• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm finally due for my upgrade in 3 days and I've had my eye on the GS4 for a while now. Then they announce the GS4 LTE-A, which from my understanding is the same thing but just a lot faster. And i assume the battery life will be pretty crappy on it, correct? So is the LTE-A worth waiting for or should I just stick to getting the regular one?

I personally wouldn't wait.. I don't know much about LTE-A how much faster is it.. and is it even in your area?

Also LTE is already pretty damn fast.. I get to websites almost instantly.. how much faster can you really get on a phone.

Iono maybe I'm trippin but to me it seems like bs
laugh.gif
and I'd cop just the regular S4 unless they're coming out with a specific color you're waiting for

I personally wouldn't wait.. I don't know much about LTE-A how much faster is it.. and is it even in your area?

Also LTE is already pretty damn fast.. I get to websites almost instantly.. how much faster can you really get on a phone.

Iono maybe I'm trippin but to me it seems like bs :lol: and I'd cop just the regular S4 unless they're coming out with a specific color you're waiting for

I saw a comparison video earlier today and the LTE-A smoked the regular GS4. but like u said, LTE is already fast enough, especially for me since I'm upgrading from a 3G phone. so yea I should be content with the regular S4

The sg4 lte-a is only for south Korea

it's releasing in Korea first and then releasing in US later on I believe.

[h1]Google Now update brings new cards for TV shows and Google Offers[/h1]

By Andrew Martonik   | Jun 26 2013 | 5:04 pm  | 19 COMMENTS

[h3]Google improves location-aware and voice-controlled features for Now[/h3]
An update to Google Now is bringing  two new types of cards, TV shows and Google Offers, to users starting today. For those who have an internet-connected TV on the same network as their mobile device, Google Now can now listen to the show you're watching and offer more information -- such as actor or show details -- right on your device. For Google Offers users, Google Now will show reminders for upcoming saved offers when you're near a store that you can use the offer at, which expands on Google's current location-aware shopping and research cards.

Additionally, the latest update also includes a new voice action to play music from Google Now. You can now say "Play [artist name]", and a prompt will pop up letting you select your preferred music app from the ones  you have installed. The app will then open and begin playing from the artist you asked for.

The new TV show card is U.S.-only for the moment, but the other new features should be available for everyone. You can grab the latest updated Google Search (which is Google Now) app from the Play Store link above.

Source: +Android

[h1]Google rebranding of Motorola continues with a new logo[/h1]

By Sean Brunett   | Jun 26 2013 | 3:46 pm  | 47 COMMENTS

motorola_logo.jpg

Motorola has a new logo and it looks much better than its predecessor; it even includes the words: "a Google company." Since Google acquired Motorola Mobility, there haven't been too many visible changes in branding or products. This is likely due to existing product deals that had to be met and contracts that likely needed to be fulfilled.

However, it appears Google is ready to move forward with Motorola's handset business and rebrand it in a big way. Logos are a big deal and the most visible aspect of the brand, for better or worse. If a company has suffered, its logo is going to carry the weight of that and vice versa. It is a good move by Google to redesign it and it looks great, in my view.

After the logo comes the products, so might we see the rumored Motorola X  sometime soon? What do you think of Motorola's new logo? Will it help a diminished brand or not make much of a difference?

Source: The Verge

its kinda "ghetto" but i like the feel of the tape opposed to the smooth aluminum

:x Be careful that doesn't leave any residue once you peel it off. The heat from your hands over time and when its in your pocket will heat up the adhesive on the tape and could lead to residue if you don't replace it often.

Painter's tape is designed to come off residue-free so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Still though, dude needs to get himself a real shield :lol:

Ive had the HTC One pretty much since att release an I'm still no case with mine. I ain't worried about nothing.

Last edited:
[h1]Attack of Galaxy S4 gadget spam[/h1]By Adrian Covert @CNNMoney  June 24, 2013: 12:17 PM ET

[img]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money...galaxy-s4-review-00000116-620x348.jpg[/img]  

Galaxy S4 excels, despite gimmicks

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
[h2]When the Galaxy S4 launched  in April, Samsung sold one version of its flagship smartphone. Two months later, there are five S4 devices on store shelves.[/h2]
There's the self-explanatory Galaxy S4 Mini. Then there's the Galaxy S4 Zoom, which marries a smartphone with a full functioning point-and-shoot camera. Samsung released the waterproof and dustproof Galaxy S4 Active. And let's not forget the Galaxy S4 Mega, which strangely offers a massive 6.3-inch display -- only with fewer pixels than the original Galaxy S4. (None have yet been announced for U.S. markets, but the prospect doesn't seem far fetched, either.)

Despite all these spinoff phones sharing the same branding, the Galaxy S4 Active is the only "S4" that bears any resemblance -- inside or outside -- to the original Galaxy S4. The Mini and the Zoom have very different designs, processors, displays, and cameras, and they feature varying amounts of storage and RAM. They're hardly the same phone at all.

From a pure hardware perspective, there's no logical concept or idea that really links these phones together aside from being Samsung products.

But from a business perspective, it all makes sense.

Related story: Samsung passes Apple in U.S. smartphone market

The Galaxy S brand sells. It is a trusted, established name among all consumers -- not just the nerds. And in the world of Google's  (GOOGFortune 500)  Android operating system, brands are ultimately more important than the hardware itself. It's not unlike picking a car.

That's why Samsung is making a smart decision to cram as many products as it can under the wildly successful S4 umbrella.

Samsung is learning from its early mistakes: When the first generation of the Galaxy S was released to each major American carrier, it carried a different name and external design, despite the fact that each was built on the same internal components. That "variety" strategy was good for sales, but it was an incoherent vision for building Samsung's reputation.

And so it began unifying. By the time the Galaxy S II came around, there were still multiple versions, but they all carried the same name and same general specs. Last year it added the Galaxy S III mini to the lineup as an experiment. Apparently, it worked well enough to warrant even more spinoffs this year.

Samsung could have given each of its new phones a different name, spending millions of dollars on marketing. Or it could lean on what it knows to be successful.

Branding has always been important for Samsung, because it's a company that thrives on gadget spam. Every year, the company releases dozens of its generally excellent televisions, cameras and computers, but aside from four or five models that provide unique features, each one is only slightly different from the next.

It's a cynical approach, perhaps. But at the end of the day, the end goal is to make money. And if the products are strong, who really cares what they're called?

Then again, if Samsung misfires and waters down its brand with sub par products, it could matter a lot. 

First Published: June 24, 2013: 12:17 PM ET

Which network more do you guys use? Mine was set to global by default, but I read that your battery lasts longer if it's set to lte/cdma.

Leef bridge usb.....might be an alternative to phone storage.

Last edited:
So with the Google Editions of the S4 and One for sale now, do you think HTC will follow through with making regular Android available to all of us HTC One owners as stated previously?

I just got a new note 2 through insurance dropped my last one in the toilet and it was a goner... Any who long story short the last one was already rooted with a unlocked boot loader running mean beans rom... I rooted the new one last night but when I went to put the newest paranoid rom it went in to a crazy bring in to verizon unauthorized software screen.. So after all that rambling ( its late ) is there a way I can check to see if the boot loader is unlocked I got everything back to normal with root access with no custom recovery yet and I belive no unlocked boot loader..

Theres been a Textra update every day this week. They finally got MMS fully working. I'm definitely sticking with this app forever. Now all they need to do is all the message counter, I like seeing how many texts I've exchanged with someone.

Last edited:
so i've been up all night trying to find a solution to fix my camera on cm 10.1 (4.2.2 sch-i535 )
I've tried every link on google with no luck
so I decided to go back to stock
I couldnt find it on my phone so is there a link to a download that I can install on my phone?
also I want a method that dose not require odin since I didnt use odin to flash the current rom

Theres been a Textra update every day this week. They finally got MMS fully working. I'm definitely sticking with this app forever. Now all they need to do is all the message counter, I like seeing how many texts I've exchanged with someone.
Might have to give Textra a shot again. I liked the way the app was set up, but if they get more customizable in terms of what you can make the conversations look like and get emojis (chicks with iphones love that ****) then I would switch for good.

so i've been up all night trying to find a solution to fix my camera on cm 10.1 (4.2.2 sch-i535 )
I've tried every link on google with no luck
so I decided to go back to stock
I couldnt find it on my phone so is there a link to a download that I can install on my phone?
also I want a method that dose not require odin since I didnt use odin to flash the current rom

Use your current recovery (twrp/cwn) to flash ROMs or mods with a zip file.

Also. Install GooManager from play store if you haven't already.

hmm i tried sending a pic a couple days ago and it didnt work. ill try again. also they neeed to timestamp every message

Might have to give Textra a shot again. I liked the way the app was set up, but if they get more customizable in terms of what you can make the conversations look like and get emojis (chicks with iphones love that ****) then I would switch for good.
Texta does have emojis, you just have to get a plugin. It works great though.
hmm i tried sending a pic a couple days ago and it didnt work. ill try again. also they neeed to timestamp every message
Try it now, they updated it so it automatically configures your MMS settings to match your carrier. The main reason I like it is because the MMS works without getting that double message nonsense that every other app was giving me. I would also like to see timestamps for everything but with the rate that theyre updating this app I expect to see it shortly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom