• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that photosphere is hella nice :pimp:
simple and minimal interface also.
Got that and the 4.2 keyboard, imma integrate my cm10 with the full 4.2 system dump and see what's poppin. I just need to get the new notification panel working.

WIfey got me the Nexus 7, Im in love already... Rooted it already and this thing is super smooth! Perfect size :pimp:

Anyone ever have a problem logging into the youtube app? Trying to log into my account on the app and keeps saying "there was a problem with the network [500]". Any idea what this is? Network is fine, if i search a video it works just fine so i know it's not my wifi. Tried turning wifi off and using my cell signal and same thing happens. Uninstalled updates and reinstalled as well as cleared app data and cache, still doesn't work. Using a Galaxy Nexus. Any ideas?

Last edited:
youtube is having problems right now
had the same network 500 error while trying to view videos on my desktop pc

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out here with prepaid plans?

My dad decided to get the shared data on VZW so I'm just going to get my own individual plan. I need unlimited data and text so the only options are Sprint or T Mobile. I have no credit (not bad credit, just none at all) so I can't start a contract. I'm lookign to do a prepaid plan up until I graduate. What are my best options?

My dad decided to get the shared data on VZW so I'm just going to get my own individual plan. I need unlimited data and text so the only options are Sprint or T Mobile. I have no credit (not bad credit, just none at all) so I can't start a contract. I'm lookign to do a prepaid plan up until I graduate. What are my best options?

For you the best plan would probably be Tmobile $30 pre paid. Unlimited Data Unlimited Texts. 100 minutes.

easiest route would be get Tmobiles 30 bucks plan if you dont talk much, and get you a credit card (more than likely gonna be low balance and high interest) and set up Autopay on ya tmobile prepaid. Do that for a year or 2 and it should help you out.

Everybody gets approved depending on credit. Deposits could range from $0- 700 depending on the carrier as well. I know Spint is usually the one with less deposit. As for pre-paid it depends what phone you want and how you use it. Virgin mobile has the best pre-paid phones, but the service isn't great. Virgin mobile offers everything unlimited for $50 a month. Boost is at $55, but if you pay your bill on time for 6 months they will drop it by $5 so you can drop your bill down to $35-45 a month. AT&T and VZW are the same price wise. $50 for unlimited everything or they have a $2 dollar plan. Lets say you add $30 to your phone, once you use it they will deduct the $2, but you will be able to make unlimited calls and text through out the day. They will only charge you once you use it. Not sure if it works on data though. Also there is straight talk from wal-mart and I think its $45 a month unlimited.

Last edited:
I`d reccomend getting the Nexus 4 8gb for 299, and the 30 tmobile. For 330 total you got a phone and first month bill paid while at lets say vzw highest deposit is 400 + post of phone. (using them as an example since I dont know Sprints deposit range)

I will say when I worked at Tmobile I seen chicks who got approved for Flex Pay (I worked when there when they were doing flex play instead of traditional deposits) and go to sprint and get approved No deposit.

I'll be getting the Note 2. The 60 a month for 4G speeds up to 2GB, unlimited talk and text doesn't seem to bad at all. I've never had pre paid before. How does it even work?
Do they just send you a bill for every month you use the phone, or is it the kind where you have to go buy those refill cards?

No but its only .10 a min over 100. If you talk constantly on the phone then no this isnt for you, but for me its great. I text most people my own age.

My girl is a talker and I use my phone for work too so 100 mins might not be enough.

I just saw a commercial for a google nexus in mid November on Tmobile. Is this a better option than the A) s3 B) Note II ?

I'll be getting the Note 2. The 60 a month for 4G speeds up to 2GB, unlimited talk and text doesn't seem to bad at all. I've never had pre paid before. How does it even work?
Do they just send you a bill for every month you use the phone, or is it the kind where you have to go buy those refill cards?

No they don't send you a bill, you have to login to your account every month and pay it or you can set it up where it auto deducts the monthly amount from your credit card. Might be the best way so you don't forget to pay it every month. Check out straight talk also, $45 a month for unlimited everything. Although it is a bit misleading since unlimited data i heard is only about 2gb's per month. Cheaper alternative than going with t-mobile's $60 plan. When you go straight talk you have the option of using t-mobile or at&t. Just pick which one you wanna go with and they'll send you the sim card.

Here's a few good links about going prepaid and different plans.

http://androidandme.com/2012/10/new...re-paid-smartphone-service-before-you-switch/

http://androidandme.com/2012/05/opi...our-wireless-contract-and-switch-to-pre-paid/

http://androidandme.com/2012/10/news/top-5-pre-paid-wireless-plans-for-android-phones/

Last edited:

Not sure if T-Mobile gets good service in your area but I use simple mobile and am happy with it.

50 bucks a month for unlimited talk, text, and HSDPA data. Internet is fast enough for me, they probably throttle you at 2 gigs but I don't use that much so it hasn't affected me. Get yourself an unlocked GSM phone goto a simple mobile retailer and get a Sim card for 20$ and pop it in.

There is also straight talk which let's you pick between att or T-Mobile. I heard they're strict with over using data though.

you guys are convincing me to go get that prepaid deal since i'm on tmo anyways. question though, how do i keep my number? i just wanna get the sim and pop it in my phone and it says i can't get this deal in a tmo store?

you guys are convincing me to go get that prepaid deal since i'm on tmo anyways. question though, how do i keep my number? i just wanna get the sim and pop it in my phone and it says i can't get this deal in a tmo store?

I'm not sure how it works if your a T-Mobile customer so I can't say its just a matter of popping in your current Sim card. The $30 plan is available online only so yeah in store you can't get that plan. When I switched over during the activation process it asked if I wanted to port a number. Ported from at&t and I was up and running within 12 hours.

I know the Note 2 on t mobile has the 4G capabilities, does T Mobile have any plans on rolling out real 4G instead of the HSPA+ anytime within the next year

HSPA+ is 4g, it's a form of it. Just like LTE is a form of 4g.

HSPA+ isnt real 4g, its only called 4g for marketing terms. I worked at Tmobile back when it first came out and for the longest we were calling it by its name but HSPA+ doesnt sound attractive to the avg customer who doesnt know what youre talking about, and the International telecom org gave the green light for carriers to call HSPA+ 4g then the flood gates broke loose.

What do you guys think the development on the AT&T LG Optimus G will be like? Do you think it'll be officially supported by AOKP or Cyanogenmod? Also, does anyone know how the auto updater on Cyanogenmod works and how good it is?

Edit: Just found out that the bootloader is locked. Guess the development won't be too great. What do you guys think of purchasing the GSIII now? Would it be a waste?

I need something easily rootable and romable so locked bootloaders won't help me out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom