• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4.2 on my Galaxy Nexus has killed my battery life. I used to get average battery life, now it has turned downright poor. I have turned off gps and other things, but eben without using the phone the battery drops like 20% an hour on standby alone. When I play a game or watch a vid on youtube...... forget about it. This problem was not present in 4.1
just ordered a 3800 maH battery off ebay. Hopefully this solves the problem or Im gonna need a new phone :smh:

Strange, my gnex battery has stayed the same with 4.2.

Any one having problems making calls on Verizon right now? I try to make a call and it doesn't even ring just hangs up after 4-5 seconds...Galaxy S3

Edit:

Never mind just had to delete the phone info app. Guess it was messing with my signal :smh:

Last edited:
Nexus 4 owners, what are your thoughts on the camera?

After a few days of taking pics in different scenarios, I have to say that I'm pretty underwhelmed w/ the performance.  For a "cheap" device, I didn't expect industry-leading photo quality.  But man, a lot of these pics are just plain bad looking.  

With a better shooter, this would literally be a dream device for me.  feelsbadman.jpg

4.2 on my Galaxy Nexus has killed my battery life. I used to get average battery life, now it has turned downright poor. I have turned off gps and other things, but eben without using the phone the battery drops like 20% an hour on standby alone. When I play a game or watch a vid on youtube...... forget about it. This problem was not present in 4.1
just ordered a 3800 maH battery off ebay. Hopefully this solves the problem or Im gonna need a new phone :smh:

Same here man, its down right terrible

I heard "GOogle Now" is a big battery drain. Turn that off and see if it helps.

Its actually location services which Google now needs to function.

I just loaded a 4.2 ROM (Jelly belly) on my vzw gnex. I like it. Not sure about battery life performance. But its not terrible and I use Google now a lot.

Anyone get any updates on their Nexus 4 orders?

I tried to change mine to a 16 last night and they said I'd lose my place in line so I said F it.

They still have no time frame AT ALL.

I actually got someone who was pretty helpful. He was just grateful I wasn't cursing him up and down like his last caller. He said the employees don't know anything either. Basically as soon as the know, we'll probably know.

I tried to change mine to a 16 last night and they said I'd lose my place in line so I said F it.
I actually got someone who was pretty helpful. He was just grateful I wasn't cursing him up and down like his last caller. He said the employees don't know anything either. Basically as soon as the know, we'll probably know.
Bro, my 8gb Nexus 4 was on backorder. I just got back home from meeting up with someone off Craigslist. He sold me his extra 8gb Nexus 4 for $400 flat. I just now cancelled my backordered 8gb Nexus 4. It got to a point that i was losing patience so I just hit up Craigslist to see whats out there and luckily found one for a good price.

Good luck to you bro

Nexus 4 owners, what are your thoughts on the camera?

After a few days of taking pics in different scenarios, I have to say that I'm pretty underwhelmed w/ the performance.  For a "cheap" device, I didn't expect industry-leading photo quality.  But man, a lot of these pics are just plain bad looking.  

With a better shooter, this would literally be a dream device for me.  feelsbadman.jpg

I agree its not the best cam but its good enough for me.

Any of you guys with the Galaxy S3 have any ROMS installed? Whats a good Rom to install and get rid of all this bloatware from T-Mobile?

The official nexus 4 bumper looks amazing!

Any gnex owners on 4.2 having this problem?

On the new lock screen you have the option to flick over to the widget screen where you can add widgets or to the right for the camera. If I want to get to either of those I have to flick hard at least 4 or 5 times to get to them. Its pretty annoying and doesnt do this on my girls n7

mine came in this morning.

16gb ordered at 8:43pst

Any gnex owners on 4.2 having this problem?
On the new lock screen you have the option to flick over to the widget screen where you can add widgets or to the right for the camera. If I want to get to either of those I have to flick hard at least 4 or 5 times to get to them. Its pretty annoying and doesnt do this on my girls n7

I don't have this issue with my gnex.

Had some hands on time with the DNA today, a little disappointing.

Camera is nice, screen is fire.

Physical buttons suck and I'm just not a big fan of Sense. My biggest issue is the delay on Navigation. My Razr HD is instantaneous with it, a premium Android device should offer that.

I still may grab it because its so cheap and if I don't like I'll sell it but I told myself the next phone I cop will bet my last for a while so I dunno.

Physical buttons suck and I'm just not a big fan of Sense. My biggest issue is the delay on Navigation. My Razr HD is instantaneous with it, a premium Android device should offer that.
I still may grab it because its so cheap and if I don't like I'll sell it but I told myself the next phone I cop will bet my last for a while so I dunno.

get the Note 2 or if you can wait, wait till spring see what the GS4 hit on

I'd grab the Note 2 easily over the DNA.

Back
Top Bottom