• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok so my mom is eligible for an upgrade which she does not want cause she is planning to leave Sprint. If I use her upgrade to get the GS3 is there anyway she can drop off the plan without being hit with the early termination fee?

Nope. Once you upgrade her line to a new phone you extended for another 2 year contract. Sprint is not gonna sell you a phone $50 and just let you leave without paying a termination fee. They deeply discounted the phone for you to stay on their network and pay $80+ a month.

So my girl is trying to get the GS3 on Sprint for the Black Friday price, but they have told her that she couldn't upgrade because she's 39 days from an upgrade. That doesn't make sense to me that just because she's a month out that they won't let her get it. It's not like she's a year out. She's fine with signing another contract, but they're going to make her wait until January when the price will for sure be more than $50.
Could any one help explaining this??

Try calling sprint and see if they will do it over the phone. If they say no ask to speak to retentions and tell them that you plan on leaving after your contract is up. They will probably give in and give your girl the upgrade price early.

This worked!! Thanks a lot!!

Repped.

Last edited:
yea your math is wrong bro. PST is -3 of EST, so you ordered 9:04 PST, 21 minutes after mine.
i would never get the note 2. damn thang is huge.
s3, i havent played with it enough, so i have no idea.
i'm just disappointed that after 2.5 years, there wasn't as big of a performance difference as i expected compared to my SGS1. then again, i had JB running on the SGS1 smoothly, so software wise they're pretty much identical.

HAHAHA yeah just saw that.

What a dumb ***. Brain fart from frustration. Still glad you got yours though.

STILL no info from google on mine. Closing in on Week 2.

Luckily i was able to snag a few pairs of IV's today so I can't complain too much.

If this does work here in the states I'll consider switching from simple mobile to strait talk with the att sim. Does the strait talk plan have lte or is it limited to 3g hspa? Can anyone with a att strait talk sim and a lte phone chime in on the speeds theyre getting?

Straight talk is only limited to 3G HSPA, doesn't get LTE cause the sim is not LTE supported. Now if you have LTE A&TT sim things may just work :nerd:. I'm hearing xda dudes are looking into the Optimus G for att cause that has LTE support and might be finding ways to get it supported for the N4 with some hackery.

*still sitting and waiting for all this N4 fiasco to fizzle out* I want to get one in peace and a white verison :nerd:

Is there a way to override my upgrade? I'm with AT&T and I tried getting a S3 at Best Buy and I'd have to buy it at the 799.99 price because I'm not eligible till January 13. What can I say to Customer Service to let them override it?

Last edited:
Straight talk is only limited to 3G HSPA, doesn't get LTE cause the sim is not LTE supported. Now if you have LTE A&TT sim things may just work :nerd:. I'm hearing xda dudes are looking into the Optimus G for att cause that has LTE support and might be finding ways to get it supported for the N4 with some hackery.
*still sitting and waiting for all this N4 fiasco to fizzle out* I want to get one in peace and a white verison :nerd:

Thanks man, I'll just stick with simple mobile. Speeds are good enough

I hear you on a white n4, i hope theyll make one

I played with the DNA today, it was underwhelming. Just a larger version of my thunderbolt. Screen didn't even feel like it was that much larger.

It's not like many companies make drastic changes from one model to the next. Phone designs are pretty boring now. Samsung and Nokia at least try to mix it up. Here's an old pic but it's still pretty funny. I'd like to see physical keyboards make a comeback in a decade from now.

Damn. I always hear how it takes forever for Samsung to get updates.

It's AT&T not Samsung. Sprint S3's have had JB for about a month now.

And Samsung really isn't THAT slow with the updates considering the S3 was the first non-nexus phone in the US to get JB.

You wan't slow updates, try LG :lol:

It's not like many companies make drastic changes from one model to the next. Phone designs are pretty boring now. Samsung and Nokia at least try to mix it up. Here's an old pic but it's still pretty funny. I'd like to see physical keyboards make a comeback in a decade from now.

:lol: dat pic

Last edited:
The Samsung stratosphere ii came out a few. Days out. Its a good phone with a keyboard

Back
Top Bottom