Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Credit to dude over on XDA

For N4 stock users if you want to push the update to your phone and not wait, do the following
1) Turn off Location access
2) Clear data of Google Framework(Go to apps)
3) Then go to System Updates

If you dont get it within 5 minutes, restart phone and you should get it... I got it within 2 minutes

Couldnt download it though because it requires wifi access and Im at work :smh: :smh: :smh:

Got the 4.2.2 update today for the N4. Just an under the hood type of update, nothing special but i hope it improves battery life.

I'm hoping for the same, got the update today for my gnex. Battery life has declined since the release of 4.2.

battery life improved significantly although i dont know whether its the update or the fact that i rebooted my phone for the first time in a month.

Last edited:
The Black HTC ONE.....Knock off iphone 5

HTC’s bi-continental launch for its flagship One handset is less than a week away, and while we recently saw the device codenamed M7 in its silver garb, we’re now getting a first look at the black incarnation. There’s no significant new information to accompany the imagery, save for the fact that it seems to once again confirm the final design (complete with unique two-button layout) and the 19th as its debut. It appears to be an American press shot, as opposed to the silver version’s, which displayed London as the city.

According to recent rumors, the HTC One should launch on all four major US carriers, although not simultaneously: according to HTC Source, Verizon will release its One later than its three competitors, tipped for March 22nd. However, pricing should supposedly remain consistent across all operators: $300 for 64GB capacity and $200 for 32GB, with the other specs (4.7-inch full HD display, 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon) remaining unchanged.

I put that "KNOCK OFF Iphone 5" title. wth is HTC doing? :smh: the damm edges look just like the ip5 and the new sense looking like windows phone 7 tiles :x This is the type of s**t I dont like.

Last edited:
home button on the right :smh:
at least they offer a 64gb version

The carrier logo might go where the "HTC" logo is. :smh: :smh: Verizon is ready to jizz right in there with that stupid logo.

Samsung is gonna smack them silly with the S4 just how they did with the S3 to compete against with the ONE X.

Last edited:
NOte 2 owners, I just picked up my Note 2 yesterday. Let it charge all night. Took it off the charger At 6:30am. At 10:30am, my battery is down to 80%. Ive barely used it today. Checked facebook, instagram etc. Any tips?

For N4 stock users if you want to push the update to your phone and not wait, do the following

If you dont get it within 5 minutes, restart phone and you should get it... I got it within 2 minutes

Couldnt download it though because it requires wifi access and Im at work :smh: :smh: :smh:

I have to be doing it wrong, because mine is still saying it's up to date.

The Black HTC ONE.....Knock off iphone 5

I put that "KNOCK OFF Iphone 5" title. wth is HTC doing? :smh: the damm edges look just like the ip5 and the new sense looking like windows phone 7 tiles :x This is the type of s**t I dont like.
they buggin...

that one x and one x+ are really dope phones...

i always thought the one x >>> galaxy s3

they buggin...

that one x and one x+ are really dope phones...

i always thought the one x >>> galaxy s3

I actually like the One X, the design is unique in its own way. However HTC missed a perfect opportunity by only releasing the ONE X to At&t and Samsung took the advantage by having one design spread out across each major carrier. HTC chopped and screwed their design by coming out with the one s, evo lte. If they just had that "ONE" flagship design like the S3, it would be successful. But Samsung does have the marketing $$$ to invest in putting their ads anywhere they can.

we shall who will the flagship king of the year come spring/summer time.

I have to be doing it wrong, because mine is still saying it's up to date.

That method doesn't work all the time. I did this method the last few days and didn't get my update until yesterday and i didn't even clear the framework data. I just randomly checked yesterday during the day and i got the update.

That method doesn't work all the time. I did this method the last few days and didn't get my update until yesterday and i didn't even clear the framework data. I just randomly checked yesterday during the day and i got the update.

Yea it didnt work for others as well from what I was reading on xda... When I did the first two steps, and then went to check for the update... It said "last updated 12/31/1969" :lol:

Make sure you clear the data all the way down to 0... If it doesn't work then you might just have to wait, sorry

Ubuntu Developer Preview for Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus arrives February 21st

As was promised, enthusiasts and developers will be able to flash Ubuntu onto their Galaxy Nexus' before the end of the month. Canonical has announced that the Developer Preview of the new operating system will be released on February 21st. The surprise, however, is that the company has added support for the Nexus 4, and users with the latest Nexus phone will be able to download and flash Ubuntu onto their devices on the 21st as well. Additionally, the source code for the operating system and the tools needed to flash phones will come out on that date.

We used the mobile version of Ubuntu on a Galaxy Nexus last month when it was first announced, and we found the gesture-heavy operating system attractive and unique — if a bit sluggish. The first phone designed for Ubuntu will come out this October, but Canonical is making sure to get the operating system into developers' hands early to secure as many apps as possible before that date.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/15/3...nexus-4-galaxy-nexus-release-date-february-21

Cool. As a user of Ubuntu the past few years, I'm excited at the idea. It won't be a revolutionary OS or catch on to the mainstream, but great for the fans of Ubuntu or anyone wanting to try something new.

will be trying this in a bit :nerd:

I can't update any of my apps or download any new apps. Keep getting an error. Error retrieving information from server.

Also Google + keeps saying it can't load data

My phone is a gnex on 4.2.2

Got some random T-mobile Galaxy S3 update the other day, not sure what's changed though.
Besides my battery charging slower :lol:

N4 users, which method are you guys using to root? I see the toolkit on xda is very popular, would that be the best way to go? I'm on 4.2.2 stock

NOte 2 owners, I just picked up my Note 2 yesterday. Let it charge all night. Took it off the charger At 6:30am. At 10:30am, my battery is down to 80%. Ive barely used it today. Checked facebook, instagram etc. Any tips?

Mines is the same. You gotta wait for an update to fix the issues.
The most recent update effed all that up. I could go 2 days of one battery. Now.....:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom