• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-Moto-X-is-not-a-mid-range-device-its-top-shelf_id46020#5-

So it turns out the damn Moto X is fast enough to keep up with a S4 and everything but just lacks a 1080p screen

Now its a good device with stock android but lacks the newer 1080p screen.

I now would take it over a S4 if I was on CDMA
I can excuse the cpu because I think dual-core phones can run android very well, but that 720p screen is a deal breaker. The screen is a phone's most important feature, and 720p is simply outdated. I no longer believe expandable storage is a must in a phone, but a removable battery is paramount to me. This doesnt even have that.

the 720p screen means it just comes down to personal preference. but performance wise (with respect to stock android) its dual core 1.7 and nexus 4 is quad core at 1.5. if both phones are fluid, and fast, and last long i think moto x is competitor in today's market. i think google would've done better to price it cheaper.

as for the nexus 5, do you guys have any good articles on that? all ive found was that there was no confirmation of ANYTHING, and that its all speculation as to it coming out in nov (if not oct) and with 5.0. and who it is made by. also read a rumor that there will be a verizon LTE version. but honestly, we've seen what verizon does with nexus phones (androids in general) im not falling for that okey doke again.

[COLOR=#red]One thing is for sure...everybody is a spec expert now. And this newfound "expertise" boils down to 4 cores is better than 2, 8GB or RAM is better than 6, 1080p is better than 720p. Ask an average internet expert about the power vs efficiency ratio and you'll get blanks stares. [/COLOR]

Maybe it's cause I don't play games a lot, but it comes down to 1) the software, 2) the screen, and 3) the camera, in that order. The detailed specs would be at 5 or 6.

Software is and will be the most important. Having the latest android version and a clean setup (i.e. no bloatware or useless background services) is much more important than having the specs.

I do think screen is important as well but a lot of it comes down to preference these days. Some manufacturers excel in colors, some in viewing angle, some in contrast, etc.

It ain't bout the screen or RAM to me. If it looks sharp and its not laggy as hell. Ill take the phone.
I can care less bout specs cuz im not gon eem use half the **** anyway.

It ain't bout the screen or RAM to me. If it looks sharp and its not laggy as hell. Ill take the phone.
I can care less bout specs cuz im not gon eem use half the **** anyway.

This. But I also look at specs vs the market when it comes to price. If the competition deems certain core/processor speeds midrange I'm not trying to pay high end prices for it.

My thing is what good are specs when its running software not optimized for it? The fact that a GS4 has beastly specs and still runs no better than a GS3 does and has occasional lag is pitiful. Dual Core phones should have solved the lag issues point blank. Why does anyone need a Quadcore phone to send text and look at twitter? Unless you're using your device for hardcore gaming, its all overkill but dudes dont realize that. You have all these fake "geeks" who just see quad and dual but dont understand as generations progress a dual core from this year is better than a quad core from last year.

[h1]Android Device Manager coming this month; locate and protect your lost Android phone[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | Aug 02 2013 | 1:52 pm  | 75 COMMENTS

android-finder.png

[h3]Google to offer an official lost phone locator and security application for devices running Android 2.2 or higher[/h3]
There are plenty of  tools and software packages  out there that will monitor your Android phone and help locate it in the event that it's lost, but until now we've not heard of any official solution from Google themselves. That's about to change according to the official Android blog, as the Android Device Manager is set to launch later this month.

Built for devices running Android 2.2 or above (that'd be about all of them) Android Device Manager is said to have tools to help you locate a missing phone by sounding the ringer at max volume, tracking its location if it's out of earshot, and a quick and easy way to remotely wipe your personal data off the device if you're not able to recover it.

Many of us have been using some of the great third party tools for this for a while now, but we're still excited to see an official offering. We'll have a good look when it becomes official.

Source: Google

My thing is what good are specs when its running software not optimized for it? The fact that a GS4 has beastly specs and still runs no better than a GS3 does and has occasional lag is pitiful. Dual Core phones should have solved the lag issues point blank. Why does anyone need a Quadcore phone to send text and look at twitter? Unless you're using your device for hardcore gaming, its all overkill but dudes dont realize that. You have all these fake "geeks" who just see quad and dual but dont understand as generations progress a dual core from this year is better than a quad core from last year.

realtalk i dont care. i just want the best.

Samsung gone throw a galaxy in every mobile form factor
laugh.gif

[h1]Samsung Galaxy Folder leaks again, named Galaxy Golden[/h1]
03 August, 2013 | Comments (33) | Post your comment

Tags: Samsung, Android, Rumors

big.jpg

It seems Samsung is actually going to really do that clamshell Android smartphone after all. When we first saw it, we were hoping that the Galaxy Folder is merely a dead prototype, but a new live image suggests it's actually still in development and edging closer to release.

At the start of the week we saw a leaked manual detail the specs of the smartphone - a couple of WVGA AMOLED screens plus Snapdragon 400 chipset with a 1.7GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU and 2GB of RAM. There will be a couple of cameras too as well as rich connectivity options including LTE.

Now we also got to learn the possible name of the upcoming Samsung smartphone. According to the latest gossip it will be marketed as Samsung Galaxy Golden in South Korea. It's unclear if the smartphone will make it to other markets and if it will retain the same name there.

If it does, would you be interested in getting a clamshell Android smartphone? Share with the rest of us in the comments section below.

That device manager is already being pushed out to devices. Keep a look out on your phones.

Using the iPhone for a day since I broke my One.... Now I remember why I switched. The OS is so limited. The only thing I like is the way notifications are handled. Can't wait till my phone gets here.

Using the iPhone for a day since I broke my One.... Now I remember why I switched. The OS is so limited. The only thing I like is the way notifications are handled. Can't wait till my phone gets here.
Yup, and now that it can be replicated on Android its not even worth it.

*Insert Bart Scott.gif*
[h1]HTC One Max shows its face for the first time, 5.9" display in tow[/h1]
04 August, 2013 | Comments (41)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

We heard  about the existence of a bigger 6-inch version of the HTC One flagship called HTC One Max about three weeks ago. It is supposed to run on the Snapdragon 800 chipset and hit the shelves this September - about the same as the Galaxy Note III.

It seems the HTC One Max is a real deal after all and today we get to see its face for the first time.

HTC One Max

As you can see the HTC One Max looks just like the other two members of the One family - the original One  and the HTC One mini  - it has dual speakers at the front, aluminum unibody and a polycarbonate strip that runs along the sides of the phone.

Rumor has it the HTC One Max will feature a 5.9" 1080p display and a Snapdragon 800 chipset with a quad-core 2.3GHz Krait 400 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2GB of RAM. The rest of the rumored specs include 4MP UltraPixel camera with OIS, 16GB expandable storage, a 3300mAh battery and a 9.4mm profile.

The HTC One Max should launch running on Android 4.3 JB skinned with HTC Sense 5.5.

The source of the leak says the HTC One Max is undergoing testing in China and the Chinese users will be getting three different versions for China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom.

Thanks to everyone, who sent this in!

Source 1  • Source 2
pimp.gif
 now if they bring it in black to tmobile, thats a first day cop. actually, if it comes to tmobile in any color its a first day cop.

*Insert Bart Scott.gif*

We heard  about the existence of a bigger 6-inch version of the HTC One flagship called HTC One Max about three weeks ago. It is supposed to run on the Snapdragon 800 chipset and hit the shelves this September - about the same as the Galaxy Note III.

It seems the HTC One Max is a real deal after all and today we get to see its face for the first time.

HTC One Max

As you can see the HTC One Max looks just like the other two members of the One family - the original One  and the HTC One mini  - it has dual speakers at the front, aluminum unibody and a polycarbonate strip that runs along the sides of the phone.

Rumor has it the HTC One Max will feature a 5.9" 1080p display and a Snapdragon 800 chipset with a quad-core 2.3GHz Krait 400 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2GB of RAM. The rest of the rumored specs include 4MP UltraPixel camera with OIS, 16GB expandable storage, a 3300mAh battery and a 9.4mm profile.

The HTC One Max should launch running on Android 4.3 JB skinned with HTC Sense 5.5.

The source of the leak says the HTC One Max is undergoing testing in China and the Chinese users will be getting three different versions for China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom.

Source 1  • Source 2
pimp.gif
 now if they bring it in black to tmobile, thats a first day cop. actually, if it comes to tmobile in any color its a first day cop.
my body is ready.....hopefully the power button is not on the top 
sick.gif

*Insert Bart Scott.gif*

HTC One Max

Source 1  • Source 2
pimp.gif
come3fu2qx.gif

Back
Top Bottom