• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its not gonna flop but it Damb sure aint gonna do numbers.

Google needs to drop moto and try Nokia or Sony at least.

Imo Why would I spend 200 for the Moto X when I can get an S4 or HTC One? This joint is gonna FLOP

People put cases on their phone so I dont see how this would sell to females.

And College students? lol I graduated College in 2011, I dont see how this caters to College kids or what that even means. College kids are adults not teeny boppers, If they want colors they will get a case.

That's the effin problem. Verizon.

All that carrier exclusive **** needs to die.

LOL how is it VZW fault Moto isnt making phones? (not targeting you just felt a need to respond to this)

Plain and simple Motorola has be come a joke of a company. Verizon isn't making Moto not make phones for other carriers. Motorola is run by idiots, just like HTC and Sony.

Anyone here use Dashclock widget?
I use dashclock and I like for the most part. Just make sure you add in all the extra extensions and stuff so you add more to the widget itself. I actually use it for the lockscreen.

I'm just having some trouble using it.

You know how when you resize it smaller you can make it just show the clock with the icons on the right side? I was able to do this last night. It still works on my homescreen, but it does not on my lockscreen.

If I try to minimize it, it shows a bit of the icon and cuts off the clock at the middle.

Could you post a screenshot? This sounds like a problem I had before...

LOL how is it VZW fault Moto isnt making phones? (not targeting you just felt a need to respond to this)

Plain and simple Motorola has be come a joke of a company. Verizon isn't making Moto not make phones for other carriers. Motorola is run by idiots, just like HTC and Sony.

I gotta put da blame on someone. Lol

I feel ya tho Luck moto is ran by idoits .

I need to try that clock tho ^

Anyone here use Dashclock widget?
I use dashclock and I like for the most part. Just make sure you add in all the extra extensions and stuff so you add more to the widget itself. I actually use it for the lockscreen.

I'm just having some trouble using it.

You know how when you resize it smaller you can make it just show the clock with the icons on the right side? I was able to do this last night. It still works on my homescreen, but it does not on my lockscreen.

If I try to minimize it, it shows a bit of the icon and cuts off the clock at the middle.

Could you post a screenshot? This sounds like a problem I had before...

Are you using Widgetlocker?? It looks to me that the clock is too low and is interferring with the space set for the lock.

I've tried nearly every grid space combination, I still can't do it. Yes, I'm using WidgetLocker.

It was working perfectly fine but I accidentally resized it and now it doesn't go back to the way it was.

I just randomly placed the clock to show what it's doing. Wherever I put it, it's the same.

Lol y'all actually expected something good from Motorola? I remember when I had a photon and they kept saying how they were gonna update it then all if a sudden they cancelled the update for it and did nothing.

Imo Why would I spend 200 for the Moto X when I can get an S4 or HTC One? This joint is gonna FLOP

People put cases on their phone so I dont see how this would sell to females.

And College students? lol I graduated College in 2011, I dont see how this caters to College kids or what that even means. College kids are adults not teeny boppers, If they want colors they will get a case.

Didn't know you speak for all college kids, maybe the female part yes....but anyway I'm just as disappointed, imma wait and see about the nexus 5 .....Google seriously need to revamp the whole Motorola chain of command

Didn't know you speak for all college kids, maybe the female part yes....but anyway I'm just as disappointed, imma wait and see about the nexus 5 .....Google seriously need to revamp the whole Motorola chain of command

But you can speak for college kids? I worked in the industry 3 years lol College kids either buy Cheap or they buy whats Hot, this is neither.

Yeah this is like the Lisa frank of phones. College kids aren't gonna cop because it matches their sea crystals.

SMH at Motorola.

Phone is definitely underwhelming. I'll reserve final judgment until I see off contract pricing directly from Motorola. Otherwise this is DOA.

Phone isnt even better than the Nexus 4.

So The Moto X is a 4.7 inch Driod Ultra through and trhough but with better software. Now that makes me question why do they still even make driods and not just focus on this phone.

Its weird because outside of cameras it loses to the Nexus 4 which was $350 off contract since late October

Jesus Christ that Moto X is a flop LOLOLOL. When will these idiot executives realize that Carrier exclusives is the dumbest thing you can ever do? Like how stupid do you have to be to understand the Wireless industry is saturated as heck and your not going to get 10 million sales on ONE carrier for a device that isnt even better than the device next to it? This isnt 2007 when the iPhone was the only thing of its kind. You guys see how Samsung smartened up for the most part and released their Flagship across the board.

Like Why is Verizon even getting this? Like Why would anyone buy this over the Razr and they cost the exact same price and the razr is better than it spec wise across the board?

Like how can someone be this stupid?
because colors

That's the effin problem. Verizon.

All that carrier exclusive **** needs to die.

this. now im going based of all the reading i've done so far, and as i've gathered, the moto x itself isn't a bad phone. but verizon ***** it up.

$200 cash for this phone is no bueno. period. 200 gets you top of the line phones, that consumers are def gonna go for (iphone5, s4, N2, one) hell the new droid maxx with that stupid big battery makes it worth the extra 100 over this thing.

then there is the software. for god sake when are they gonna LEAVE ANDROID ALONE?! i mean look at what is shipping on the verizon x.

verizon-moto-x-bloatware.jpg

look, in all seriousness, if you use a smartphone, and still pay for vz navigator, you should cancel ur phone service altogether and stick with the postal service. why they insist on permanently installing this crap EVERY SINGLE TIME, is beyond me. it wasn't that long ago they were selling phones with blockbuster, even tho that company was dead even as a streaming service.

the moto x comes out for all carriers including tmobile and im looking to jump ship. i pay 185 for 3 lines for this bs, and my nexus is tapping out.

moto x is beautiful, esp the all white.
DSC06403.jpg

DSC06399.jpg

and with stock android, or at least, without any bloatware, it would be a fantastic phone. they have to sell this for no more than 99 tho. u can't sell a phone with galaxy nexus specs TODAY at 200. period.

but if i have to go thru the same BS i am going thru with verizon and my galaxy nexus than to hell with VZW. google knows vzw is a problem and now they are saying they are releasing a google play edition moto x. its copped if its nexus 4 prices.

as it stands, tmobile is cheaper, and ill grab a couple nexus 4s for my girl and I and grab a used flip for my old man and save some bread.

what i truly don't get, is why google doesn't strong arm vzw into not messing with their software? apple does this, but google has the most popular OS in the world. iphone has never come out with any vz app or anything and updates come directly from them via home computers as soon as THEY put it out. not a carrier.

google needs man up. can anyone explain this?

Last edited:
even though the X is underwhelming, i'm glad its finally official. maybe their next effort will be the phone people were looking for.

also, now we can finally move on to big and better (literally) phones. leaks will probably pick up for the one max and note 3 in the coming weeks. especially considering the G2 is going official next week on the 7th. Hopefully they bring it to all carriers and not just sprint and Att.

because vzw begged apple for ios. ios didnt need vzw. vzw needed ios so they obeyedd apple every demand.

google needed vzw so they had to obey vzw rules. look at the note 2 it has a dam verizon logo on the home button that just shows how much power vzw has.

also android has mulitple manufactures and they all have different contracts with verizon so its harder to regulate

The Moto X is one of the most disappointing tech announcement I can remember.

All that hype for a turquoise colored back plate.

I'm so good on that.

Back
Top Bottom