization and a Fujitsu ISP that helps enable capture speed of up to 20fps. Another notable feature is that the MX3 comes with a Wolfson audio chip, which apparently enables a high 113dB signal-to-noise ratio plus a low distortion rate of just 0.002 percent. Like some of the latest Chinese flagship phones, you'll also find Dirac HD codec and a dedicated audio amplifier on the here. With so many goodies included, Meizu thinks the 2,400mAh Sony cell can still provide 9 hours of 3G browsing, 10 on Wi-Fi or 7 hours of 1080p video playback. The CEO also assured the audience that the phone has much improved heat dissipation, crediting a dual-layer design to separate CPU heat and display heat. Of course, only time will tell if this is as good as it sounds.The price goes from CN¥2,499 (about US$410) for the 16GB model, all the way up to CN¥3,999 (US$650) for a whopping 128GB option -- a first for smartphones!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/02/meizu-mx3-launched/

64 and 128gb options :wow:

Last edited:
my note 2 just randomly did something to ruin my microsd card somehow. It's been in there and mounted forever then suddenly I get the sd card removed please reinsert prompt. Obviously it hasn't been, but I can't browse to it or anything so I take it out and reinsert it and it tells me unsupported file system and wants to format it. Nope. So I try the microsd card in my laptop and it's not even recognizing it. This is a 16gig too :x

my note 2 just randomly did something to ruin my microsd card somehow. It's been in there and mounted forever then suddenly I get the sd card removed please reinsert prompt. Obviously it hasn't been, but I can't browse to it or anything so I take it out and reinsert it and it tells me unsupported file system and wants to format it. Nope. So I try the microsd card in my laptop and it's not even recognizing it. This is a 16gig too :x

I Had the same problem.

Is it a sandisk by any chance?

Galaxy s3 and Note 2 are notorious for

damaging sandisk sd cards.

I called sandisk and they replaced 2 32gb

sd cards for me.

Meizu MX3 unveiled with Exynos 5 Octa, 5.1-inch screen, Wolfson audio and 128GB option

meizu-mx3-launch-1378127546.jpg

5.1-inch display, though with an odd 1,800 x 1,080, 15:9 panel from Sharp and JDI to follow Meizu's string of odd aspect ratios. At the same time, the manufacturer has managed to keep the screen bezel at 2.9mm thick, making the carefully curved body 72mm wide (as well as 9.1mm thick and 143g heavy).As a close buddy of Samsung's semiconductor division, it's no surprise to see Meizu embracing an Exynos 5 Octa SoC for the MX3. Assuming it's the same 5410 variant as used by the Galaxy S 4, we should be looking at quad Cortex-A15 1.6GHz plus quad Cortex-A7 1.2GHz cores, along with 2GB of RAM and SGX544 MP3 graphics. As for the camera, rather than joining the 13-megapixel hype, Meizu's opted for Sony's third-generation 8-megapixel sensor, along with a fast f/2.0 lens (with second-gen sapphire glass), zero-delay image stabilization and a Fujitsu ISP that helps enable capture speed of up to 20fps. Another notable feature is that the MX3 comes with a Wolfson audio chip, which apparently enables a high 113dB signal-to-noise ratio plus a low distortion rate of just 0.002 percent. Like some of the latest Chinese flagship phones, you'll also find Dirac HD codec and a dedicated audio amplifier on the here. With so many goodies included, Meizu thinks the 2,400mAh Sony cell can still provide 9 hours of 3G browsing, 10 on Wi-Fi or 7 hours of 1080p video playback. The CEO also assured the audience that the phone has much improved heat dissipation, crediting a dual-layer design to separate CPU heat and display heat. Of course, only time will tell if this is as good as it sounds.The price goes from CN¥2,499 (about US$410) for the 16GB model, all the way up to CN¥3,999 (US$650) for a whopping 128GB option -- a first for smartphones!
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/02/meizu-mx3-launched/

64 and 128gb options
embarassed.gif
would cop, especially if it has aws 1700 on board. 
pimp.gif

To help your phones battery life:

- Get an app like advance task killer to kill off apps you have running in the background.

- Main cause for battery drain is also widgets, especially widgets that update periodically. Everyone wants their phones to look fancy with all them widgets but it comes with a price.

- Make sure you don't have stuff on all the time like bluetooth or both wifi and data running on at the same time and S beam for Samsung users.

- How you charge your phone also effects your battery longevity. To make the most of lithium-ion batteries you need to not let it drop below 50%. Some people say to let it drop from 100 to 0 but that in fact has a reverse effect and instead has a negative effect on the battery. It is also best to stop charging it before it reaches 100%. Its a bit tricky, its not good to let it drop from 100 to 0 but its also not good to constantly charge it all the time. And of course as everyone knows its best to keep the battery cool and not let it heat up.

That is about all I remember. The battery management may be the most difficult. Another option is to root your phone to get access to options to clock your phone and gives you the freedom to control power consumption. As a Samsung user I have the freedom of buying a new battery if anything goes wrong 8).

I think I'm ready to root and ROM my gsm galaxy nexus (laggy and slow at times)

What ROM, kernel and whatever should I go with? I've never done it but was checking out my cousins gs3 with cm 4.3 ROM and its pretty sweet

Anybody?

Back
Top Bottom