• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you guys think the development on the AT&T LG Optimus G will be like? Do you think it'll be officially supported by AOKP or Cyanogenmod? Also, does anyone know how the auto updater on Cyanogenmod works and how good it is?
Edit: Just found out that the bootloader is locked. Guess the development won't be too great. What do you guys think of purchasing the GSIII now? Would it be a waste?
I need something easily rootable and romable so locked bootloaders won't help me out.

Nexus 4.

Definitely stopping my VZW service.  Just ditched the iPhone 5, about to pay the ETF soon and cop a Nexus 4 + $30 Monthly4G prepaid from T-Mo 
smokin.gif

What do you guys think the development on the AT&T LG Optimus G will be like? Do you think it'll be officially supported by AOKP or Cyanogenmod? Also, does anyone know how the auto updater on Cyanogenmod works and how good it is?

Edit: Just found out that the bootloader is locked. Guess the development won't be too great. What do you guys think of purchasing the GSIII now? Would it be a waste?

I need something easily rootable and romable so locked bootloaders won't help me out.

why would buying a GS3 be a waste? if you're buying it on contract, you can find it for $99 new or $50 refurb'd. it's rumored that the GS4 won't be out til summer. if you can wait til then, then by all means.

No they don't send you a bill, you have to login to your account every month and pay it or you can set it up where it auto deducts the monthly amount from your credit card. Might be the best way so you don't forget to pay it every month. Check out straight talk also, $45 a month for unlimited everything. Although it is a bit misleading since unlimited data i heard is only about 2gb's per month. Cheaper alternative than going with t-mobile's $60 plan. When you go straight talk you have the option of using t-mobile or at&t. Just pick which one you wanna go with and they'll send you the sim card.
Here's a few good links about going prepaid and different plans.
http://androidandme.com/2012/10/new...re-paid-smartphone-service-before-you-switch/
http://androidandme.com/2012/05/opi...our-wireless-contract-and-switch-to-pre-paid/
http://androidandme.com/2012/10/news/top-5-pre-paid-wireless-plans-for-android-phones/

Just saw this, thanks a lot man

Is the US version also going to have the snapdragon S4 processor?

Are you asking about the Nexus? If so, yes, it will have a quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. Check out the Google Play store for more specs. The US versions of the Galaxy SIII have a dual core Snapdragon S4 processor.

Are you asking about the Nexus? If so, yes, it will have a quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. Check out the Google Play store for more specs. The US versions of the Galaxy SIII have a dual core Snapdragon S4 processor.

yea I was asking about the Nexus. I thought US versions weren't capable of handling the quad core processor with the LTE network because that's why the US verison of the GSIII has a dual core. Guess I was wrong.

yea I was asking about the Nexus. I thought US versions weren't capable of handling the quad core processor with the LTE network because that's why the US verison of the GSIII has a dual core. Guess I was wrong.

The Nexus doesn't have LTE, only HSPA+. Google did this for batter life and so that they can support most networks in the world.

The quad core Exynos processors originally in the Galaxy SIII didn't support LTE so they put in a dual core Snapdragon. But, they've built in support for LTE in quad core processors now, as seen in the Galaxy Note II's new Exynos processor with LTE and AT&T's LG Optimus G's quad core Snapdragon Pro.

I just thought this was pretty cool.

Motorola Xoom hacked by Ethiopian kids who can’t read; with no instructions whatsoever

The Motorola Xoom is one of the easier tablets to hack. For most, it’s a matter of using the old fastboot oem unlock command using Fastboot in the Android SDK. There really is no basis for comparison on how easy it is. Until now, that is. Now, it can be said that the Moto Xoom is so easy to hack, that illiterate Ethiopian children can do it.

You read that correctly. About five months ago, the OLPC Project decided to have a little experiment. They chose a village in Ethiopia where the literacy rate was nearly 0% and decided to drop off a bunch of Motorola Xooms there. On the tablets, there was custom software that was meant to teach kids how to read. The kicker is that they gave no instructions. They just dropped the box off at town square and walked away.

The results were both fascinating and astounding. Within four minutes, one kid had opened the box and had figured out how to turn on the Xoom. Within five days, the kids were using nearly 50 applications each every day. Two weeks in, the kids were singing their ABC’s in English. At the five month mark, they hacked the Motorola Xooms so they could enable the camera, which had been disabled by OLPC.

We feel it is important to mention that these Ethiopian kids were totally illiterate. They’d never seen so much as a stop sign in their short lifetimes; never mind a food label or a book. Even so, it still only took them five months to hack their first Android devices. We couldn’t be more proud.

So these Ethiopian kids learned English and then hacked the Xoom?

It sounds like something people would laugh at, but yes that’s what actually happened. The Xooms were loaded with a custom software called Nell. Nell was created to help kids in developing countries learn. You can read more about Nell in this publication.

OLPC founder Nicholas Negroponte never did mention whether the experiment was a success or not. However, considering the Ethiopian kids know their ABC’s in both English and Android hacking, we would definitely call it successful. Let us know what you think about all this.

Last edited:
So samsung is going the change their brand a little bit? Though that Note II Lebron commercial was kinda Nikeish so maybe that's the direction they are going.

I'm still debating whether I like the N4 or not..Or if I should just say eff it and get the Note 2.

Can't make up my mind with all these damn phones coming out and all the phones around the corner about to come out

Back
Top Bottom