Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$200 ON contract? :smh:

Thought Motorola and Google were about to change the game like Google started to with the Nexus 4.

Didn't even notice this originally
AT&T has managed to land a huge exclusive. At launch, it's the only US carrier where you'll be able to customize the Moto X's physical design. Placing a web order through Moto Maker allows AT&T subscribers to choose one of two colors for the phone's front casing, and pick between a total of 16 options for the back. Color customization also extends to the volume rocker, power button, and camera ring. And buyers can even have their name or a short message engraved on the Moto X.

Everywhere else, you'll choose between the black or white hardware — and that's it.
Lulz.

Only slightly redeeming point.

Thankfully Motorola says other carriers will offer customizable hardware later this year.

*sigh* :smh:

Knew it was gonna be a gotdamn loss. $3hunna off contract was too damb good to be true b.

I'm good with what i got.

Meh.....they just saved me $$$ this month. Now I will wait and see what the. Nexus 5 brings to the table. 720p lulz bit 200 on contract is definitely a fail.

See, I was okay with the 720p screen if it meant a battery-efficient mid-range phone RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION OF ANDROID (they couldn't even pull this?! :smh:) for an off-contract retail of $300 or less. But paying the same thing for this that you would for most top of the line devices on contract? Hell naw. Motorola goof'd.

Last edited:
I remember last year when people said that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 720p screen and a 1080p panel. Motorola's saying the same thing now. I believed it until I saw the S3 and S4 side by side. There is a definite difference. Motorola has no excuse for only putting a 720p screen, especially for $200 on contact.

* crosses fingers for a beastly nexus 5*

Last edited:
So tempted to get a google edition HTC One. Using my gnex still and while it still works fine it lags here and there. I'm moving to Germany in a few months and i'll be there for a few months so that's really the only thing holding me back. I wanna see how phone plans work out there and how much i would pay if i opened a contract with a European carrier or just using the One off contract.

See, I was okay with the 720p screen if it meant a battery-efficient mid-range phone RUNNING THE LATEST VERSION OF ANDROID (they couldn't even pull this?! :smh:) for an off-contract retail of $300 or less. But paying the same thing for this that you would for most top of the line devices on contract? Hell naw. Motorola goof'd.

EDIT: :wow:

That's real lame about the AT&T exclusive customization. It's a timed exclusive, but I could see these selling so much more once customization is available for every carrier.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ that Moto X is a flop LOLOLOL. When will these idiot executives realize that Carrier exclusives is the dumbest thing you can ever do? Like how stupid do you have to be to understand the Wireless industry is saturated as heck and your not going to get 10 million sales on ONE carrier for a device that isnt even better than the device next to it? This isnt 2007 when the iPhone was the only thing of its kind. You guys see how Samsung smartened up for the most part and released their Flagship across the board.

Like Why is Verizon even getting this? Like Why would anyone buy this over the Razr and they cost the exact same price and the razr is better than it spec wise across the board?

Like how can someone be this stupid?

Jesus Christ that Moto X is a flop LOLOLOL. When will these idiot executives realize that Carrier exclusives is the dumbest thing you can ever do? Like how stupid do you have to be to understand the Wireless industry is saturated as heck and your not going to get 10 million sales on ONE carrier for a device that isnt even better than the device next to it? This isnt 2007 when the iPhone was the only thing of its kind. You guys see how Samsung smartened up for the most part and released their Flagship across the board.

Like Why is Verizon even getting this? Like Why would anyone buy this over the Razr and they cost the exact same price and the razr is better than it spec wise across the board?

Its coming out to all carriers tho, only thing exclusive is the custom parts which AT&T has for a time exclusive ...I think the phone will sell, and it will sell well, to females and college students ...for power user ....have too wait and see for Nexus 5

if anything the moto droid should've been the moto x with body AND battery customization and the same feature set the moto x offers. Verizon could've had the timed exclusive on customization then let everybody pick whether they wanted the ultra or maxx version once the exclusive was up. too much like right I guess.

Its not gonna flop but it Damb sure aint gonna do numbers.

Google needs to drop moto and try Nokia or Sony at least.

Its not gonna flop but it Damb sure aint gonna do numbers.

Google needs to drop moto and try Nokia or Sony at least.
google needs to stop letting moto sell their best product to Verizon only. how is this even a good idea in 2013?

Back
Top Bottom