Vince Carter appreciation.

just to make sure were on the same page here, the guy were appreciating is the same guy who admitted that he quit on the raptors right?

vince is/was nice but he coulda been so much more if he really wanted to be regardless of the injuries.

just to make sure were on the same page here, the guy were appreciating is the same guy who admitted that he quit on the raptors right?

vince is/was nice but he coulda been so much more if he really wanted to be regardless of the injuries.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

There's almost as many reasons to hate him as there are to love him.... and the internet ain't exactly a supportive place. Its where people come to make bold, aggressive statements behind usernames and modems. Even with that said, I can't imagine someone other than a 2010 Magic fan saying anything less that, "I loved watching this guy play above the rim", if nothing else.
Since when is saying that Vince didn't play with passion - or any of the other statements levied against him - a bold statement? It's the same exact thing that sportswriters and analysts have been saying for years.
Wat... I don't get how you used a non-bold assessment of VC to invalidate my opinion on people expressing other, more bold opinions..  step away from the reply button.
What do you consider a bold assessment about him? Saying that he has no heart or that he is a quitter is a pretty bold statement, but it's one that is constantly thrown about. Just because it has become synonymous with Vince doesn't mean it isn't bold, which further supports what I originally wrote - that members of the media have been criticizing him for years.
You're still the one doing ALL the arguing.. and all the "saying" though...

There's almost as many reasons to hate him as there are to love him.... and the internet ain't exactly a supportive place. Its where people come to make bold, aggressive statements behind usernames and modems. Even with that said, I can't imagine someone other than a 2010 Magic fan saying anything less that, "I loved watching this guy play above the rim", if nothing else.
Since when is saying that Vince didn't play with passion - or any of the other statements levied against him - a bold statement? It's the same exact thing that sportswriters and analysts have been saying for years.
Wat... I don't get how you used a non-bold assessment of VC to invalidate my opinion on people expressing other, more bold opinions..  step away from the reply button.
What do you consider a bold assessment about him? Saying that he has no heart or that he is a quitter is a pretty bold statement, but it's one that is constantly thrown about. Just because it has become synonymous with Vince doesn't mean it isn't bold, which further supports what I originally wrote - that members of the media have been criticizing him for years.
You're still the one doing ALL the arguing.. and all the "saying" though...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Unappreciated for being a disappointment for Orlando
and i hope they trade his choking *@% for agent 0
pimp.gif

Vince Carter is still my favourite Raptor to ever wear the jersey and one of my favourite players in the NBA. He was my first favourite player I ever had. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and end his career in a Raptor uniform (even though I know it will never happen)
tired.gif

Vince Carter is still my favourite Raptor to ever wear the jersey and one of my favourite players in the NBA. He was my first favourite player I ever had. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and end his career in a Raptor uniform (even though I know it will never happen)
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

Vince must have really hated Alonzo..he used to tear us up.

lol he dunked on him at least 3 times IIRC. maybe 4...

and those PE's up there, they were the best PE's issued by nike.. the 2nd best were:

49_343728_851f4a326d11bd1.jpg

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

Vince must have really hated Alonzo..he used to tear us up.

lol he dunked on him at least 3 times IIRC. maybe 4...

and those PE's up there, they were the best PE's issued by nike.. the 2nd best were:

49_343728_851f4a326d11bd1.jpg

I appreciate that shot he missed against the Sixers that put us in the Conference Finals. I don't appreciate the Shox VC 5's that I wasted 150 dollars on and hurt my arches.

I appreciate that shot he missed against the Sixers that put us in the Conference Finals. I don't appreciate the Shox VC 5's that I wasted 150 dollars on and hurt my arches.

In an interview broadcast Thursday on TNT, network analyst John Thompson asked Carter if he pushed himself as hard as he should have in Toronto.

"In years past, no," said Carter, acquired by the New Jersey Nets on Dec 17. "I was fortunate to have the talent ... you get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it.

Vince knew EXACTLY when to stop attacking the rim -- right after the first time he gets hit hard going up.  Guy went down and stayed down like a champ.  
pimp.gif

In an interview broadcast Thursday on TNT, network analyst John Thompson asked Carter if he pushed himself as hard as he should have in Toronto.

"In years past, no," said Carter, acquired by the New Jersey Nets on Dec 17. "I was fortunate to have the talent ... you get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it.

Vince knew EXACTLY when to stop attacking the rim -- right after the first time he gets hit hard going up.  Guy went down and stayed down like a champ.  
pimp.gif

You can say whatever you want, call him whatever you want but after a VC dunk I know most of us couldn't wait to watch SportsCenter.

Who could forget this tag line.... "Which SportsCenter do you watch?"

Edit:

From the nightly highlights alone dude is very much appreciated!!!

You can say whatever you want, call him whatever you want but after a VC dunk I know most of us couldn't wait to watch SportsCenter.

Who could forget this tag line.... "Which SportsCenter do you watch?"

Edit:

From the nightly highlights alone dude is very much appreciated!!!

In his prime I have not seen anyone score 25 points so effortlessly...But it'd leave you scratching your head because dude barely would break a sweat.

However he becomes unfocused easily..Doesn't have a killer instinct and doesn't really care to win.

In his prime I have not seen anyone score 25 points so effortlessly...But it'd leave you scratching your head because dude barely would break a sweat.

However he becomes unfocused easily..Doesn't have a killer instinct and doesn't really care to win.

I have to say from day 1, I HATED how the Orlando offense was run. Jameer Nelson dribbles for 20 sec of the shot clock, then passes to Vince like he's Ray Allen for a catch and shoot jumper. He hasn't played like that his entire career. Whenever they set him up on the block and let him run the pick in roll or iso, he was scoring effortlessly. That's the exact way they used to run it for him in New Jersey. Vince could never get into a rhythm and try and turn it up in the second half and it's too late. He's a rhythm player...he was set up to fail alongside Jameer in that backcourt. Why do you think JJ Reddick had success? He plays like Ray Allen and doest need to even touch the ball unless it's a off a screen and

This man gets such a bad rap and a lot of it is undeserved. People were waiting for him to fail before he even got an opportunity. And it's sad to me that people dog out such a genuinely nice guy when outside of his great contributions to basketball athletically, he's been a model citizen for the league. Especially with the game 7. Really...criticized for graduating? And on the topic of being clutch, I would have him take my last second shots over everyone not named Kobe or Melo. He hits threes at the buzzer when the team is down 1-2 points. Check his track record

Appreciated
pimp.gif

I have to say from day 1, I HATED how the Orlando offense was run. Jameer Nelson dribbles for 20 sec of the shot clock, then passes to Vince like he's Ray Allen for a catch and shoot jumper. He hasn't played like that his entire career. Whenever they set him up on the block and let him run the pick in roll or iso, he was scoring effortlessly. That's the exact way they used to run it for him in New Jersey. Vince could never get into a rhythm and try and turn it up in the second half and it's too late. He's a rhythm player...he was set up to fail alongside Jameer in that backcourt. Why do you think JJ Reddick had success? He plays like Ray Allen and doest need to even touch the ball unless it's a off a screen and

This man gets such a bad rap and a lot of it is undeserved. People were waiting for him to fail before he even got an opportunity. And it's sad to me that people dog out such a genuinely nice guy when outside of his great contributions to basketball athletically, he's been a model citizen for the league. Especially with the game 7. Really...criticized for graduating? And on the topic of being clutch, I would have him take my last second shots over everyone not named Kobe or Melo. He hits threes at the buzzer when the team is down 1-2 points. Check his track record

Appreciated
pimp.gif

^ Good point... They should let Vince handle the ball more in Orlando... let him create...

Anyway, VC is my favourite player and basically the only reason I watch basketball right now...

Back
Top Bottom