• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a question about updating the OS.
I have an international version of the GS3 (i9300XXELJ2) and I'm currently on 4.1.1.
Since it's rooted (on Paranoid Android) I can't update over the phone or via Kies correct?

You can update Paranoid Android Rom, if there is 4.2 rom out there for your phone.

But if you want 4.2 touchwiz stock OS that shipped with your phone your gonna have to revert your phone back to stock touchwiz.

There is a 4.1.2 version. I downloaded the 4.1.1 version because that's the version my phone is right now.

lol at 2300mah battery and no expandable storage

For a 4.7 inch phone 2300 isn't bad. GSM galaxy nexus i believe is only 1700mah and it's got pretty good battery life. If they can optimize the software 2300 should last awhile.

its not about the 4.7 its about the pixels in the 1080p display that are gunna be eating the battery.

what do u guys use to watch large movie files?

i use mx player but lately its been stuttering every 30 secs but when i play it on my computer the vid plays smoothly, so either i have to tweak the settings or use another video player

try switching launchers on your Nexus 7...Nova runs really well if you change the animation and scroll speed to Fast or Fastest

try switching launchers on your Nexus 7...Nova runs really well if you change the animation and scroll speed to Fast or Fastest

Thanks for the tip will try that now. Chrome is a bit laggy may try a different browser. The nexus 4 is so smooth the 7 has some hiccups.

Thanks for the tip will try that now. Chrome is a bit laggy may try a different browser. The nexus 4 is so smooth the 7 has some hiccups.

:x :x just soft bricked my phone and i had no idea why. figured out i was using an old kernal. cwm wouldn't let me mount my phone to push a new kernal on so i had to use heimdall to put it on with a .tar finally got it fixed after an hour.

just got a new sgs2 today from asurion, first time i rooted a phone since the mytouch 4g. got it working though. now to put on cm or paranoid. :pimp:

went with cm10. i don't get what google now is? just like siri ?

Last edited:
How do I change the location of the cwm backup? I don't have a SD card so it won't let me back up my phone.

So I think its a wrap for my phone(S2). It keeps rebooting without getting passed the Samsung logo part of the boot up. Checked craigslist for a replacement and S2 and S3's going for so much.

Is there not a way to disable the shutter sound on the Note 2 camera? :nthat:

I researched that myself. I read that the option isn't available in order to discourage sneak photos.

[h2]More Sony Xperia Z leaks show off an apparent promo video confirming full HD display[/h2]

By Richard Devine   | Jan 04 2013 | 8:17 pm  | 5 COMMENTS

yuga_pres_10.jpg

Sony device leaks are nothing new, and indeed we've recently seen plenty of the forthcoming Xperia Z. The device, known as Yuga for some time, is expected to be unveiled officially next week during Sony's CES  press event in Las Vegas. We've already seen some leaked photos of the device, swiftly followed by leaked press renders. Now, we're treated to a series of slides obtained by ePrice that appear to be from some form of promo video. 

We're expecting from the leaks and rumors seen thus far that the Xperia Z will be a 5 inch, 1080p device. What we're seeing here most definitely backs that up -- well, the 1080p part at least. Other slides make mention of the "skeleton frame structure" giving a good look at the sides and back of the device. In short -- it looks nice. It looks really nice. 

The 13MP Exmor RS camera is also mentioned, and it looks to have fast capture and HDR on board for videos as well as pictures. And, like some of Sony's 2012 Xperia devices, the Xperia Z is also water resistant. 

We've got a pretty good picture by now of what the Xperia Z is all about, but needless to say, Android Central will be live from Sony's press conference to bring it all to you as it happens.

I love Sony's hardware design.  They'd be a heavy hitter if they had better software and faster updates though  
mean.gif

[h2]
More Sony Xperia Z leaks show off an apparent promo video confirming full HD display
[/h2]

By Richard Devine
  | Jan 04 2013 | 8:17 pm  | 5 COMMENTS

yuga_pres_10.jpg

Sony device leaks are nothing new, and indeed we've recently seen plenty of the forthcoming Xperia Z. The device, known as Yuga for some time, is expected to be unveiled officially next week during Sony's CES
 press event in Las Vegas. We've already seen some leaked photos of the device
, swiftly followed by leaked press renders
. Now, we're treated to a series of slides obtained by ePrice that appear to be from some form of promo video. 

We're expecting from the leaks and rumors seen thus far that the Xperia Z will be a 5 inch, 1080p device. What we're seeing here most definitely backs that up -- well, the 1080p part at least. Other slides make mention of the "skeleton frame structure" giving a good look at the sides and back of the device. In short -- it looks nice. It looks really nice. 

The 13MP Exmor RS camera is also mentioned, and it looks to have fast capture and HDR on board for videos as well as pictures. And, like some of Sony's 2012 Xperia devices, the Xperia Z is also water resistant. 

We've got a pretty good picture by now of what the Xperia Z is all about, but needless to say, Android Central will be live from Sony's press conference to bring it all to you as it happens.

I love Sony's hardware design.  They'd be a heavy hitter if they had better software and faster updates though 
mean.gif

Can't wait to see this.

^^ It is dope, I want that picture of the lion.

I got my HTC Sensation rooted and running ViperS rom but now my damn wifi doesn;t work. I should have just left the phone on stock ice cream for a while, this is more work than its worth honestly. Mostly because Im not a very good programmer. I keep messing up the simplest actions. Vent S-Off.

Back
Top Bottom