Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lte in queens from T-Mobile.

^Good looking out.

Back to my plan. I got:
$60 for Classic Plan with 1000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends with me and my mom
$20 for my unlimited text and web
$20 for 2 additional lines for my dad and my aunt who lives with us
$100 total

This new plan off of T-Mobile's website:

+
$20 a month to finance my phone
= $200 a month. T-Mobile can go F themselves for this one.
you don't have to do it that way though, you can remove the unlimited data from the other 3 lines if you go through the entire process. It will still be more than your classic plan though, its $120 a month for services + $20 for your EIP for a grand total of $140 a month.

You'll be better off keeping your classic plan and signing a 2 year contract. Most retailers aren't on the simply choice plans for tmobile, so just find someone who is selling the htc one (walmart, sams, costco, wirefly, etc) and just upgrade that way.

deciding between a note II for $450 or if i should just pick up an S4 or an HTC One for about $50-$100 more? the next note probably won't come out until fall so unless it'll be way better than the S4 then I wouldn't mind waiting for it.

I'm coming from a mytouch 4g so it'll be a big step up spec wise. I've played with both the samsungs for a few minutes but the store I went to didn't have the One in store so I'm not sure what I'm missing out on. IDK if it's cause it's the store version but both phones seems to have a lot of bloatware on it, will it be like that on a new phone? Easy to take out? I don't mind rooting it but seeing as it's a newer phone than what I have, I'd like to play around with it in stock for a month or so before deciding to root it. Also is the note II missing anything from the S4? will it get upgraded to match some features?

you don't have to do it that way though, you can remove the unlimited data from the other 3 lines if you go through the entire process. It will still be more than your classic plan though, its $120 a month for services + $20 for your EIP for a grand total of $140 a month.

You'll be better off keeping your classic plan and signing a 2 year contract. Most retailers aren't on the simply choice plans for tmobile, so just find someone who is selling the htc one (walmart, sams, costco, wirefly, etc) and just upgrade that way.
Which I did. I tried to go a Best Buy to try to do a cross upgrade with my dad's line, which they won't even let them do. Apparently T-Mobile don't do cross upgraes and won't let them, either. They told me to try it myself at home, don't activate it when I get the phone, and bring it to them to activate it to prevent my dad's line from getting a data plan. I went home, did a cross upgrade on my dad's line, and ordered the phone. My question is, since T-Mobile doesn't do cross upgrades, will they give me crap about it since I did it anyway at home? Or think I should be fine as long as I play the dumb customer and be like, "Uhh, I didn't know that"

Which I did. I tried to go a Best Buy to try to do a cross upgrade with my dad's line, which they won't even let them do. Apparently T-Mobile don't do cross upgraes and won't let them, either. They told me to try it myself at home, don't activate it when I get the phone, and bring it to them to activate it to prevent my dad's line from getting a data plan. I went home, did a cross upgrade on my dad's line, and ordered the phone. My question is, since T-Mobile doesn't do cross upgrades, will they give me crap about it since I did it anyway at home? Or think I should be fine as long as I play the dumb customer and be like, "Uhh, I didn't know that"

What the hell you talking about? What's a cross upgrade?
Do the upgrade thru your dad lines and then put your sim in their simple.

Yes, and the guy at Best Buy told me if I were to upgrade a line without a data plan to get a phone that requires one, it'll automatically be added on because it's linked. As soon as I activate the phone when I receive it, a data plan will be added onto my dad's line whether my SIM card is in there or not.

Last edited:
I just bought an S4 and it was sold to me without data. I couldn't fathom just why in sam hell their sales associate would do that, but I think your Best Buy contact was selling you dreams bruh. In fact, I just logged on and can select "no data" as an option.

The bottom line is t-mobile only "loses" on people who don't upgrade after they pay off their phone. The added market share probably more than makes up for those individuals.

^Good looking out.

Back to my plan. I got:
$60 for Classic Plan with 1000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends with me and my mom
$20 for my unlimited text and web
$20 for 2 additional lines for my dad and my aunt who lives with us
$100 total

This new plan off of T-Mobile's website:

+
$20 a month to finance my phone
= $200 a month. T-Mobile can go F themselves for this one.

Dude I am sorry but the price you have there of $180 is not correct. The new rate plan for 4 lines to be Unlimited calling and text messaging and 500mb data is $100. THen you add your line for unlimited data of $20, that is now $120, then you add the $20 phone installment. That all totals $140.

I work for t-mobile, you and a bunch of other customers are making it seem way more difficult to figure out a price than it really is.

He doesn't need to sign a contract. If it has been 18months since his last upgrade and he is content on his plan, then he is Bridge to Value eligible. When he gets the phone with the installment plan through t-mobile he will recieve $15 off data and $5 off his voice plan, for a total savings of $20. Then you add on his $20 phone payment, and there isn't even a net increase in his monthly bill.

One of the things that is the funniest to me is the people that seem to have a problem with all the new changes made by T-mobile are people that wouldn't normally be eligible for an upgrade for another year or so. Like why the **** are you complaining when we are giving you the option to buy a phone sooner and possibly save money on your bill. If the plans didn't change and the original upgrade was still there they wouldn't be eligible to buy the phone without paying full price upfront anyways. **** outta here.

Last edited:

He doesn't need to sign a contract. If it has been 18months since his last upgrade and he is content on his plan, then he is Bridge to Value eligible. When he gets the phone with the installment plan through t-mobile he will recieve $15 off data and $5 off his voice plan, for a total savings of $20. Then you add on his $20 phone payment, and there isn't even a net increase in his monthly bill.

One of the things that is the funniest to me is the people that seem to have a problem with all the new changes made by T-mobile are people that wouldn't normally be eligible for an upgrade for another year or so. Like why the **** are you complaining when we are giving you the option to buy a phone sooner and possibly save money on your bill. If the plans didn't change and the original upgrade was still there they wouldn't be eligible to buy the phone without paying full price upfront anyways. **** outta here.
Oh ok, I didn't know anything about bridge to value. nt fam always come through with knowledge.

I want to re-purpose an old 2g iPhone for a webcamera that I can access remotely through my S3. Can anyone shed some light on how to accomplish this in the most convenient and cheapest way possible?

So me and my boy was tinkering around in our back system at ATT

Found an unlimited data rate plan....

We're going to test it out today and see what happens ..

might not be in there too soon seeing as how I have an analyst gig with sabre holdings that starts next Tuesday.

Have a seat, famb.

Lol who cares what you got lined up? Screwing around with people's accounts will get you terminated point blank.

Yes, and the guy at Best Buy told me if I were to upgrade a line without a data plan to get a phone that requires one, it'll automatically be added on because it's linked. As soon as I activate the phone when I receive it, a data plan will be added onto my dad's line whether my SIM card is in there or not.

What he lying b. You can just put the data that they charge if he uses internet and take it off when. You get home

Lol who cares what you got lined up? Screwing around with people's accounts will get you terminated point blan
k.
you act like you're just the end all be all...

Me and my manager were looking at how to restore someone's data plan on a business account...

No one was tinkering ...

Maybe you should ask instead of assuming you wouldn't look like such a dumb *** ... like you always seem so easily to do..

ESPECIALLY in the dressing better thread with them shirts cutting of your circulation.

Have a seat famb ... atop thinking you know everything about everything when it comes to cell phones... you look foolish.

^^ Children please.  Listen to yourselves... 

anyways back on track...  International question.  Can i bring an AT&T phone overseas and pick up a SIM card from one of their carriers to use throughout Europe?

you act like you're just the end all be all...

Me and my manager were looking at how to restore someone's data plan on a business account...

No one was tinkering ...

Maybe you should ask instead of assuming you wouldn't look like such a dumb *** ... like you always seem so easily to do..

ESPECIALLY in the dressing better thread with them shirts cutting of your circulation.

Have a seat famb ... atop thinking you know everything about everything when it comes to cell phones... you look foolish.

lol tell em why you mad Wale. Go slang some HTC First or something.

^^ Children please.  Listen to yourselves... 

anyways back on track...  International question.  Can i bring an AT&T phone overseas and pick up a SIM card from one of their carriers to use throughout Europe?

If its unlocked yea, There should be a Travel Department you can contact to have the device unlocked depending on their policy on that. MAjority if not all of Europe is GSM so you should be good, even though you will more than likely be on 2g/3g most the time.

Back
Top Bottom