• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h1]Moto X reportedly comes with Magic Glass, laminated aluminum structure  Mobile[/h1]
By Mariella Moon  posted Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:18 AM278  

There's been a deluge of Moto X reports, and it shows no signs of stopping. We've seen the device's press shotscamera UI  and benchmark results, and most recently, we've even watched the T-Mobile version waltz past the FCC. Now, we're treated to purported press images and unannounced features from Taylor Wimberly, formerly of Android and Me. According to Wimberly, a sheet of specially treated Gorilla Glass covers the phone's entire face and wraps around its sides, forming a nearly seamless gap with the rear shell. Apparently, it's special enough that Motorola will call it "Magic Glass." As another nod to the phone's toughness, he also claims a laminated aluminum structure makes its frame even stronger, despite being thin and lightweight. Check out the images to decide the report's veracity for yourself, but don't sweat it too much -- we'll be able to confirm it in a few days when the phone launches on August 1st.
moto-x-dlte.jpg

moto-x-insides.jpg

[h2]FOLLOW THE SAGA[/h2]

i have a 15 inch macbook and was looking for something smaller so maybe this n7 or the air.

the reason im kinda leaning toward the air is because i can actually be more productive on it. but the n7 is so muchcheaper
Want something more productive than the tablet, then use your MacBook Pro...

I think people get it crossed up on what tablets are meant for...

If you are trying to type papers, develop programs, or anything resource intensive for long periods of time and not here and there, you need a laptop.

I you want to check email, surf the Web, watch some videos, get on Facebook/IG/Twitter, play some games with occasional note taking our something... Get a tablet and possibly a BT keyboard to make it easier for you.

Tablets like are not meant to completely replace laptops, but compliment them.

There is always the Surface (not the RT model) tablet if you want something like that.

Just my .02¢

Found the apk for sfiv... can't get the resource files to download though

As far as word processing, the 7 inch tablets suck, and the transformer tablets are ok. I use a note 10.1 with the stock cover which you can set up the angle to type. With swiftkey, I can type fairly fast. However, I've used every word processor out there, and they need a lot of work. I suggest, you save a lot, so you don't lose your work.

When Samsung drops its 12 inch 2560×1600 resolution tablet that dual boots WindowsxAndroid that's when I'll cop me a nice stand , Bluetooth mouse , and Keyboard and never use my laptop ever again .

Last edited:
Ive typed papers on my Gnex before during emergency situations, I'm never repeating that again. I used an app called King Office suite and it was buggy as hell

Tablets are not meant to be laptop replacements.

QFT. Seen too many dudes pull out their iPads w/ full-size bluetooth Mac keyboards and try to make it work on their lap :rofl:

Tablets are great and fun but I can't get anything productive done on one. Sticking with my Vaio for that :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom