• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The hell the checkout system got to do with anything :rofl:

Son tay talking out his *** :lol:

Quit reaching for lulz, dude said it would be a nail in coffin for HTC, I stated does he really think millions of consumers are gonna buy this at that price and how will they buy it if googles checkout system sucks nuts at high volume ie.see every nexus released and the issues people have checking out.

Go wash ya du rag

[COLOR=#red]SO let me get this right...At first y'all were complaining about phones that had OEM skins (Sense, TouchWhiz, etc) and praising the Nexus phones for the "Pure" Android experience...but now a full featured flagship phone will be released with the same "Pure" Android experience and going to have timely updates to the new versions of Android OS and now y'all are complaining??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: sound like a bunch of woman debating about heels.

I'm thinking folks was just thirstin over the Nexus name...on some "I got that new Nexus" type stuff.[/COLOR]

im still on my galaxy nexus for vzw. battery is meh nowadays. and its a little rough around the edges with this 4.2.2 build. could be the stock rom and i could get better responsiveness with a custom rom. my connections SUCK. takes forever sometimes to connect to network when i surface from the subway. yet the stock 4.2.2 appeals to me more than some OEM skin x 20 uninstallable apps joint.

nexus name or not, i cosign the vanilla experience because a stock build is smoother than something with a skin on it imo. the OG droid razr wasn't good until the jelly bean update. most of these phones are super loaded with bs apps you have to sit and manually take care of.

id like to upgade my phone, but big red's lineup is so meh...and i don't want an iphone. idk maybe ill find a custom rom for my nexus and see if things improve. maybe ill buy a fresh battery.

Google i/o was great

Google Music....Sign-up...enjoy...take my money.

GS4 with Pure Android $650 for the price its honestly reasonable for what your getting. It might not have all the bells and whistles that a GS4 with touchwiz has, but touchwiz has TOO MANY BELLS AND WHISTLES. Stock Android is great for people who just prefer stock android and not have to worry about rooting and roming for a nexus experience.

Chrome......As a web dev/designer, Chrome is ahead of its time with the web technologies Google is building for today and the future.

Google Maps Revamp on web and android.....why would you use anything else.

No one is complaining about. Just people were trying to overhype it.

[COLOR=#red]Name one phone with Pure Android that wasn't overhyped though. Comes with the territory, don't act like this is a new thing just because it's a SGSIV. Fact of the matter remains that more than a few people in this forum have clearly stated that even though the Nexus phones were somewhat under-specced compared to the flagship phones that the real advantage was Pure Android...now there's a full featured flagship phone with the Vanilla Experience and peeps are downplaying it...

Notice though the peeps who are downplaying it are on the low HTC stans :lol: Knowing good and well if it were the HTC One that went vanilla they'd be hyping it.

[/COLOR]

Why buy stock android on GS4 for $650 when you can get it on XDA for free?

[COLOR=#red]That's what I've always said, but that never held up when discussing it with the Nexus heads. But hey these will still sell. Not as much as the flagship phones, but then again Pure Android was always somewhat a niche market...even with the Nexus.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Name one phone with Pure Android that wasn't overhyped though. Comes with the territory, don't act like this is a new thing just because it's a SGSIV. Fact of the matter remains that more than a few people in this forum have clearly stated that even though the Nexus phones were somewhat under-specced compared to the flagship phones that the real advantage was Pure Android...now there's a full featured flagship phone with the Vanilla Experience and peeps are downplaying it...

Notice though the peeps who are downplaying it are on the low HTC stans :lol: Knowing good and well if it were the HTC One that went vanilla they'd be hyping it.

[/COLOR]
SGS4 with pure android is good thing. No one is arguing that or downplaying it.
Saying it will kill HTC or other phone companies is overhyping and what people are downplaying, because it won't happen.

"Technology should do the hard work so that people can get on with doing the things that make them the happiest in life"
:smokin

[/COLOR]

lol bruh there arent many Pure Android phones. Nexus One, no hype besides the fact that people thought it was an iPhone killer, Nexus S No Hype, Galaxy Nexus No hype, Nexus 4 ONLY reason it had hype is because it was dirt cheap....and here is the thing IN THE REAL WORLD average person doesnt even know it exist once again NO HYPE. lol Dudes take this internet business to serious. The closest thing to Hype someone can say about a Pure Android phone is you rarely run into issues and if you do you will get an update. Even if the HTC One was the Nexus device nobody is gonna hype it if its 600 bucks and the Nexus 4 is just as good for half the price. All I`m saying is anyone who cops this GS IV just for the Stock android isnt that bright or has money to blow, folks fail to realize that Nexus devices are created with The Developer first in mind not the random joe blow that walks into TMobile asking a sales rep should he get the S4 or he Z10.

[COLOR=#red]Lucky and ssjjrfar,

The way I see it none of the current gen top end android phones are really killing their competitors...they all have their advantages and shortcomings depending on what is important to the individual consumer. I'm just glad to see there are options. I tend to lean towards Samsung I'll admit, but I feel that HTC has the more compelling device this round. I'd get an HTC One if I wasn't being so cheap this round.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Lucky and ssjjrfar,

The way I see it none of the current gen top end android phones are really killing their competitors...they all have their advantages and shortcomings depending on what is important to the individual consumer. I'm just glad to see there are options. I tend to lean towards Samsung I'll admit, but I feel that HTC has the more compelling device this round. I'd get an HTC One if I wasn't being so cheap this round.[/COLOR]

heres the thing. When it comes to Android once someone has been established as 'the top brand" people will buy. I dont think people understand all these phones run the same OS and have the same App store. HTC dropped the ball, and let Samsung snatch their spot, I dont see Samsung becoming a 2nd string android OEM unless they do something super horrendous. The Android game is kind of like Windows PCs, all these joints do the same thing so at the end of the day people will buy based of price they can get the item for or Who ever has the top Brand Name/Image. The market of people that are into Specs is so small that having 30 cores means nothing to the average consumer. Look at Apple they never tell you clock speed and how many cores are in their processors because at the end of the day it doesnt matter.

Let me know how these pictures look. Testing out The One's camera. These are in relatively low light

HDR

Let me know how these pictures look. Testing out The One's camera. These are in relatively low light

HDR

look cool. did you use flash? I went on instagram and looked up the Hashtags for Gs4 and HTC One and the pictures didnt look all that amazing, I like doing that because you cant really go by the pics you see in reviews because avg tech savy person knows how to take a pic. The s4 pics barely looked better than the GS3.

look cool. did you use flash? I went on instagram and looked up the Hashtags for Gs4 and HTC One and the pictures didnt look all that amazing, I like doing that because you cant really go by the pics you see in reviews because avg tech savy person knows how to take a pic. The s4 pics barely looked better than the GS3.
Doesn't Instagram use their own special camera for pictures, and even when you upload from a photo take with your phones camera app, won't it resize/compress it for instagram viewing? Not sure on that 2nd part but I just assumed.

HTC just teased on Twitter than their releasing a One with stock android.

A "Nexus Experience" one would be nice...but sad to say this is false.

Update: Jeff Gordon of HTC just sent us the following message, “HTC is not currently planning a ‘Nexus Edition’ of the HTC One.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom