Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What?
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-6509.php[/URL]"]
[h1]16GB Motorola Moto X to cost $575 SIM-free[/h1]

02 August, 2013 | Comments (8) | Post your comment

Tags: Motorola, Android

Motorola Moto X was unveiled yesterday and the smartphone will soon be available from the top 5 carriers in the USA. The 16 GB variant of the Moto X is priced at $200 and the 32 GB unit costs you $250 with a two-year contract.
gsmarena_001.jpg

At the announcement event Motorola did not announce the pricing details of the SIM-free editions, but they are no longer a mystery as AT
If the GPE version isn't cheaper, this thing is going to flop.
[/quote]

agreed. this bs should be nexus prices. idc if its "assembled" in the US. the hardware is asian made. foh. this news suggests to me that GPE Xs will be priced similarly...

That's what your launcher is for. The notifications. Its customizable so you can put notifications on it if you want.

^^I was just about to put this...

Between other widgets or pay for Apex or Nova Prime and set it so that your apps have a notification counter on them is also an option.

^ Some of those features are cool, but unless they dumb everything into an advertising campaign like Samsung did to show to practical use of said features, this phone will flop harder than Shane Battier.

They are going to spend $500 million dollars advertising it, so I'm sure you will be incredibly tired of hearing about those features in a few months.

embed has stopped working for me (still trying to figure it out..)

anyways pretty good comparison vid for Moto X, Galaxy S4 and HTC One.

X is only one with dual core, but only one with stock android. battery is about the same. 199 isn't as bad as i thought, but i think it would've been more competitive at 150 tops.

honestly, 90% of the features the s4 has or HTC one idc about. tv remote, motion control, eye control, w.e. useless to me. i don't need a 1080p screen i don't exclusively netflix **** on my phone. 720p is fine for me (how much of a difference is it really gonna make on a -5" screen?)

s4 had some lag issues. htc one is bigger for same size screen. but the build quality could be considered better.

moto x has only a dual core, but no skin. just stock android, so no reason for lag. and that voice control is optional (can be turned off).

just some things i noticed and found interesting. if anyone could embed...that be great.

embed has stopped working for me (still trying to figure it out..)

anyways pretty good comparison vid for Moto X, Galaxy S4 and HTC One.

X is only one with dual core, but only one with stock android. battery is about the same. 199 isn't as bad as i thought, but i think it would've been more competitive at 150 tops.

honestly, 90% of the features the s4 has or HTC one idc about. tv remote, motion control, eye control, w.e. useless to me. i don't need a 1080p screen i don't exclusively netflix **** on my phone. 720p is fine for me (how much of a difference is it really gonna make on a -5" screen?)

s4 had some lag issues. htc one is bigger for same size screen. but the build quality could be considered better.

moto x has only a dual core, but no skin. just stock android, so no reason for lag. and that voice control is optional (can be turned off).

just some things i noticed and found interesting. if anyone could embed...that be great.
u would be surprised how much i use the remote feauture. if u have more than one tv its great.

also 1080p makes a huge difference.

Honestly, the moto x doesn't sound very future proof. Is it even going to be relevant by the holidays?

I've never seen such distain for this phone. If this was 2012 I bet you all would be Dropping those S3's in a minute but its 2013 and all the hate stems from the $200 on contract and the $575 off contract price.

You can get a Google Play Edition HTC ONE for that much

Honestly, the moto x doesn't sound very future proof. Is it even going to be relevant by the holidays?

It isn't relevant now :lol:

I guess like dude said in the video, Moto is trying to sell its features to the average consumer vs. appeal to the geeks.

^
nexus 5
note 3
optimus g2
iphone 5c or 6 or whatever.

wut is a moto x?
Don't forget about the one max.
Only thing I like about the moto x is the design and notifications. Not really a fan of the device size though, compact phones aren't my thing.

I've never seen such distain for this phone. If this was 2012 I bet you all would be Dropping those S3's in a minute but its 2013 and all the hate stems from the $200 on contract and the $575 off contract price.

You can get a Google Play Edition HTC ONE for that much

For the price it should have had better specs. For $50 more Samsung gave you features (gimmicks) and top of the line specs.

Back
Top Bottom