• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Launchers changes the look and functionality of the homescreen and the app drawer. Homescreens can have animations when you swipe from screen to screen, and you can change your docks as well. You can also add any particular number of homescreens you want. You can change how you scroll your App drawer and sorting it out. Its definitely more options than a regular stock launcher.

Oh ok I get it. Nice. I'll have to check that out in a month when/if I get my nexus 4 in the mail. lol.

Called T-Mobile yesterday, they're completely out of stock as well. And Im not due for an upgrade so I'd hav eto pay full retail for the phone anyhow.

Rock and a hard place.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 TO HAVE 5 INCH 1080P DISPLAY, 13 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA? [RUMOR]
posted on Nov 20th 2012 by Quentyn Kennemer
Share This Story

While the Samsung Galaxy S3 has captured the interests of many for the long haul it’s no secret Samsung is beginning to look ahead to its next wonderful creation. The Samsung Galaxy S4 looks to take things to heights even Samsung has yet to reach. Latest rumors suggest Samsung will be putting some ridiculous hardware inside this thing, and there’s no reason to believe they won’t.
For starters, that 4.99 inch Super AMOLED HD display we’ve been hearing about is said to be one of many main attractions inside this thing. The display will sport 1080p resolution which should make for 441 pixels per inch. For comparison’s sake, the Samsung Galaxy S3 had a 4.8 inch 720p HD display. As beautiful as it looks, this new display should blow it straight out of the water.

Another key spec is the rumored 13MP camera. While 13MP sensors in smartphones are nothing new it will be interesting to see how Samsung’s particular line of sensors have evolved. More megapixels don’t always mean better quality, but we’d be surprised to see Samsung not improving on the sensor overall.
For the chipset, the S4 is said to have Samsung’s Exynos Adonis chipset, a 28nm solution based on the ARM Cortex-A15 specification that should bring pretty much the best smartphone performance we’ve seen yet. Gains will be had in sheer performance, obviously, but power consumption should also be a major factor as the 28nm process should make for better power efficiency.
Korean site Asiae says we should expect this thing to be announced as soon as CES, a very strange change of pace for Samsung considering we usually don’t see the next evolution of the Galaxy S line until Mobile World Congress. We’re not complaining, though. Us folks in the US are especially grateful to see an earlier release considering we tend to get devices a month or two late. This is all a rumor, though, so if every bit of it doesn’t pan out don’t get too angry at us or Samsung. And the wait begins…
[via Unwired View]

Sounds like whatever hype their was around the HTC DNA will be VERY short lived.

Samsung not trying to give up their top spot at all :lol:
not if they are unable to produce the displays

No offense to you at all, I'm glad you got yours but thats utter BS.
My order went through at 12: 04 Est, so 8:04 PST, FORTY minutes before yours and I'm in limbo AND none of my 16gb orders went through.
Google is losing points by me every second. If I wasn't saving 1200 bucks in phone bills this year alone by switching to their phone I would have already done cancelled.

Actually, his order went through before yours cause his is pacific timezone. So it actually went through at 11:43 in your timezone. At least you were able to get an order. I added it to cart around 8:50 pst and it wouldn't let me go through at all.

Called T-Mobile yesterday, they're completely out of stock as well. And Im not due for an upgrade so I'd hav eto pay full retail for the phone anyhow.

Rock and a hard place.

Not really, sounds like a pretty easy decision to me. Just buy from google when they have them in stock. Why drop $500 buying from tmobile when you can get a 16gb for $350 directly from google already unlocked. Use it until your contract runs out then go prepaid.

Sold out copped an iPhone 5 I figure I'll use it until I can get some more hands on time with the Note 2 and see the return rates on the DNA

what lauchers is everyone using?
im thinkin about using ADW :nerd:

Apex Launcher Pro :smokin
ADW effed up with that update, it's not the same anymore. left that for Apex.

Just picked up the Droid Razr M for 1 cent on Amazon, might be a good option for someone looking for a cheap, decently powerful Jelly Bean phone.

No offense to you at all, I'm glad you got yours but thats utter BS.
My order went through at 12: 04 Est, so 8:04 PST, FORTY minutes before yours and I'm in limbo AND none of my 16gb orders went through.
Google is losing points by me every second. If I wasn't saving 1200 bucks in phone bills this year alone by switching to their phone I would have already done cancelled.

Actually, his order went through before yours cause his is pacific timezone. So it actually went through at 11:43 in your timezone. At least you were able to get an order. I added it to cart around 8:50 pst and it wouldn't let me go through at all.

yea your math is wrong bro. PST is -3 of EST, so you ordered 9:04 PST, 21 minutes after mine.

coming from an SGS1 (yes the first galaxy s), i'm not that impressed with the nexus 4 after playing with it for 12 hours. :\

what are you opinions on the s3/note 2 then? :lol:

i would never get the note 2. damn thang is huge.

s3, i havent played with it enough, so i have no idea.

i'm just disappointed that after 2.5 years, there wasn't as big of a performance difference as i expected compared to my SGS1. then again, i had JB running on the SGS1 smoothly, so software wise they're pretty much identical.

Last edited:
Quick question.

If the rom I have has an update, is there anyway I can save my interface before I update instead of having to redo everything after I update the rom?

Quick question.
If the rom I have has an update, is there anyway I can save my interface before I update instead of having to redo everything after I update the rom?
If your rom has an update you can just dirty flash it over the older version no need to wipe anything.

Just joined the dark side from an iphone 5. Im into jailbreaking but I want to know what there is to do when you root your phone. I have a galaxy note 2 and Im loving it so far. Anyone know if you can change predictive text to auto correct? And is there anyway to change the S voice to be activated by holding down the home button? Can I change the multitasking to be activated by double clicking the home button?

Also anyone know if I can add visual voicemail to the phone app instead of it being on a separate at&t visual voicemail app?

Not really, sounds like a pretty easy decision to me. Just buy from google when they have them in stock. Why drop $500 buying from tmobile when you can get a 16gb for $350 directly from google already unlocked. Use it until your contract runs out then go prepaid.
But Im hearing they won't be restocked until January. That's along way away.

So my girl is trying to get the GS3 on Sprint for the Black Friday price, but they have told her that she couldn't upgrade because she's 39 days from an upgrade. That doesn't make sense to me that just because she's a month out that they won't let her get it. It's not like she's a year out. She's fine with signing another contract, but they're going to make her wait until January when the price will for sure be more than $50.

Could any one help explaining this??

I haven't heard anyone in here talking about the Razr Maxx HD. The reviews say its a very very solid phone. Anyone in here have one? Thoughts?

So my girl is trying to get the GS3 on Sprint for the Black Friday price, but they have told her that she couldn't upgrade because she's 39 days from an upgrade. That doesn't make sense to me that just because she's a month out that they won't let her get it. It's not like she's a year out. She's fine with signing another contract, but they're going to make her wait until January when the price will for sure be more than $50.
Could any one help explaining this??

Try calling sprint and see if they will do it over the phone. If they say no ask to speak to retentions and tell them that you plan on leaving after your contract is up. They will probably give in and give your girl the upgrade price early.

I haven't heard anyone in here talking about the Razr Maxx HD. The reviews say its a very very solid phone. Anyone in here have one? Thoughts?

Because they belong in the garbage.

And as for the Sprint thing. She minus whale chalk up that L cuz they aren't going to do anything bout a contract 30 days left before upgrade. Same **** happened to me.

Because they belong in the garbage.

And as for the Sprint thing. She minus whale chalk up that L cuz they aren't going to do anything bout a contract 30 days left before upgrade. Same **** happened to me.

That's what they said too! Since it's so close, then they can't do anything. I don't get it.

finally decided to try out stock 4.2 on the N7 & it runs smoother than some of the customs that I was running overclocked. Think I'll be sticking with this for a while :smokin.

Nexus 4 shown working with LTE after simple tweak

Some enterprising tinkerers on the XDA Developers forums are demonstrating that despite the lack of a working signal amplifier and filter in LG’s Nexus 4, it’s still possible to force the phone onto an LTE network from the phone’s debugging menu — at least on LTE band 4 (1700MHz and 2100MHz) on Canadian carriers Telus and Rogers.

Last week, Anandtech reported that "Band 4 (AWS) could essentially be supported with the power amplifiers and transceiver that already are onboard the Nexus 4, but again it ultimately comes down to a particular OEM choice whether these get supported." As we've written previously, getting LTE support across multiple carriers across the US and internationally is a minefield, which is why Google chose not to include support for multiple LTE bands on the Nexus 4.

Turning back to the US, AT&T is licensed to operate on Band 4 (Verizon uses the incompatible Band 13), which holds some promise for getting things to work south of the border — eventually. While we are able to activate the LTE option on our AT&T Nexus 4, it's unable to acquire the network, albeit in a market almost certainly covered by Band 17. There's also a whole separate issue — just because the phone "works" on LTE there are no guarantees about performance or reliability without optimization on the carrier side, which the Nexus 4 presumably hasn't received. The story is evolving, and we'll keep you updated as soon as we hear something new.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/23/3681450/nexus-4-band-4-lte-support

:wow: :wow: LET'S HOPE THIS WORKS HERE IN THE STATES!

Ok so my mom is eligible for an upgrade which she does not want cause she is planning to leave Sprint. If I use her upgrade to get the GS3 is there anyway she can drop off the plan without being hit with the early termination fee?

Back
Top Bottom