• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really tired of my iPhone and thinking of switching over (to an HTC One or Galaxy). My questions for you guys here..kinda basic but I've never played with an android before.

When you receive a text or picture message, does a preview pop up and can I get directly to the message from the notification screen, or do I have to unlock my phone and THEN go into the message?

How does the keyboard compare with the iOS keyboard?

The only apps I use on a daily basis are:
Blackboard Learn (for school)
Twitter
Instagram
Web browser
Chase Bank
Email
Google Maps
ESPN sports center

I'm just not pleased with Apple anymore. I do simple things on my phone but its like Apple got lazy. If the iPhone 5S/6 doesn't impress, I gotta switch.

Since you're from an iPhone. Cop da One. Perfect in size. Good quality build like an iPhone. Will not disappoint.

And what durty said....

swift key>>> Swype.

im never going nude on my note 2 ever again. dropped it on concrete, screen cracked super ugly.

Thank Based God for the Equipment protection i added weeks ago.

HTC one is dope phone, premium feel, quailty and all. but once i got used to the note 2 screen size aint no going back.

Note 2 battery life>>>

S4 looking good but I still don't see it over the N2. Especially since we will get 4.2.2.

Also, this screen size and battery life is unmatched.

S4 looks good for sure though but I will wait for the N3.

Just in case you guys were wondering how I felt :lol:

[COLOR=#red]Going to have to agree with you on this one...The Note 2 is in many ways still the best phone out. I mean the specs aren't exactly bleeding edge anymore, but the whole package and capabilities are still first class. Heck even the original Note is still a great phone. Anyway I expect the Note 3 to be amazing.[/COLOR]

how so? Mine last me from 6 am -11 pm with very heavy use...ie work email, web browsing, music...just curious not trying to be a jerk about it

Mines last from 5am-10:30pm at best with heavy use.

I feel that's not good enough. SMH @myself. Most ppls notes last round a day and a few hours heavy usage. I don't see how. No complaints tho.

Note 3 is gonna be insane

That's what I'm waiting to see! Physically my S3 is still in pristine condition cause I've had an otter box defender case since day 1 but the battery has gotten atrocious and sometimes Touchwiz randomly shuts down then I have to reset the phone. Trying to hold out for the Note 3...

I disagree, but it is what it is.

Swype has always been more accurate with predictions to me.

Same here. Anything different with the play store's version than the beta?

Nothing major from what I've seen. I've noticed that they've condensed the settings screen a bit, so some of the options are in different places. It synced my dictionary from the beta with no problems, so I was happy about that.

It has been pretty solid with the last few builds, so I guess that it's just easier to go ahead and put it in the Play Store so it's easier to manage/update.

Sooo I know the S4 isn't out yet. But based off the previews and specs, which is the phone to go with, S4 or the HTC One? I've been anticipating the S4 for a while, but the One caught my eye recently. I'm really impressed by the build quality (has a metal finish, while the S4 is made entirely of plastic) and the built in Beats stereo speakers. And the new HTC interface looks neat as well. Which do y'all think is the better device??

Sooo I know the S4 isn't out yet. But based off the previews and specs, which is the phone to go with, S4 or the HTC One? I've been anticipating the S4 for a while, but the One caught my eye recently. I'm really impressed by the build quality (has a metal finish, while the S4 is made entirely of plastic) and the built in Beats stereo speakers. And the new HTC interface looks neat as well. Which do y'all think is the better device??

Join the rest of us man. From what I've read and seen, it all comes down to personal preference.

One
Pros: Amazing build quality/design, great low-light/indoor camera capabilities, great speakers
Cons: Non-replaceable battery, no expandable memory

S4
Pros: replaceable battery, expandable memory
Cons: cheap build quality/design, sub-par low-light/indoor camera capabilities, mediocre speaker

Both come skinned (TouchWiz vs. Sense 5), unique features, 1080p screens, IR blasters.

The one advantage might be the One coming in at a lower price off contract that receives updates straight from HTC, rather than AT&T/T-Mobile

I'm stuck in the same boat myself. Gonna have to handle them and check'em out before I see if they're worth picking up. I might wait until the N3, or next Nexus/X-Phone

I gave in and ordered the One...My MacBook screen just detached itself from the keyboard last night, so I bought the One as a replacement . I have a laptop from work for excel/word. the only thing I do on my home laptop is download music/tv show torrents, and android can do that for me. No more crappy iOS :pimp:

Last edited:

at the end of the day u gotta make the decision urself so go and test them out for urself.

but since i have a one ill tell u what i like and dont like.

the screen is fantastic, i can be outside at noon while its really sunny and read off my screen perfectly fine. the speakers sounds like a mini booombox . the build makes the phone feel very smooth and comfortable in your hand. also the htc blinkfeed is pretty neat because u can use it to just update from different news sources. the camera which i rarely use seems impressive.

people complain about sd card port and removable battery but 1% of those people actually have multiple batteries
notice these are all my opinions and u have to make ur own, so go test out both.

Any Idea when tryng to download the Android Market APK and it says out of sapce even though I have over a gig of internal memory and 32 on the sd? I try installing via CMW and it says installed but nothing shows on the device.

at the end of the day u gotta make the decision urself so go and test them out for urself.

but since i have a one ill tell u what i like and dont like.

the screen is fantastic, i can be outside at noon while its really sunny and read off my screen perfectly fine. the speakers sounds like a mini booombox . the build makes the phone feel very smooth and comfortable in your hand. also the htc blinkfeed is pretty neat because u can use it to just update from different news sources. the camera which i rarely use seems impressive.

people complain about sd card port and removable battery but 1% of those people actually have multiple batteries
notice these are all my opinions and u have to make ur own, so go test out both.

[COLOR=#red]Good stuff thadocta!!...thanks for the hands on mini-review. [/COLOR]

Yea it does come down to preference at the end of the day. Honestly I was leaning more towards the One until I found out that it didn't have removable memory/battery. Which to some people that wouldn't matter but it's kind of a bummer to me cause I happen to be in the 1% of the people who carries an extra battery :lol:. But my real problem is that I have over 1800 songs in my current phone's sd card and and no computer. So idk how I'll transfer all my music and stuff over if I get the One

Damn, looks like the HTC One may have a slight edge over S4. I didn't see that coming.

But yeah,I have always been underwhelmed by Samsung's build quality. As an accounting major, I understand the value of reducing costs but damn these phones feel CHEAP :lol:

Yea it does come down to preference at the end of the day. Honestly I was leaning more towards the One until I found out that it didn't have removable memory/battery. Which to some people that wouldn't matter but it's kind of a bummer to me cause I happen to be in the 1% of the people who carries an extra battery :lol:. But my real problem is that I have over 1800 songs in my current phone's sd card and and no computer. So idk how I'll transfer all my music and stuff over if I get the One

use google music. and u can set it up so as soon as u add a song to itunes it will automatically add the song to ur phone.

default settings for google music dont download the music directly to ur device but u have an option to directly download so u arent dpendent on an internet connection

Back
Top Bottom