• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im curious to see how many people will buy the nexus like s4 @ 650.00 over the actual nexus device @ 349/299

cant really lose either way IMO..

Last edited:
Lol you really think millions of consumers are gonna go cop a 650 phone full price on googles crappy checkout system? Oh ok
The point is they are giving people a choice. Some people dont like the fact that the Nexus devices dont have removable batteries or SD slots. 

Those people now have an alternative without having to load a ROM on the device.

The fact that reviewers love the new Sense 5 and how smooth it is I don't see how a Nexus S4 will do anything to hurt HTC .

The point is they are giving people a choice. Some people dont like the fact that the Nexus devices dont have removable batteries or SD slots. 

Those people now have an alternative without having to load a ROM on the device.

The fact that they have option means RIP to other developers? lol

You can buy a HTC First now for $1, and get basically a Nexus device if you turn off Facebook Home.
Nexus 4 is already available for half this new one's price, and it isn't as popular as other phones out there.

The demand for pure android isn't that high in the general population. And even among purist, they will still just root w/e they want.

LOL I'm sorry anyone who drops 650 for an s4 with none of the features that make it an s4 is an idiot. Why would you even do this when come June 25 and after the s4 will be resale for 550 or less on eBay and you can spend 2 seconds and put a pure android launcher or CM On it via root. LOL THE ONLY REASON TO BUY THIS IS FOR HARDWARE. Nexus 4 is quad core with pure android is half the price you mean to tell me a camera and sd card slot is worth the 300 dollar difference? Hell can't you get the unlocked developer HTC one right now for 570? The HTC first full retails for 350 now even that is a better option. I don't see any logical reason to drop 650 on this when the people who like pure android are rooting their devices so it isn't even that big of a deal. Lol google tryna pull a fast one and dudes don't even want to see it

Vanilla android is nice but it doesn't have as much features. I would much rather have the new sense ui. Touchwiz is nice but very buggy and needs a different look. How are you gonna have lag on a 8 core phone?

The fact that reviewers love the new Sense 5 and how smooth it is I don't see how a Nexus S4 will do anything to hurt HTC .

[COLOR=#red]Yeah true....BUT Samsung or the SGS4 doesn't have to "hurt" HTC...they are along with Apple the Alphas of the Smartphone world. Samsung has the momentum from the SGII and SGIII...the SGIV didn't have to be the greatest phone in the world...that will more than likely be addressed with the SGV. HTC on the other hand had no choice but to bring the heat with the HTC One, because relatively they were buried with the One X and One S. For HTC it wasn't about taking the lead...it was more about catching up.

Fact of the matter is the SGSIV with Stock Android is the most powerful stock Android device (right out of the box...rooting/Rom doesn't count) on the market point blank period.

Anyway none of this really truly matters to me anyway...I'm not wasting $$$ on electronics anymore. If it ain't on my corporate discount I ain't buying.[/COLOR]

LOL I'm sorry anyone who drops 650 for an s4 with none of the features that make it an s4 is an idiot. Why would you even do this when come June 25 and after the s4 will be resale for 550 or less on eBay and you can spend 2 seconds and put a pure android launcher or CM On it via root. LOL THE ONLY REASON TO BUY THIS IS FOR HARDWARE. Nexus 4 is quad core with pure android is half the price you mean to tell me a camera and sd card slot is worth the 300 dollar difference? Hell can't you get the unlocked developer HTC one right now for 570? The HTC first full retails for 350 now even that is a better option. [COLOR=#red]I don't see any logical reason to drop 650 on this when the people who like pure android are rooting their devices so it isn't even that big of a deal.[/COLOR] Lol google tryna pull a fast one and dudes don't even want to see it

[COLOR=#red]Thing is there is no LOGIC with any of this crap...regardless of the manufacturer/OEM. Wasting money on a phone every year for incremental at best upgrades is kind of stupid really...but people including myself have and still will do it. We all sheep.[/COLOR]

LOL I'm sorry anyone who drops 650 for an s4 with none of the features that make it an s4 is an idiot. Why would you even do this when come June 25 and after the s4 will be resale for 550 or less on eBay and you can spend 2 seconds and put a pure android launcher or CM On it via root. LOL THE ONLY REASON TO BUY THIS IS FOR HARDWARE. Nexus 4 is quad core with pure android is half the price you mean to tell me a camera and sd card slot is worth the 300 dollar difference? Hell can't you get the unlocked developer HTC one right now for 570? The HTC first full retails for 350 now even that is a better option. I don't see any logical reason to drop 650 on this when the people who like pure android are rooting their devices so it isn't even that big of a deal. Lol google tryna pull a fast one and dudes don't even want to see it
I bought my Note 2  and S4 off contract with Sprint. I guess I am an idiot. I plan on leaving Sprint when my contract is up but I wanted a different phone.

It's nice having a phone without a bunch of pre-installed crapware by the carrier. It's nice getting timely updates. It's nice having stock android without voiding your warranty.

Google released the Google Pixel for $1200 dollar when they have a Samsung Chromebook for $249. Google isn't forcing you to buy either one.

I guess giving customers options is frowned upon.

The fact that they have option means RIP to other developers? lol

You can buy a HTC First now for $1, and get basically a Nexus device if you turn off Facebook Home.
Nexus 4 is already available for half this new one's price, and it isn't as popular as other phones out there.

The demand for pure android isn't that high in the general population. And even among purist, they will still just root w/e they want.
The HTC First has been discontinued because nobody bought it.

The HTC First has been discontinued because nobody bought it.
They dropped the price to a $1 to try and dump inventory, and it has been discontinued.
Did you miss my point that a pure android phone won't be enough drive sales? The point wasn't about buying a HTC First.

Dont really care about the pure android SGIV..........But this gives Dev`s the opportunity to pull that rom and make it flash-able to other Samsung phones, :smile:

The "Nexus" S4 is getting direct android updates. That alone makes it >>>>> the regular S4 (or any other non-nexus phone).

Whether it is worth purchasing over the Nexus 4 is just a question of how much $$ you want to spend.

edit: And, like pacmagic just said, this will hopefully facilitate modding of the non-nexus S4.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]SO let me get this right...At first y'all were complaining about phones that had OEM skins (Sense, TouchWhiz, etc) and praising the Nexus phones for the "Pure" Android experience...but now a full featured flagship phone will be released with the same "Pure" Android experience and going to have timely updates to the new versions of Android OS and now y'all are complaining??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: sound like a bunch of woman debating about heels.

I'm thinking folks was just thirstin over the Nexus name...on some "I got that new Nexus" type stuff.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom