• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol y'all actually expected something good from Motorola? I remember when I had a photon and they kept saying how they were gonna update it then all if a sudden they cancelled the update for it and did nothing.
Yup. I will never buy a Motorola phone again because of this.

Someone want to explain why Sprint locks the phones in the back of the store at 6? How much sense does this make. Now I cant get my phone until Saturday

Last edited:
[h1]BBM for Android now in beta testing, first images emerge[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Aug 01 2013 | 8:54 am  | 117 COMMENTS

The rumored June 27 release window has long passed, but BlackBerry Messenger  for Android and iOS is apparently still on track to hit before the end of the summer. Today the multi-platform version of the messaging app has inched closer to release, with the news that it's now in beta testing among a select group of users.

CrackBerry's  Adam Zeis writes —
Invitations have gone out for BBM for Android but we're not sure what the status is with iOS. There were no real details provided with the invites aside from needed at least ICS to run the app ... We'll most likely see more on the actual app very soon now that it's out in the open so don't worry too much.
As such, a handful of images have leaked out online showing parts of the UI — the first from BGRshowing a sign-in screen, the second from BlackBerryOS  giving a closer look at the nuts and bolts once you're logged in. On the face of it, it looks a lot like BlackBerry Hub from BB10, complete with swipe-out gestures for menus on the left and right.

So it looks the multi-platform versions of BBM are hitting the late stages of testing. But it'll face strong competition from native messaging clients on both Android and iOS when it does eventually launch. Would you be tempted away from Hangouts, Skype and other messaging services by a cross-platform BBM? Hit the comments and let us know.

Source: BGRBBOS; via: CrackBerry

[h1]A cheaper Moto X is coming for prepaid markets, according to Motorola's CEO  Mobile[/h1]
By Zachary Lutz  posted Aug 1st, 2013 at 9:21 PM15  

Thanks to a number of significant  leaks, the Moto X  was pretty much a known quantity even before it was officially unveiled; the major exception being the handset's pricing, which we now know is $199 on a two-year contract. Given its mid-range components, many had hoped the phone would sell for less, which wasfueled in part by analysts  targeting a price of $300 outright. Fortunately, if you're feeling miffed, there's good reason to turn your frown upside down. According to Motorola's CEO, Dennis Woodside, the company is keenly aware of the need for lower cost smartphones, especially within prepaid and emerging markets. In an interview with CNET, Woodside revealed that a less expensive handset is in the works, and curiously enough, it'll also carry the Moto X branding.

In Woodside's words, "We want everyone to have access to affordable smartphones." Further, "Moto X is the brand that we are most focused on... and there is more to come. You will see additional products within months." Whether the company can provide a low-cost option that's as compelling as the Lumia 620  orNexus 4  remains to be seen, but you can rest easy in knowing that a cheaper Moto X is in the pipeline

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wow this is funny. I wonder after this fails will Google come through and MAKE them make Nexus products. Imagine Nexus 5 on all major Carrier's And availble at the play store for $300 or $350

With that they can have moto make the 7 and 10 too

Wow this is funny. I wonder after this fails will Google come through and MAKE them make Nexus products. Imagine Nexus 5 on all major Carrier's And availble at the play store for $300 or $350

With that they can have moto make the 7 and 10 too

thats not gonna happen, at most will only be Tmobile and ATT, there probably wont be a cross carrier Nexus until VZW and Sprint phase out their CDMA completely.

This is why Samsung or Apple is the juggernaut in the mobile/android industry, they can make various variants of the S4 for any carrier worldwide. None of the exclusive bullcrap.

This is truly gonna be a MOTO FLOP. Google better step in 100% before its too late.

still holding onto my GNEX.....can't wait for the NEXT NEXUS(please God no LG)

This is why Samsung or Apple is the juggernaut in the mobile/android industry, they can make various variants of the S4 for any carrier worldwide. None of the exclusive bullcrap.

This is truly gonna be a MOTO FLOP. Google better step in 100% before its too late.

still holding onto my GNEX.....can't wait for the NEXT NEXUS(please God no LG)

lol man Google doesnt care if this flops (well I take that back) the thing about Google is they dont care what device is out as long as it have Google Services. Google wants everyone using their products, lol Google doesnt care if you own an iPhone or GS4 at the end of the day you are using at least 1 of their services and they can collect data.

Is this supposed to help blackberry's phone sales or have they just given up?

DSC06403.jpg

Looks great, but why would anyone choose this over a nexus 4 (assuming you're going with a GSM carrier)?

Last edited:

Is this supposed to help blackberry's phone sales or have they just given up?

DSC06403.jpg

Looks great, but why would anyone choose this over a nexus 4 (assuming you're going with a GSM carrier)?

yea it would be a tough sell over a nexus 4. both devices are beautiful imo. i wish the nexus 4 was all white tho. i def wouldn't use the the always on voice recognition thing, tho google is pretty confident with that battery life. i just wouldn't have a need for it honestly. (most smartphones are packed with apps or features that the avg person doesn't use i think).

now that i think about it even google play edition phones don't get updates str8 from google, at least not immediately. the GPE one and s4 haven't gotten 4.3 yet. nexus 4 is the only device that has 4.3 (non root stock of course).

but one thing is for sure i want to **** with vzw. at least with tmobile i have no contract so i could always keep my options open.

i've been wanting that nexus 4 for a min, and im not really sweating the no LTE ...i think someone in this thread activated with relative ease and some instruction :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
So exactly why would anybody drop 200 for a Moto on contract when it has nearly the same specs as a S3 and you can get em for $50 on contract right now?

thats not gonna happen, at most will only be Tmobile and ATT, there probably wont be a cross carrier Nexus until VZW and Sprint phase out their CDMA completely.
Just make those the bad version just to get the name Nexus out there. People what is recommended t them by their friends and family a lot of times that's why the Galaxy series is so big. If its on every carrier then every person can get one.

I'm still wondering why chrome won't install Nexus otas for me. Seems opportunity lost.

yea it would be a tough sell over a nexus 4. both devices are beautiful imo. i wish the nexus 4 was all white tho. i def wouldn't use the the always on voice recognition thing, tho google is pretty confident with that battery life. i just wouldn't have a need for it honestly. (most smartphones are packed with apps or features that the avg person doesn't use i think).

now that i think about it even google play edition phones don't get updates str8 from google, at least not immediately. the GPE one and s4 haven't gotten 4.3 yet. nexus 4 is the only device that has 4.3 (non root stock of course).

but one thing is for sure i want to **** with vzw. at least with tmobile i have no contract so i could always keep my options open.

i've been wanting that nexus 4 for a min, and im not really sweating the no LTE ...i think someone in this thread activated with relative ease and some instruction :nerd: :nerd:
Nexus 4 has LTE it's all just two zip files You flash.

I'm not messing with Motorola after the Motorola CLIQ. Worse android phone of my life. I was hype when Google bought Moto but it's just looking like more of the same.

Not impressed with the Moto X, mid range specs, average looking smartphone, ehhh. That wooden back plate version though :wow: :wow: :wow:

Jesus Christ that Moto X is a flop LOLOLOL. When will these idiot executives realize that Carrier exclusives is the dumbest thing you can ever do? Like how stupid do you have to be to understand the Wireless industry is saturated as heck and your not going to get 10 million sales on ONE carrier for a device that isnt even better than the device next to it? This isnt 2007 when the iPhone was the only thing of its kind. You guys see how Samsung smartened up for the most part and released their Flagship across the board.

Like Why is Verizon even getting this? Like Why would anyone buy this over the Razr and they cost the exact same price and the razr is better than it spec wise across the board?

Like how can someone be this stupid?
Its coming out to all carriers tho, only thing exclusive is the custom parts which AT&T has for a time exclusive ...I think the phone will sell, and it will sell well, to females and college students ...for power user ....have too wait and see for Nexus 5
female college students from what I see go for a hot item more then a colorful one. They recognize the names "iphone" and "galaxy" and even "blackberry" before they recognize Motorola. Thats why phones like the One or Nexus 4 are not popular with college females. Unless the off-contract version is stupid cheap, I really dont know what American demographic they are selling to. Maybe it does well overseas...

Anyone have the google edition S4? Worth the cop? Upgrading from my galaxy nexus.

Last edited:
That clock is dope. How do you know if you have notifications though? Do they show up in that thing?

What?
[h1]16GB Motorola Moto X to cost $575 SIM-free[/h1]
02 August, 2013 | Comments (8) | Post your comment

Tags: Motorola, Android

Motorola Moto X was unveiled yesterday and the smartphone will soon be available from the top 5 carriers in the USA. The 16 GB variant of the Moto X is priced at $200 and the 32 GB unit costs you $250 with a two-year contract.

gsmarena_001.jpg

At the announcement event Motorola did not announce the pricing details of the SIM-free editions, but they are no longer a mystery as AT&T has confirmed the pricing of the device without a contract. At launch, the 16 GB model of the Moto X will cost you $575, while the 32 GB is priced at $629.

Google has announced that the Moto X will be available from the Play Store as well, where it will latter be joined by a Google Play Edition version. However, the pricing details for that one are not out yet.

We spend some quality time with the smartphone and have prepared an extensive hands-on article for you to check out. You can find lots of live images, benchmarks and our first-hand impression over here.

Via
If the GPE version isn't cheaper, this thing is going to flop.

Back
Top Bottom