• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Join the rest of us man. From what I've read and seen, it all comes down to personal preference.

One
Pros: Amazing build quality/design, great low-light/indoor camera capabilities, great speakers
Cons: Non-replaceable battery, no expandable memory

S4
Pros: replaceable battery, expandable memory
Cons: cheap build quality/design, sub-par low-light/indoor camera capabilities, mediocre speaker

Both come skinned (TouchWiz vs. Sense 5), unique features, 1080p screens, IR blasters.

The one advantage might be the One coming in at a lower price off contract that receives updates straight from HTC, rather than AT&T/T-Mobile

I'm stuck in the same boat myself. Gonna have to handle them and check'em out before I see if they're worth picking up. I might wait until the N3, or next Nexus/X-Phone
have you held the s4?

our regional rep brought one in and it feels nothing like the s3

Damn, looks like the HTC One may have a slight edge over S4. I didn't see that coming.

But yeah,I have always been underwhelmed by Samsung's build quality. As an accounting major, I understand the value of reducing costs but damn these phones feel CHEAP :lol:

Samsung made high quality aluminum phones with their bada line, i don't know why they can't just to do the same for their flagship devices. They are expensive piece of technology. They need to step it up on their high-end galaxy series smartphones.

The HTC ONE Unlocked is looking tempting right, i'll wait to go Goggle i/o if they google themselves were to release an updated N4 in white or support lte.

elaborate please
this may be discounted some coming from me b/c build quality isnt really important on my list...

but the s4 has a far less plasticy feel than the s3.

also, the home button clicks, similar to the home button of an iphone, or a blackberry key.

it had a more refined finish to it, and didnt get the fingerprints like the s3 b/c it wasnt "plasticy"

there's a phone called a pantech discover... it has a back that feels like that.

Last edited:
Ive held the S4 and it feels a bit better than the S3

maybe the anit theft wires added to the weight but it FEELS better.... nice and balanced

have you held the s4?

our regional rep brought one in and it feels nothing like the s3

Well, I guess I was saying relative to some of these other flagship phones (iphone, one, etc.) that have aren't plastic. i haven't held an s4 in my hand so none of this is from personal experience. i will def check out both when i get the chance tho.

my bad :\

Does android have a video editing app that is in any way similar to the iphones version? One of my coworkers filmed edited and published a youtube video and the quality was quite good.and no I'm not talking about trimming, I'm talking about selecting certain parts of the video and being able to rearrange segments.

i played with the one again today. this time in a tmobile store. i tested out the camera and slow motion editing. there was an htc rep there along with a long line of people in tmobile for some reason. I know most of the htc one now just from watching videos. 2 people in line were buying that paperweight p.o.s. iphone5 and by the time i was done showing off the one to everyone they BOTH bought it instead. the htc rep didnt even know the ins and outs of the one. When i started doing the slo-mo editing she asked "O_O wait, howd you do that? even i didnt know it had that!" smh. needless to say, everyone in the store was impressed with the one, including tmobiles clueless workers. back on topic, it worked as advertised with one exception:

the slo-mo was PERFECT. made regular stuff look epic. i had one of the iphone people toss their wallet in the air. then edited it so only the second they released the wallet til the peak of its rise was in slo-mo, then it fell back down in regular speed. apparently nobody in the building knew you could do that (and neither did i till i saw that video a day or 2 ago)

the multiframe capture DID NOT work perfectly. It worked but there was a bug. a kid was running back and forth in the store, so i tried to capture him and do the multiframe. the picture didnt come out right. the last photo of him at the very left of the screen was perfect, but the frames preceding that had half of him only, while the front half was transparent. it looked like a bad cut and paste. so from what i gather, for the multi frame to work you need to catch something in full motion from one side of the screen to the other at the right speed. but i could be wrong.

Where is it $650? I seen it on Amazon for like $899 :smh: no sir.

It's $650 on the HTC website but if you're gonna use it on T-mobile just get one from them. They left out the 1700/2100 MHz bands on the unlocked version both of which are essential to high data speeds on T-mobile.

Here's my situation. i'm still stuck on my HTC Inspire and I'm eligible for an upgrade.

I've been eyeing the GS3 since it released last year and I'm pretty content on it. I use my phone for browsing, social networks, sports updates...nothing out of the ordinary. I'm really not looking to pay too much OOP for a phone, so the upgrade for me to a GS3 is going to cost me

[h2]LG to Introduce Smartphone With Flexible Display in Q4 of 2013[/h2]
by: Tim-o-tato  | posted 04.25.13 | News

In a recent call on LG’s financials, the company’s vice president of mobile, Yoon Bu-hyun gave word that we should start to expect something major from LG. According to Yoon, LG is hard at work to create a smartphone with a flexible OLED display, much like we saw as a  prototype from Samsung during this year’s CES. They even gave us Q4 as their deadline, so start marking those calendars. 

I recall last night on the DL Show  that I mentioned we should pay more attention to LG this year and this basically confirms my statement. It’s good to have as many competitors thrown into the mix of top devices as possible, at least from a consumer’s standpoint.

From what we have seen about flexible displays, does this move in the mobile space interest you at all?

ViaThe Verge  | WSJ

Last edited:
Anybody have best buy protection? If my phone is broken can I get another phone and pay the difference. Really want that one.

Jelly Bean 4.1.1 dropped for the HTC One S today
grin.gif

Kinda confirms that HTC were the ones holding the update for the past few months til after they release the One.

Welp.  Done with that Manufacturer.  On to Samsung or Apple next.  Maybeeee a Nexus.  idk.  The Nexus 4 was pretty underwhelming technologically compared to what they could have done.

Well, I guess I was saying relative to some of these other flagship phones (iphone, one, etc.) that have aren't plastic. i haven't held an s4 in my hand so none of this is from personal experience. i will def check out both when i get the chance tho.

my bad :\
my bad my g...

Went back and read my response and it came off kinda douchey ...

You were right. I had an international version and the ATT version feels plasticy.

my bad my g...

Went back and read my response and it came off kinda douchey ...

You were right. I had an international version and the ATT version feels plasticy.

haha no worries my guy. if I get the s4, I'll just slap a case on it. wifey has an s3 and a nice case that has a good feel to it and doesn't add hardly any weight or thickness (obviously a little width tho).

Back
Top Bottom