Vince Carter appreciation.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

tin-man.jpg

Appreciated for his dunks, amazing plays, one of a kind talent.

Unappreciated for being a disappointment for Orlando, and generally not having a heart or passion for the game.
preacher.jpg

Originally Posted by Big J 33

tin-man.jpg

Appreciated for his dunks, amazing plays, one of a kind talent.

Unappreciated for being a disappointment for Orlando, and generally not having a heart or passion for the game.
preacher.jpg

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Vince was the truth, before I knew better. Sure dudes dunks were amazing, his talent undeniable. But as soon as I was old enough to realize cool dunks aren't everything, and really appreciate the game I stopped checking for Vince. Dude went from the greatest player out there, to a damn near scrub in my eyes. I just couldn't comprehend how one of the best players in the league could be such a loser, and such a quitter. I didn't understand how anyone could respect him, or his game. If it wasn't for Vince I probably would've never got into the game, dude is quite possibly the most exciting player I have ever seen. Unfortunately his lack of heart kept him from being anything other than a couple highlights.

If only he had heart. He's clearly no less talented than Kobe but nowhere near the same heart.
I don't know if I'd say that now. At one point though they were of the same level, and Kobe was busting his ++! to do it, while Vince was putting forth only enough effort to get by. It kinda makes you think 

Exactly; there is literally 0 chance the guy was talking about right this second
laugh.gif
he was just saying that it makes you think if only he had a heart he could be on Kobe's level. At one point there definitely wasnt to big of a discrepancy in talent.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Vince was the truth, before I knew better. Sure dudes dunks were amazing, his talent undeniable. But as soon as I was old enough to realize cool dunks aren't everything, and really appreciate the game I stopped checking for Vince. Dude went from the greatest player out there, to a damn near scrub in my eyes. I just couldn't comprehend how one of the best players in the league could be such a loser, and such a quitter. I didn't understand how anyone could respect him, or his game. If it wasn't for Vince I probably would've never got into the game, dude is quite possibly the most exciting player I have ever seen. Unfortunately his lack of heart kept him from being anything other than a couple highlights.

If only he had heart. He's clearly no less talented than Kobe but nowhere near the same heart.
I don't know if I'd say that now. At one point though they were of the same level, and Kobe was busting his ++! to do it, while Vince was putting forth only enough effort to get by. It kinda makes you think 

Exactly; there is literally 0 chance the guy was talking about right this second
laugh.gif
he was just saying that it makes you think if only he had a heart he could be on Kobe's level. At one point there definitely wasnt to big of a discrepancy in talent.

if i had to pick one word to describe Vince's body of work in the NBA it would be, "disappointment". he had all that raw talent and has pretty much accomplished nothing.

if i had to pick one word to describe Vince's body of work in the NBA it would be, "disappointment". he had all that raw talent and has pretty much accomplished nothing.

Gravedigging again DC
laugh.gif

Too bad he and his cousin's heart pumped Kool-Aid, had all the talent to be top 25 ever.

Gravedigging again DC
laugh.gif

Too bad he and his cousin's heart pumped Kool-Aid, had all the talent to be top 25 ever.

Back
Top Bottom