• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loved the first Note, that review is really leaning me towards the Note II. The new features with the S-Pen have sold me. It's just crazy you can do all that stuff on a phone. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

the note 2 is dope. just got my s3 this week and already thinking about getting the note 2 if it comes to Verizon :lol: .

i think October 24 is the Note 2 event hopefully well get a release date.

The more I see of that Note II....:pimp:

wow that note 2 :pimp:
if i was in the market for tablets or huge phones id def cop i LOVE that split screen multi tasking feature i mutli task a lottttttttttt
i hope the LG Nexus gets that :pimp:

Last edited:
i'm the opposite, i can see the appeal, but the size of that thing is becoming more and more unattractive

Forreal tho.

I saw a dude who had to be at least 6'3, 250, with the Note 1 and he still looked awkward using it. So, yeah I'm already knowing I can't mess with the Note 2

The more I see of that Note II....:pimp:

That was probably one of the best reviews I've seen. Not talking about the phone, but just the overall reviewer.
Agreed. He has good production for his vids. In one of them he talked about the Chinese-based company Oppo and their new upcoming Find phone that will have a 5 inch, 1080p, 441ppi display :wow: :wow:. Super retina screen :smokin. The screen sounds insane. It will run JB as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/15/oppo-find-5-1080p-441ppi-quad-core/

Ya I'm good on the note. Love my s3 although call quality is fair. Gunna jus snatch up that note 10.1 tablet around the holidays

MAXX HD on the 18th. Finally!!

You guys are gonna trip when I say this, but minus the small screen and the battery life the original RAZR might have been the best Android phone that I have owned. Build quality of it >* and it was dumb fast for whatever reason. Just only got 6 hours of battery life :lol:

I love my JB S3 as well but the thought of rooting the MAXX and throwing JB on there + 2 days of battery or whatever is too much :x

Yeah I'm interested in the Maxx HD as well. It all depends on the dev community behind it though.
Bootloader locked?

Yeah I'm interested in the Maxx HD as well. It all depends on the dev community behind it though.
Bootloader locked?
It is locked but being plan to be unlocked. The dev community was great on the locked RAZR tho. Even have legit JB ROMS for it etc. And since we don't have to worry about battery life it may not be as big of a deal. We will see tho

Alright NT. Halp.

I'm with Sprint and I'm up for a new phone/contract.

Do I wait it out for the Nexus (which is what I really wanna do) or do I go with the S3 that's been out for awhile now?

Alright NT. Halp.
Do I wait it out for the Nexus (which is what I really wanna do) or do I go with the S3 that's been out for awhile now?

I'm in the exact same position.

Personally I think if you wait for the new nexus you're going to be waiting for a while and probably be disappointed (I don't have faith in LG products ).

If you can get the S3 for 150 or under, I'd go ahead n cop it. The only other option I'd suggest is get a galaxy nexus for the low (like 250 off Craigslist or eBay ) and hold off on ya upgrade till next yr.

Off topic: do you have Sprint LTE where you live and if so how fast is it?

edit: apparently Samsung is also making a S3 mini. So I highly doubt the S4 will be out anytime soon and make the S3 outdated..

Last edited:
I'm in the exact same position.
Personally I think if you wait for the new nexus you're going to be waiting for a while and probably be disappointed (I don't have faith in LG products ).
If you can get the S3 for 150 or under, I'd go ahead n cop it. The only other option I'd suggest is get a galaxy nexus for the low (like 250 off Craigslist or eBay ) and hold off on ya upgrade till next yr.
Off topic: do you have Sprint LTE where you live and if so how fast is it?
edit: apparently Samsung is also making a S3 mini. So I highly doubt the S4 will be out anytime soon and make the S3 outdated..

I don't have LTE yet where I'm at near SLC. I might try to find a GNex and hold out until the next big wave of phones in the spring and then give the GNex to the wife. She's using my original EVO after I used her upgrade on my NS4G. I'll see what I can find...

I don't have LTE yet where I'm at near SLC. I might try to find a GNex and hold out until the next big wave of phones in the spring and then give the GNex to the wife. She's using my original EVO after I used her upgrade on my NS4G. I'll see what I can find...

Yeah that might be your best bet. Samsung really just needs to make a all black Nexus version of the S3 and call it a day...

just set up a purchase tonight of a pretty clean looking GNex for $245. I'll use for a few months and then pass it on to the wife when something that really kicks *** comes out. It'll work out either way.

Alright NT. Halp.

I say wait. See if the Google really entices us with the LG Nexus and the New Version of Android 4.2
If it doesn't Sprint will have a black Friday deal for the GS3 for $50 beans.

KINGFOAMNYC

I pepped your argument and I respect your opinion. We all have preferences when it boils down to design. I fell this its an iterative design from Google and nothing looks compelling to me. The curve glass gave the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus a characteristic when looking at a vantage point you felt you held something that something was innovative and futuristic. Its slab device but it unique and not done before. If the LG Nexus carried the same curve glass characteristic I'll appreciate it. But it looks like a slab of plastic and glass. Which I don't mind (actually like plastic phones, they don't shatter) . Once I get this LG Nexus in my hand i'll reserve my LG bias thoughts and hopefully something really screams at me and i'll cop it.

Rumor has it that launch will be October 29th for $399.99 on Google play. Also their are reports that the 8GB model was just a test device and it will come in 16GB and 32GB flavors, let's hope that's true 

Back
Top Bottom