Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been team iPhone for 12 hours.
Selling that **** and copping the Note 2.
Can't believe I tried it.

Yeah IOS is extremely underwhelming after using Android. Used iphones for three years and have no idea how i went that long before making the switch.

Pros

1. I use Gmail a lot and it's infinitely better integrated into Android

2. Like the way the notification panel works on Android.

3. Its hard for me to type on such a small screen.

I will say the apps like Rhapsody, my fantasy football app and what not run smoother but its not night and day.

Last edited:
I thought about trying it too and I will cop one eventually. I like trying different makers and systems and judging for myself. I just felt like the 5 wasn't the one to take a chance on.

the one things i love about the iphone that android is missing is the music integration

on my note 2 stock i cant see album cover from the lock screen or change the song.

and the iphone music interface is so smooth and looks nice. google tried too hard to make theirs and its not nice too look at.

hopefully they improve this soon

Trying to decide if I'm going to keep this icon pack/wallpaper combo, sometimes the bright colors and simple icons make it look childish. But it also looks pretty cool. Loving the functionality of the Apex launcher. Swipe up to launch app drawer and swipe down to default screens makes navigation so simple.

Make that wallpaper a solid color, grey, black or white will make it better.
Too many colors flying round.

How many phones do you have¿
It seems like you hop between a few of them. :lol:

So far 5 this year. Ill wait til da Nexus is widely available next year and ill cop that too. :pimp:

@JEWSEEJAY ive learn to deal with TW. But its gonna get rooted and ROMd anyway.

TW features > Sense but Overall, Sense > TW

the one things i love about the iphone that android is missing is the music integration
on my note 2 stock i cant see album cover from the lock screen or change the song.
and the iphone music interface is so smooth and looks nice. google tried too hard to make theirs and its not nice too look at.
what app are you using? I use Google play music and I can do all of things that you mentioned

Trying to decide if I'm going to keep this icon pack/wallpaper combo, sometimes the bright colors and simple icons make it look childish. But it also looks pretty cool. Loving the functionality of the Apex launcher. Swipe up to launch app drawer and swipe down to default screens makes navigation so simple.

info on icons papi :nerd:

Try using "Play Music" instead of "Music Player". When you get into "Play Music" press the button next the home button and select "on device only" so it won't use data trying to stream Google Music.

As long as Play Music is open you should be able to pause, play, skip track from the pattern-to-unlock screen.

This should work, at least it does on my S3.

I had the 5 for a week and a half and couldn't do it. I tried to be "adventurous," lol. Waiting a damn month and everything for that thing. Exchanged it for a S3 and that's the best decision I could have ever made.

I know I'm late but just updated my S3 to Jelly Bean last night.

S3 > :smokin :smokin

So smooth and responsive. The new Google Now function attached to the Google Search widget is a bit annoying at times but certainly appreciate the up to date news and information. Haven't played with it too much so far but the smoother UI was immediately noted.

How long does Google typical keep their phones updated? I know my S1 only got one update but hopefully they changed.

I know I'm late but just updated my S3 to Jelly Bean last night.

S3 > :smokin :smokin

So smooth and responsive. The new Google Now function attached to the Google Search widget is a bit annoying at times but certainly appreciate the up to date news and information. Haven't played with it too much so far but the smoother UI was immediately noted.

How long does Google typical keep their phones updated? I know my S1 only got one update but hopefully they changed.

It really depends on the phone. You know the Nexus phones will have the most updates, but because of whatever the makers(Samsung, HTC, etc.) put on top of the Android UI and phone carrier's restrictions/guidelines, it's hard to push updates through.

I have been messing with JB lady's S3, and it's pretty damn sexy. I'm between that and the N4 for the next phone. I'm leaning more toward Nexus right now.

Last edited:
Just installed the Cyanogen10 rom on my GS3 :smokin... No more bloatware, pure vanilla android. The led mod is pretty awesome and speed is amazing. No more TW :D.

Also has anyone installed the HTC Beats Audio drivers on their phone yet?

Last edited:
what app are you using? I use Google play music and I can do all of things that you mentioned

the normal play music app

Try using "Play Music" instead of "Music Player". When you get into "Play Music" press the button next the home button and select "on device only" so it won't use data trying to stream Google Music.

As long as Play Music is open you should be able to pause, play, skip track from the pattern-to-unlock screen.

This should work, at least it does on my S3.

i do and it doesnt show up on the note 2 lock screen. i also bought the mx player app for music but it doesnt do that either but i like it more than the google app

How does Google Play Music make up these random playlists!? The have been legit so far :lol:. Got me listening to music that I didn't even know I had

I had a note 2 and it was working for me. I am not sure of I was on the stock lock screen or widget locker tho

I had a note 2 and it was working for me. I am not sure of I was on the stock lock screen or widget locker tho

im on stock nd it doesnt show so u prolly had widget locker tho.

what roms u guys using? im stock right now but thinking of getting paranoid android but at the same time dont wanna lose any spen features

Back
Top Bottom