Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm losing at life on Sprint. I don't get over 4mbps on LTE

Those tmobile plans = how much do I pay today/right for this phone. Instant gratification.

You are right. It ain't worth it.
Seriously, I am so frustrated with T-Mobile because of this that it almost makes me wanna end my 10-year relationship with them...
mean.gif
But AT&T and Verizon don't offer unlimited data (I know T-Mobile technically doesn't either, but at least they won't charge after the 2 GB cap... ), and I don't know how I feel about Sprint, either. If the time comes where I have no choice but to go to the new plan from T-Mobile, then I will switch.
How so? I know you probably don't want to write it out, so a link would do just fine. I was going to switch soon, so I could get rid of this crappy HTC Sensation, but now Im worried.

T-Mobile will no longer be doing any contracts whatsoever. In reality, all phones are really $500+. The reason why you get a phone for free sometimes when you sign a contract is because the point of a contracted bill is that you're paying off the phone. What T-Mobile is doing now is unlimited talk, text, and data for one straight price with no contract. By doing this, you're gonna have to either pay the $500+ upfront or pay however much the phone is when you sign a contract, and pay the rest off in monthly installments. Take the HTC One, for example. The phone would be $250 if I sign a 2-year contract and $700 without it. What they would do is make me pay that $250 and add $20 a month onto my bill for 23 months until the remaining $450 is paid off. They believe it gives people a little more freedom if they wanna switch or something since there will be no termination fees. But, if you wanna switch like, 9 months in, you still gotta pay off what's left of the phone, which kinda defeats the purpose. The only real benefit from this is if you plan on getting a new phone every six months or so. Even then, when you trade in your old phone, you'll still have to make payments on your new phone, so you'll have a never-ending cycle of payments. I tried upgrading at a T-Mobile corporate store and they tried to spring this on me. I told them F no. The only way I can get a new phone the old-fashioned way is at a Best Buy.

What they would do is make me pay that $250 and add $20 a month onto my bill for 23 months until the remaining $450 is paid off. They believe it gives people a little more freedom if they wanna switch or something since there will be no termination fees
But, if you wanna switch like, 9 months in, you still gotta pay off what's left of the phone, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Completely defeats the purpose, that basically is a termination fee.

T-Mobile will no longer be doing any contracts whatsoever. In reality, all phones are really $500+. The reason why you get a phone for free sometimes when you sign a contract is because the point of a contracted bill is that you're paying off the phone. What T-Mobile is doing now is unlimited talk, text, and data for one straight price with no contract. By doing this, you're gonna have to either pay the $500+ upfront or pay however much the phone is when you sign a contract, and pay the rest off in monthly installments. Take the HTC One, for example. The phone would be $250 if I sign a 2-year contract and $700 without it. What they would do is make me pay that $250 and add $20 a month onto my bill for 23 months until the remaining $450 is paid off. They believe it gives people a little more freedom if they wanna switch or something since there will be no termination fees. But, if you wanna switch like, 9 months in, you still gotta pay off what's left of the phone, which kinda defeats the purpose. The only real benefit from this is if you plan on getting a new phone every six months or so. Even then, when you trade in your old phone, you'll still have to make payments on your new phone, so you'll have a never-ending cycle of payments. I tried upgrading at a T-Mobile corporate store and they tried to spring this on me. I told them F no. The only way I can get a new phone the old-fashioned way is at a Best Buy.
Where are you getting the $700 price from.

Its $99 down http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/default.aspx?capcode=AGE and $20 for 24 months which is $579. Your paying exact retail

Last edited:
That's what the guy at the corporate store quoted. Even then, I DON'T want to have to add an unncessary $20 a month onto my bill.

lol Its clear dudes just dont comprehend math, Tmobile isnt screwing anybody. The only people who may have valid reasoning to stay on heir own plan is because They dont use much minutes or text, I think tmobile should have offered cheaper minute plans, but nobody talks anymore so thats why everyone just gives out unlimited minutes.

^I'm on a family plan with 3 other people. I'm buying more with this new plan.

That's what the guy at the corporate store quoted. Even then, I DON'T want to have to add an unncessary $20 a month onto my bill.
I'm lost

Lets say you have two lines

that's 160 with next HIGH END Tiered phones and unlimited everything. If you did a cross upgrade they will try to get you onto the newest plans but the cost is the same.

Its $50 for one person then $30 for every extra. Then $10-$20 for data on each line. So that's $120 for two people unlimited EVERYTHING. Now the $20 is added on your bill for that you want to finance a phone. Every phone is NOT $20 as its tiered based. Its $20 on top of your bill because your added a high teir phone. Overall you should be paying the same

Any apps that released lately that you guys recommend downloading? Looking for battery management. Battery blows on the GS3.

Last edited:
I'm lost

that's 160 with next HIGH END Tiered phones and unlimited everything. If you did a cross upgrade they will try to get you onto the newest plans but the cost is the same.

Its $50 for one person then $30 for every extra. Then $10-$20 for data on each line. So that's $120 for two people unlimited EVERYTHING. Now the $20 is added on your bill for that you want to finance a phone. Every phone is NOT $20 as its tiered based. Its $20 on top of your bill because your added a high teir phone. Overall you should be paying the same

LOL word, These plans are literally their old plans minus 20 bucks. Only people I could see complaining are people on some old 5 year old grandfathered plan, and them type of people know the deal and buy phones full retail anyways.

I'm lost

Except I'm the only one on my family plan with a data and text plan.

Except I'm the only one on my family plan with a data and text plan.
The fact is he is a idiot. Your dad will be given 500 Mb because that is the base plan no matter what. So it should be $170 before phones. Just try to talk to someone else at the store. Or just call t-mobile. You should not be forced into a higher data plan

Last edited:
Believe you can still do classic plan upgrades through retail stores like walmart

I find it hilarious that I'm on a forum known for guys paying 3 and 4 times the retail price for a trash pair of Jordans and there are guys in an uproar over paying $20 a month to finance a phone. You pay the full retail price of the phone regardless of where you sign the contract. Why do you think those smartphone bills are $100+?

I find it hilarious that I'm on a forum known for guys paying 3 and 4 times the retail price for a trash pair of Jordans and there are guys in an uproar over paying $20 a month to finance a phone. You pay the full retail price of the phone regardless of where you sign the contract. Why do you think those smartphone bills are $100+?
The difference is, I am the only person on my family plan of 4 people with a data and text plan, which is just $20 for me alone. With the new family plan, the entire will have to have a data and text plan that the won't ever use cuz they have basic phones and it'll be a higher monthly plan. Add the $20 a month to finance a phone on top of that, I'll be paying more each month.

I'll break down my current bill vs. the new T-Mobile plan when I get home from work.

Last edited:
I broke down and copped a case for my note2. After it fell out of my lap last week and the bezel got scuffed, I decided to prevent anything like that from happening again. It's definitely bulkier than I expected, but it definitely feels more secure and protected. I'm already getting used to it. It's similar to an otter box, but it has a kickstand, which is something that I surely wanted. For 8 bux, I'm satisfied.

^Good looking out.

Back to my plan. I got:
$60 for Classic Plan with 1000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends with me and my mom
$20 for my unlimited text and web
$20 for 2 additional lines for my dad and my aunt who lives with us
$100 total

This new plan off of T-Mobile's website:

+
$20 a month to finance my phone
= $200 a month. T-Mobile can go F themselves for this one.

Back
Top Bottom